Mo Watson - ACL out for season

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Mo Watson - ACL out for season

Postby sciencejay » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Truly stunning. The guy went from the king of the world to (most likely) a pariah at Creighton. Yes, he is adamantly denying the charges (1st degree sexual assault of a 19 year old woman), but the damage may already be done.

Some friends and I were discussing this last night, and since the incident occurred on February 4th, I wonder if this hasn't affected the CU players' ability to focus. They had to know that $h!t was going down around Mo, so even though the suspension and arrest warrant were publicized this week, his buddies had to know ahead of time. We are 4-5 since he went down with wins over DePaul(2), Butler and G'Town. Butler is a great feather in the resume cap, but the other three? Not so much. We have close losses to X, SH and PC. Those three losses reminded me a lot of last year (and before). We simply could not get stops when we needed, and in crunch time, we couldn't get a good look that wasn't from 23+ feet away. Mo was clearly the facilitator on offense, but our defense and rebounding seem worse since his injury. Again, I wonder if this has been distracting them and hurting their performance...
sciencejay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:06 pm

What a shame. This situation sucks.

I'll wait till the case plays out. Not a good situation for anyone involved. But I hope that it's not as bad as it sounds.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby LMS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Rape charges dropped today. Pled to a lesser assault charge in a different matter, but got time served. The bigger thing is he does not need to register as a sex offender.
LMS

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board