Big East Shoot-around

The home for Big East hoops

Big East Shoot-around

Postby MullinMayhem » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Hey guys, so many of us have begged for more coverage of our favorite teams...we finally got it! But I notice there is barely any engagement so far. I know it's still new, but everyone please support the conference and get the word out we need some lively debates and good questions on Twitter! Spread the word so it's a success!
MullinMayhem

Big East Shoot-around

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big East Shoot-around

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:19 pm

What specifically in terms of engagement is lacking?
ArmyVet

Postby BEXU » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Can anyone tell a child of the fifties how to access this thing? JP Macura's supposed to on tmrw at 3 pm altho I suspect he will be pre-empted due to the Rollie news. Link? Facebook? Foxtofgo? Help needed.
BEXU

Postby Jet915 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 am

BEXU wrote:Can anyone tell a child of the fifties how to access this thing? JP Macura's supposed to on tmrw at 3 pm altho I suspect he will be pre-empted due to the Rollie news. Link? Facebook? Foxtofgo? Help needed.

Big East twitter page will post link.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BIGEAST
Jet915

Postby MullinMayhem » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:11 am

I really have to say after watching yesterday's installment of Big East Shoot-around, I really like Ed Cooley. Very down to earth guy, good sense of humor, and you can clearly see why he excels at recruiting...very personable. I love watching these episodes and I make sure to watch each one after work since who's really around at 3 PM to tune in live on a weekday? I am disappointed however that it seems there are almost no viewers. I think the most popular episode has around 100 views and that was weeks ago. It's embarrassing. I know it's still pretty new and many fans may not even know about it, but come on there's no excuse for those numbers. I was thinking at the very least there would be a few thousand views for each episode. I have been messaging back and forth with John Fanta (one of the hosts) and he was saying engagement on social media is very low. My guess is that for most fans who are not diehards like us on the board, they only start paying attention in November. I'd still expect way more than 100 though considering each school is covered...Creighton alone averages 17,000 fans at games, shouldn't we expect at least 1,000+ of them alone would tune in? I guess I'm just worried they won't do more of this stuff in the future and may discontinue the show due to low engagement.
MullinMayhem

Return to Big East basketball message board