Conference Realignment Thread v. 2016

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference realignment thread v. 2016

Postby DudeAnon » Mon May 09, 2016 1:15 pm

"The problem with Cincinnati is ... then they start getting all this money. Then what do we do? We build up somebody we don't want to build up."

What does that even mean?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon May 09, 2016 1:56 pm

DudeAnon wrote:"The problem with Cincinnati is ... then they start getting all this money. Then what do we do? We build up somebody we don't want to build up."

a) that Okie's Board of Regents don't like Cincinnati nor the other currently available teams.

b) that Okie's BOR would rather wait and hope the B1G/SEC raid the ACC and then the Big12 could scoop up some of the "7 leftover ACC schools" that Bill Marsh thinks "nobody wants".

c) the Okie BOR would rather merge with the PAC12.

:o
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Xudash » Mon May 09, 2016 2:04 pm

In the immortal words of Keith Jackson - - ""Whoa, Nellie!"

I wonder how the UC people feel right about now.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Xudash wrote:I wonder how the UC people feel right about now.

And this goes for the Shocker Football hopes as well:

Rejected, thrown Away
Affected, I don't know what to say
Ejected, cast out to the sea
Disconnected, they didn't want me

Unprotected, like a baby in the snow
Dejected, like a clown without a show
I objected, pretended I was unaffected
But still ended up rejected

Like a cake shop without any cakes
Like a corn flakes box without any flakes
Left all alone in the world
Like a little orphan girl, whose been neglected

Feel like I'm cut into two, or bisected
Slung, flung, tossed, threw
Or trajected
Treated as though I was infected
Disrespected

And rejected
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby BEwannabe » Tue May 10, 2016 8:31 am

with thinking like that the Big12 is destined for more of the same wandering around in nowhere land. The B1G didn't shy away from new markets & opportunity because they might build up something in Nebraska, New Jersey and Maryland they might sometime in the future regret. They expanded their sphere of influence by going into new markets. The University of Cincinnati is a great school and Cincinnati would be a great market for the Big12. Fear of competition is baffling to me in today's world especially coming from supposedly enlightened minds. So the Big12 took West hillbilly Virgina but won't take a chance on Cincinnati because obviously someone fears what they might build? Very interesting position.
BEwannabe

Postby Edrick » Tue May 10, 2016 8:53 am

BEwannabe wrote: So the Big12 took West hillbilly Virgina but won't take a chance on Cincinnati because obviously someone fears what they might build? Very interesting position.

Going to go ahead and just say that is certainly BS.
Edrick

Postby BEwannabe » Tue May 10, 2016 11:27 am

it would be bad enough if someone leaked minutes where this was discussed but to air it publicly is admitting we're not all that great so we can't possibly extend an invitation to an institution that might have a chance to succeed. Cincinnati is a great football town and I think would be a great get for ACC or Big12 because it's a venture into Buckeye country. The exact reason propels the B1G to expand to big markets and we're led to believe they would love to have conference affiliates south of the Mason Dixon line. And if the Big12 to think remnants of an ACC raid would be better options than UC and Cincinnati then they're just way off base.
BEwannabe

Postby novahoops11 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:34 am

CONFERENCE OF AMERICANS 4 LIFE!!

novahoops11

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue May 10, 2016 9:30 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:"The problem with Cincinnati is ... then they start getting all this money. Then what do we do? We build up somebody we don't want to build up."

a) that Okie's Board of Regents don't like Cincinnati nor the other currently available teams.

b) that Okie's BOR would rather wait and hope the B1G/SEC raid the ACC and then the Big12 could scoop up some of the "7 leftover ACC schools" that Bill Marsh thinks "nobody wants".

c) the Okie BOR would rather merge with the PAC12.

:o

Hi. :D
Bill Marsh

Postby FenwayFriar » Tue May 10, 2016 11:41 pm

According to ESPN, Houston, Memphis, UCF and Colorado State have been lobbying members of the Big 12's composition committee.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15502359/documents-show-big-12-flirting-houston-memphis-ucf-colorado-state-expansion
FenwayFriar

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board