Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Xudash » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Omahanian wrote:
Omahanian wrote:
Xudash wrote:
Can this be done on any version of A TV or does it require having a newer or the newest model of it (I have an older model)?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

I was on the newest version. When I get home in about an hour I will check an older version of Apple TV that I have and let you know.

I checked the older Apple TV. It doesn't have Fox Sports Go. At least not yet. I did see several new channels so maybe Fox Sports Go could still be coming. While I like PlayStation Vue better, I believe a 3-month subscription to SlingTV gets you a pretty steep discount on the new Apple TV.

Thanks.

Perhaps this is Apple's way of forcing upgrades.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:10 pm

looks like the MLB playoffs will have almost the best possible teams for Fox...
Cubs obviously
Nationals
Dodgers
as division champs

wild card teams right now are Giants/Cardinals. Mets are lurking somehow(I have no clue how) only 2 games back.

A Cubs/Cardinals, Nationals/Dodgers LDS round would be just perfect for FS1.

for Turner- not so much...
Texas
Cleveland
Toronto
as division champs

wild card teams right now Boston/Detroit-Baltimore(tied).

Turner is praying Boston gets in as a LDS setup with Detroit-Baltimore/Texas and Toronto/Cleveland would be just about the worst case scenario for Turner.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:10 pm

FOX Sports Go is now available on Google Cast/Chromecast!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:56 pm

I am cutting the cord this month and am going to use my dad's cable credentials for FSGO. I will miss dvr etc. But I couldn't justify the 50 dollars a month for cable.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby MUPanther » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Wow, $50 dollars a month. Sign me up! I pay $140.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:27 pm

MUPanther wrote:Wow, $50 dollars a month. Sign me up! I pay $140.

I was paying over 150 a month for internet, phone and tv. We never used the home phone and only used cable for Disney Jr. and FS1/ESPN. We should be down to about $60 bucks a month doing internet only at 50mbs. Using my parent's credentials for WatchESPN and FSGO plus an antenna for broadcast channels. It was pretty much a no-brainer. Only thing that will bug me is the time delay on the sports. I know its only a few seconds (up to 30 at the worst). But I love to follow twitter while the game is going on and it is pretty easy to get spoiled.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:53 pm

I just wonder if we're eventually going to find the cable systems cracking down on folks using other peoples credentials. You would think they would do just that.

The other thing that I think we're going to find is the internet companies(a lot of which are the cable companies) eventually putting data limits on the internet usage for those folks who are internet only.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:45 pm

stever20 wrote:I just wonder if we're eventually going to find the cable systems cracking down on folks using other peoples credentials. You would think they would do just that.

The other thing that I think we're going to find is the internet companies(a lot of which are the cable companies) eventually putting data limits on the internet usage for those folks who are internet only.

Yeah, the media companies are always gonna try to find a way to get that money either way. As more and more people dump cable, they will eventually increase their prices for people who need higher bandwidth to support the streaming the customers will be doing....
Jet915

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:45 pm

stever20 wrote:I just wonder if we're eventually going to find the cable systems cracking down on folks using other peoples credentials. You would think they would do just that.

Most ISP's are more afraid of government regulation than they are over cord cutters. They will tread lightly with data caps etc.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:43 pm

DudeAnon wrote:

Most ISP's are more afraid of government regulation than they are over cord cutters. They will tread lightly with data caps etc.

I think the data cap issue will be seen more and more. I just don't think the bandwidth thing will be as carte blanche as it is right now.

And I think as well, we're going to see them also like I said cracking down on using other folks credentials. Cable companies aren't going to take all of this lying down.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board