Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:20 pm

stever20 wrote:it's funny- it seems so backwards- having more of the better games on Big Fox- you would think that would hurt FS1- but I think in some ways it helps. Because if a person is watching a Big East game on Big Fox- they're seeing ads for the Tuesday night Big East game on FS1 as well- featuring one of the teams they're watching today on Saturday.
Yep, something that might have helped with FS1's Copa coverage.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FenwayFriar » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:04 pm

FS1 has chosen its partner for Skip Bayless on his new show: Shannon Sharpe. To me, this has the potential to be the worst sports show of all time. Have no respect for either of them really, but especially Sharpe. One of the biggest Twitter trolls out there. Does FS1 really think people are going to watch Sharpe ramble on about NBA, MLB, NHL, college bball, etc.? Why would I care about his opinion in sports he has no idea bout? Haven't they learned from their original Fox Sports Live debacle? To me this is a horrible decision.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/source-shannon-sharpe-to-join-skip-bayless-on-new-fox-show.html
FenwayFriar

Postby MUPanther » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:05 pm

I'm a big fan of Speak for Yourself at 5pm ET with Cowherd and Whitlock on FS1.
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:28 pm

MUPanther wrote:I'm a big fan of Speak for Yourself at 5pm ET with Cowherd and Whitlock on FS1.

I think it's a good show as well although 1 hour is kinda long...
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Foster Farm Bowl, Big Ten vs Pac-12 coming to FOX on Dec. 28th

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/late ... farms-bowl
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:23 am

UFC 200 prelims averaged 1.8 million viewers.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:40 am

Jet915 wrote:UFC 200 prelims averaged 1.8 million viewers.

UFC 200 PRELIMS on @FS1 had peaked viewership of 2,046,000 from 9:45 PM ET - 10:00 PM ET.

MLB game on FS1(NYY-Cle) had 901K as well that day.
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:56 am

well at the all star break- Fox looks like they're going to have a decent NL playoffs this year.... Not quite as great as last year for Turner where they had New York, LA, Chicago, and St Louis- but still quite possible to have Chicago and New York or LA involved. And Washington/San Francisco. But the Marlins/Cards/Pirates are lurking to possibly knock out New York and Los Angeles. And the Cubs are really struggling(to me, that would be the ko blow)

Turner not looking at a great bunch either.... Baltimore/Cleveland/Texas for division champs- and WC right now would be between Boston/Toronto. A Toronto win and you have a group maybe even worse than what fox had last year....
stever20

Postby Chalmers0 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:00 am

Chalmers0

Postby NJRedman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:34 am

stever20 wrote:well at the all star break- Fox looks like they're going to have a decent NL playoffs this year.... Not quite as great as last year for Turner where they had New York, LA, Chicago, and St Louis- but still quite possible to have Chicago and New York or LA involved. And Washington/San Francisco. But the Marlins/Cards/Pirates are lurking to possibly knock out New York and Los Angeles. And the Cubs are really struggling(to me, that would be the ko blow)

Turner not looking at a great bunch either.... Baltimore/Cleveland/Texas for division champs- and WC right now would be between Boston/Toronto. A Toronto win and you have a group maybe even worse than what fox had last year....

Only you think this is an actual important thing. It's the playoffs. People are going to watch and the ad spaces are sold long before the season is over and the field is set. It doesn't matter if Miami gets the lest WC spot over NY. The ratings don't matter because they will still be higher than any scripted show that night. They might be lower than previous years but still very high.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board