Tremont Waters - 4 star PG to Hoyas

Big East hoops recruiting home

Postby adoraz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Another top 50 player coming soon to the Big East?

http://247sports.com/Player/Tremont-Waters-74717

#37.

Evan DanielsVerified account ‏@EvanDaniels 60m60 minutes ago Houston, TX
4- star PG Tremont Waters is expected to announce tomorrow. Hear finalists are Georgetown & Indiana. Georgetown is getting all the buzz.

WOW.
Johnnies
adoraz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2017 Recruiting Class could be the best yet

Postby Jet915 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Indiana is supposedly the favorite but hes announcing right after his SECOND visit to Georgetown so hopefully the Hoyas can snatch him up. Goodman and Zagoria saying Georgetown is the favorite.
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:22 am

Check that, Georgetown is now the crystal ball favorite for Tremont Waters ;)
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Tremont Waters is a Hoya!
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Jet915 wrote:Tremont Waters is a Hoya!

finally on the board!!!! whew!
stever20

Postby BigmanU » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:07 pm

BEast is knocking em' out the park on the trail.
BigmanU

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Great get Hoyas! It looks like JT3 is committing to changing his style of offense.

...this year on the recruiting trail Thompson and his staff have been selling that they are going to be modifying, if not outright changing, the offense. They sold players on playing faster, having more freedom, and utilizing more ball screens.

Some prospects didn’t buy into the sell, but Waters did. The No. 36 overall prospect has been to Georgetown to see them practice, and he saw enough to believe that they were putting in a system that would fit him well.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... georgetown
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Re: Tremont Waters - 4 star PG to Hoyas

Postby jaxalum » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:43 pm

This is a huge, phenomenal, and a surprising get for Gtown(I absolutley do not mean that in a disparaging way) .....Long story short, Indaina and Xavier were in a recruiting death match for PG Paul Scruggs (number 29/31 player overall), both recruiting this kid for years. He even had a close relative play at IU. But Travis Steele, our friggin beast of a recruiter (especially in Indiana/Hoosier fans actually talk shit about him and acuse him of cheating because he pulls so many kids out of Indiana) was on him 24/7. And then it became where the ENTIRE staff would attend his games. Indiana started to fall away "because they had Tremont Waters" in the bank, and then all the BS about how they didnt want Scruggs anyways (who the hell in their right mind doesnt want a top 30 player? Freaks)

I remember seeing that Waters, who everyone thought was a HUGE Indiana lean, still had three HIGH level schools (major blue bloods) he planned to visit, although many thought he would commit on the Indiana visit. Kentucky, Kansas, and Indiana. Talk about a gauntlet of death.

I would LOVE to know what the hell went on in the background? I was keeping an eye on the Waters recruitment hoping he would pick Indiana to take them off the board for Scruggs. I never could have fathomed that it would or could end up so perfectly and you guys nabbing Waters and us grabbing Scruggs. If anyone cares to, I'd be interested to hear any background stories on how the Waters recruitment unfolded.
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby BigmanU » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:55 pm

jaxalum wrote:This is a huge, phenomenal, and a surprising get for Gtown(I absolutley do not mean that in a disparaging way) .....Long story short, Indaina and Xavier were in a recruiting death match for PG Paul Scruggs (number 29/31 player overall), both recruiting this kid for years. He even had a close relative play at IU. But Travis Steele, our friggin beast of a recruiter (especially in Indiana/Hoosier fans actually talk shit about him and acuse him of cheating because he pulls so many kids out of Indiana) was on him 24/7. And then it became where the ENTIRE staff would attend his games. Indiana started to fall away "because they had Tremont Waters" in the bank, and then all the BS about how they didnt want Scruggs anyways (who the hell in their right mind doesnt want a top 30 player? Freaks)

I remember seeing that Waters, who everyone thought was a HUGE Indiana lean, still had three HIGH level schools (major blue bloods) he planned to visit, although many thought he would commit on the Indiana visit. Kentucky, Kansas, and Indiana. Talk about a gauntlet of death.

I would LOVE to know what the hell went on in the background? I was keeping an eye on the Waters recruitment hoping he would pick Indiana to take them off the board for Scruggs. I never could have fathomed that it would or could end up so perfectly and you guys nabbing Waters and us grabbing Scruggs. If anyone cares to, I'd be interested to hear any background stories on how the Waters recruitment unfolded.

He idolizes Allen Iverson. He came on his official the weekend AI was inducted into the HOF the beginning of Sept.

He later was scheduled visits with Kentucky, Indiana and Kansas the following weekends.

There was a lot of hype surrounding the Thompson Center opening (10/6) and he unexpectedly showed to our Midnight Madness (10/14) for an unofficial. A few days later he decided to end his recruitment and make the announcement. I had a feeling he would commit but as a Hoyas fan, these types of public announcements always work against us.

Zags tweet:A big point guard domino falls tomorrow when Tremont Waters announces. Just visited Georgetown. Indiana and UK also have been in mix.

J. Albers tweet: Tremont Waters will not pick Kentucky tomorrow. A source close to the recruitment told me they’ve been out of the running for weeks. #iubb

"Waters confirmed that Kentucky coach John Calipari “was here three times”, Kansas coach Bill self once, Georgetown coach John Thompson III twice, but not UConn coach Kevin Ollie. He also said Indiana sent an assistant."

Zags again:Sounds like Georgetown is in good shape for Tremont Waters tomorrow per several coaches.

Side note: Something I found interesting on this IU board it was noticed he was searching Washinging Post (among other things) while on his official at IU a week after GU visit.

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2016/9/26/ ... g-homework

Please anyone else with more insight fill in the blanks or correct if necessary
BigmanU

Postby friars321 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Report from yesterday that he has requested for a release from his LOI to Georgetown. I believe he had Duke in his final 2-3. JT3 not doing the league any favors. I'm upset a potential superstar player and top 50 pg won't be coming to our league. Only 5-10 so would be a great 4 year player as well.
friars321

Next

Return to Big East Recruiting