Religious Affiliations of Selected Universities and Colleges

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Religious Affiliations of Selected Universities and Coll

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Jimmy Carter was a christian, as is Xavier university. Coincidentally, the last time Dayton won at Xavier Jimmy Carter was president.

Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUBoxer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:.
This is a thread about Catholic Basketball Schools, with a lot of information about Butler University .

Is it though? There's an awful lot of focus on the big east schools plus SLU and Dayton. It would seem it's a thread about the big east with your expansion idea. If it were truly an expansion thread we'd have information about gonzaga San Fran and st Mary's. Loyola, Loyola number 2 and the other Loyola. There'd be some info on ND and BC. But there isn't there's ton of info comparing UD and SLU to current big east schools masquerading as a thread about catholic basketball schools.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm

MUBoxer wrote:
Re: Religious Affiliations of Selected Universities and Colleges
Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:
This is a thread about Catholic Basketball Schools, with a lot of information about Butler University.

If it were truly an expansion thread we'd have information about Gonzaga, San Francisco, and St. Mary's. Loyola, Loyola number 2 and the other Loyola.

There'd be some info on ND and BC. But there isn't.

I selected 12 Catholic Basketball Schools and posted about them.

Posts about Gonzaga, San Francisco, and St. Mary's, Loyola, Loyola number 2, and the other Loyola would be very welcome additions to the thread, although this is not an expansion thread, as the Big East has no plans to expand for the foreseeable future.

I posted information about the 12 Catholic Basketball Schools because they are all peer institutions, even though two of the schools are in an inferior conference. If such information does not interest you, please try reading another thread.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby Xudash » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Popcorn with butter. Check.

Cocktail. Check.

Sit back and watch Muddy make a mess of this message board, while otherwise obliterating any positive perception that VD could possibly muster up here. The other UD fans who lurk here must be beside themselves, wondering why the mods don't do what has already been done elsewhere.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MUBoxer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:
Re: Religious Affiliations of Selected Universities and Colleges
Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:
This is a thread about Catholic Basketball Schools, with a lot of information about Butler University.

If it were truly an expansion thread we'd have information about Gonzaga, San Francisco, and St. Mary's. Loyola, Loyola number 2 and the other Loyola.

There'd be some info on ND and BC. But there isn't.

I selected 12 Catholic Basketball Schools and posted about them.

Posts about Gonzaga, San Francisco, and St. Mary's, Loyola, Loyola number 2, and the other Loyola would be very welcome additions to the thread, although this is not an expansion thread, as the Big East has no plans to expand for the foreseeable future.

I posted information about the 12 Catholic Basketball Schools because they are all peer institutions, even though two of the schools are in an inferior conference. If such information does not interest you, please try reading another thread.

Dayton and SLU are hardly peers to Georgetown the only two catholic schools on that level are ND and BC. Nova is on the tier of Fordham and holy cross. There's a third area that you could lump the rest of the national universities in with but saying that you guys are somehow more of the BE "peers" than the rest of the national catholic schools is a joke.

I'm not here to add to your encyclopedia of all things Dayton SLU and the Big East but at least call it what it is and admit it's because you want those two in. At the end of the day Loyola Chicago, Santa Clara, San Francisco Fordham, Holy Cross and more would be posted by you if this were truly an article about "peer" institutions.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:27 am

Previously posted on Page 3 of this thread:
On September 8th, Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:
Georgetown University - Admissions - CollegeData.com
Overall Admission Rate: 17% of 19,478 applicants were admitted = 3,358 admitted students.
Students Enrolled: 1,665 (50%) of 3,358 admitted students enrolled.

ACT Scores of Enrolled Freshmen
Range of Middle 50%: 30-34
Score of 30 – 36: 77%
Score of 24 – 29: 20%
Score of 18 – 23: 3%
Score of 12 - 17: 0%

Villanova University - Admissions - CollegeData.com
Overall Admission Rate: 48% of 16,206 applicants were admitted = 7,761 admitted students.
Students Enrolled: 1,818 (23%) of 7,761 admitted students enrolled.

ACT Scores of Enrolled Freshmen
Range of Middle 50%: 29-32
Score of 30 – 36: 60%
Score of 24 – 29: 36%
Score of 18 – 23: 4%
Score of 12 - 17: 0%

It should be noted that many applicants to Ivy League Schools also apply to Georgetown and Villanova, so those two schools are routinely competing for (and enrolling) the country’s most intellectually-gifted high school students (unlike the other 10 schools listed above).

To Conclude: The voluminous amount of factual information posted above demonstrates beyond doubt that Dayton and Saint Louis are peer institutions with the Big East schools.

MUBoxer wrote:
Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:
I posted information about the 12 Catholic Basketball Schools because they are all peer institutions ...

Dayton and SLU are hardly peers to Georgetown.

I agree, if you are referring to academic excellence. But I never posted that ‘Dayton and SLU are peers to Georgetown’.

I posted that Dayton and Saint Louis are peer institutions with the Big East schools, and very specifically acknowledged that Georgetown and Villanova are in a different class with regards to academic prestige. On Page 3, I provided a ton of factual information about the 12 schools in support of this assertion.

If you want to argue about the definition of a ‘peer institution’ or about semantics in general, please start a new thread for it on the Off Topic board.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby BEXU » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:52 pm

This whole thread is off topic.
BEXU

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:33 am

Neither Travis Ford nor any of his assistant coaches have been mentioned in connection with the FBI investigation into college basketball corruption, but it appears that Travis still has a lot to worry about.

Three women allege sexual assaults by Saint Louis University athletes – Fox News St. Louis - September 26, 2017

3 women allege assaults by St. Louis University athletes - The Washington Times/Associated Press - September 26, 2017

3 women report sexual assaults by SLU student-athletes; St. Louis police investigating - St. Louis Post-Dispatch - September 27, 2017

The buzz on the Billikens.com Message Board is that four basketball players are being accused of the assaults.

The 2017-18 season is going to be a big disappointment for the fans of many college basketball teams.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby admin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:39 pm

I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. It doesn't appear that there's really any discussion of the "topic" itself and is rather just being used to share info about other schools, primarily A10.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board