(5) Saturday BE Games 3/4/17

The home for Big East hoops

Postby MUPanther » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:24 pm

12PM- Villanova @ Georgetown - FOX
Gus Johnson (play-by-play) & Jim Jackson (analyst)

12PM- Providence at St. John's - FS2
Alex Faust (play-by-play) & Tarik Turner (analyst)

2PM- Xavier at DePaul - FS1
Tim Brando (pbp) & Dickey Simpkins (analyst)

2:30PM - Creighton at Marquette - FS2
Justin Kutcher (play-by-play) & Nick Bahe (analyst)

2:30PM - Seton Hall at Butler - FOX
Joe Davis ( play-by-play) & Len Elmore (analyst)
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: (5) Saturday BE Games 3/4/17

Postby Toronto Rapture » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:47 am

Nice; double header this weekend on Fox. Except for Nova/Georgetown, all of those matchups are intriguing and have tourney implications. Usually, I would really like to watch Nova/Georgetown, but I wish Providence/St. john's was airing on Fox instead; I think it will be a more competitive game, and obviously, big implications for Providence.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby cu blujs » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:29 am

Don't sell GT short in this one. Its at home. They have the athleticism to cause Nova trouble if they play inspired and hit some shots, and Nova could easily let their guard down for this. Huge implications for Nova, IMO, also. I don't think a loss in the BET will cost them the No. 1 seed, but lose this and they could lose their No. 1 seed.
cu blujs

Postby sciencejay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:38 am

Watching Marquette handle X the other night reminded me of the CU-MU game in Omaha in January. Every time X looked like they were poised to get back in the game and only needed a stop to really put the pressure on, MU scored (often a trey) and the run was over. If MU scores that easily every game, they can beat anyone. For my Jays' sake, I hope they have an off day tomorrow.
sciencejay

Postby milksteak » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:41 am

Pretty cool the last Saturday of the regular season has four games with seeding implications! Should be a fun day.

Hinkle will be rocking! Go Dawgs! :D
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby REDMEN1415 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Toronto Rapture wrote:Nice; double header this weekend on Fox. Except for Nova/Georgetown, all of those matchups are intriguing and have tourney implications. Usually, I would really like to watch Nova/Georgetown, but I wish Providence/St. john's was airing on Fox instead; I think it will be a more competitive game, and obviously, big implications for Providence.

and obviously, big implications for ST. John's.

Per Zach B
St. John's visitors tomorrow against Providence: Precious Achiuwa, Isiah Muhammad, Che Evans, Justin Lewis, and Aidan Igiehon. #sjubb

Quite a lot of talent there

Gotta put on a show for them. Show them what winning at MSG (The Mecca) is like, and hearing MSG loud when they win.
Gotta put on a good performance for the top kids if ya expect them to want to come.
REDMEN1415

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Finally a game that doesn't feel like a must win - but it's a great chance to make a statement and all but lock up a tourney spot in front of a national audience*! Go Hall!

*Yes I know we always have a national audience, but it's obviously a much bigger one on big Fox
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby kayako » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Villanova, Creighton, and Xavier may be playing their BET opponents.
supernova
kayako

Postby DeePhence » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Friar fans are thinking if we win tomorrow, we're safely in baring a slew of weird stuff happening next week.
I'd like to get this one and at least round 1 in MSG.

Picked - 9th. Could finish 3rd, probably 4th/5th and projected to be in the field as of now. Whole team back next year plus some quality additions coming next year. We're feelin' pretty good.

(That sound you hear are my chickens beating counted before they hatch).

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby EMT » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:14 pm

REDMEN1415 wrote:
Toronto Rapture wrote:Nice; double header this weekend on Fox. Except for Nova/Georgetown, all of those matchups are intriguing and have tourney implications. Usually, I would really like to watch Nova/Georgetown, but I wish Providence/St. john's was airing on Fox instead; I think it will be a more competitive game, and obviously, big implications for Providence.

and obviously, big implications for ST. John's.

Per Zach B
St. John's visitors tomorrow against Providence: Precious Achiuwa, Isiah Muhammad, Che Evans, Justin Lewis, and Aidan Igiehon. #sjubb

Quite a lot of talent there

Gotta put on a show for them. Show them what winning at MSG (The Mecca) is like, and hearing MSG loud when they win.
Gotta put on a good performance for the top kids if ya expect them to want to come.

Friars will have a sizable contingent there tomorrow.
EMT

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board