Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Friday night
USC/UTAH on FS1 8:59 PM 12:38 AM 1042m
FOX COLLEGE EXTRA--12:38 AM 1:03 AM 305
FSL WITH JAY AND DAN 1:03 AM 1:32 AM 193k (FSL is at 1AM ET and gets almost 200k. Helps having good live events)
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:19 pm

MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:14 am

well I feel like Fox is going to be getting a great scenario for the MLB playoffs this year.

Got Cubs as 1 seed, then a Dodgers/Nationals LDS series.....

Wild card teams will be 2 of Mets, Giants, and Cards....

A Cubs/Mets, Dodgers/Nats LDS would be probably as close to a perfect scenario as possible.... And a Cubs/Dodgers LCS(much as I would hate that- I'm a huge Nats fan)- would be absolute best case.

For Turner- they'll have Boston, Cleveland, Texas as the 3 division champs, with wild card teams coming from Baltimore, Toronto, Detroit, with an outside shot of Seattle...
So they could get Texas/Baltimore and Boston/Cleveland. Not best case- but not as bad as last years matchups....

And a WS with Cubs/Red Sox would be perfect as well... Could shape up as an outstanding October for Fox. The pressure would be on Fox to deliver the ratings then.
stever20

Postby adoraz » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:04 pm

stever20 wrote:well I feel like Fox is going to be getting a great scenario for the MLB playoffs this year.

Got Cubs as 1 seed, then a Dodgers/Nationals LDS series.....

Wild card teams will be 2 of Mets, Giants, and Cards....

A Cubs/Mets, Dodgers/Nats LDS would be probably as close to a perfect scenario as possible.... And a Cubs/Dodgers LCS(much as I would hate that- I'm a huge Nats fan)- would be absolute best case.

For Turner- they'll have Boston, Cleveland, Texas as the 3 division champs, with wild card teams coming from Baltimore, Toronto, Detroit, with an outside shot of Seattle...
So they could get Texas/Baltimore and Boston/Cleveland. Not best case- but not as bad as last years matchups....

And a WS with Cubs/Red Sox would be perfect as well... Could shape up as an outstanding October for Fox. The pressure would be on Fox to deliver the ratings then.

Pressure on Fox or FS1? I wouldn't say pressure is on Fox, if people want to watch the game they know where to find it. Maybe some pressure on FS1, but mostly the pressure is on MLB. Ratings have been in decline for a while and now on the NL side at least they have a seemingly perfect scenario.

Final NL teams:

Cubs
Dodgers
Nats
Mets/Giants

Yeah that's awesome for FS1. I dislike the Mets (Braves fan), but want them to win the wild card game. Would be nice having 3 of 4 teams in Big East cities (New York, DC, Chicago). As Big East fans we couldn't ask for anything more than this. Maybe Fox will start playing some Big East ads during the World Series (I know they do a lot during NFL later in the season)?
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby MUPanther » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:09 pm

FS1 is getting the better end with the Cubs and the NL, but too bad last year FS1 didn't have the Red Sox like TBS will have. Plus, I heard every NLCS will be on FS1.
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Last years NL playoffs got record ratings for Turner with pretty close to the same teams- especially if New York beats San Francisco. Washington would be in, St Louis out. Looking- DC is #7 market, St Louis #21 market. So, no MLB ratings haven't been in decline. That's why pressure is on Fox/FS1 big time. The NL has pretty close to the perfect set up for great ratings- if the Mets win. Would have markets 1,2,3,7. If FS1/Fox can't deliver with that collection of teams, when could they ever deliver the ratings?

And yes, the AL will have Boston, so that will be better than last year. But still could have Toronto.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:41 pm

1 thing that Fox may get really lucky with is the debates....

for the LDS- there's a debate scheduled for next Sunday. That is the travel day for the NLDS. So lucky there.

For the LCS- there's the final debate scheduled for Oct 19. That day is game 4 of the NLCS and game 5 of the ALCS. I think game 5 normally would take precedence in having the night game, so that would be great for Fox. But if there was a sweep, game 4 of the NLCS would then normally go that night. But given the situation, they may keep it as an afternoon game.

So looks like Fox may catch a pretty big break with this.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Wow, FS1 gets the better end of Friday's 4 LDS games. TBS has two game 2 in the day, while FS1 starts at 5:30 et with LA at Washington, followed by Giants/Mets at Cubs.

Saturday it's Texas vs #25 Oklahoma, LAD at Washington, UFC and Arizona at #24 Utah on Super Saturday on FS1.
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:03 pm

stever20 wrote:- especially if New York beats San Francisco. Washington would be in, St Louis out. Looking- DC is #7 market, St Louis #21 market. So, no MLB ratings haven't been decline. That's why pressure is on Fox/FS1 big time. The NL has pretty close to the perfect set up for great ratings- if the Mets win. Would have markets 1,2,3,7. If FS1/Fox can't deliver with that collection of teams, when could they ever deliver the ratings?

Don't know were you get that MLB national ratings are not in a decline. FOX was down and ESPN was the worst in 10 years. That being said FS1 will deliver with NL line up of teams.
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:40 pm

MUPanther wrote:
stever20 wrote:- especially if New York beats San Francisco. Washington would be in, St Louis out. Looking- DC is #7 market, St Louis #21 market. So, no MLB ratings haven't been decline. That's why pressure is on Fox/FS1 big time. The NL has pretty close to the perfect set up for great ratings- if the Mets win. Would have markets 1,2,3,7. If FS1/Fox can't deliver with that collection of teams, when could they ever deliver the ratings?

Don't know were you get that MLB national ratings are not in a decline. FOX was down and ESPN was the worst in 10 years. That being said FS1 will deliver with NL line up of teams.

Maybe regular season down, but postseason- last year Turner had record highs for them in the playoffs.

Like I said on the other board- I really think a big mistake having the UFC on Saturday. Like it or not, it is a big negative for some folks. They see UFC and they'll switch the channel immediately.

I really think for FS1 to grow- the best thing that could happen would be for it to lose the UFC.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board