OT Question for some Xavier people

Postby sheg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi all,

I've got a couple of simple questions that can hopefully be answered by some Xavier people, preferably more recent grads.

I'm in the restaurant business, more specifically a restaurant that does a lot of delivery sales. We're looking at a location that will include XU's campus as part of its delivery zone.

What percentage of upperclass students live off campus? What is the percentage of on campus/off campus residents overall (I can't find a reliable stat with the Google machine)? Even anecdotal guesses are appreciated.

What area do the off campus students live in? I know about University Station, and I'm not counting the ones that commute to campus. I'm talking about the ones that live off campus, but close enough to walk. I know there's some sketchy neighborhoods if you get too far! Are the neighborhoods just south of campus (across Dana but north of I-71) decent?

How often are you using your X Cash payment card for off-campus merchants?

We're trying to figure out delivery areas, specifically where we need to deliver later into the night to include XU students off campus without subjecting the delivery people to the super ghetto areas late at night.

Thanks for taking a minute to read and answer if you know. And no, I won't tell you the name. I don't want to get blacklisted by students just because I'm a UD fan :D plus we're not 100% decided on the next location yet.
sheg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: OT Question for some Xavier people

Postby BEX » Fri May 06, 2016 10:17 pm

I would start with Xavier.edu, a wealth of info on everything about the apts., dorms, restaurants, maps, parking, everything! X has students from 48 states and 49 countries. The XU Police are very efficient and patrol city streets outside of campus under a joint agreement with the City and Norwood. Very little Campus popo needs. 98% beer/pot related. My guess is about half the students are from out of town and many live in the surrounding neighborhoods in rented houses and apts. XUHoops.com would be the place to ask for all this additional info. Just don't tell 'em you're a UD fan.
BEX

Postby bmorex » Sat May 07, 2016 11:31 am

So I graduated from X in 2014 and my brother is graduating next week.

For the numbers of % of upperclass living off campus or stats of on-campus vs. off-campus, I would just call the Office of Res Life, which should be able to provide you a better estimate. Anecdotally, I would say over half of the upperclassmen live off-campus.

Technically, University Station is considered off-campus so I would keep that in mind. I would think that most of the off-campus students live in three specific areas around XU: East of Montgomery Rd. from Williams Ave to Cleneay Ave., west of Montgomery Rd. from Hopkins Ave. to Ivanhoe Ave. and also to the west of campus on Dana Ave.

Hope that helps. PM me if you have any other questions, would be happy to help.
bmorex

Postby sheg » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Thank you both. Something could be in the planning stages by this summer. I'll buy you both dinner when we open.
sheg

Return to Off Topic