Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Wednesday Hoops on FS1
SETON HALL/BUTLER 8:30 PM 10:42 PM 142

OREGON ST/USC 11:01 PM 1:00 AM 65
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Also great to see FS1 is giving the Pac-12 great coverage.

Three Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Tournament contests are televised on FS1, beginning with the final quarterfinal matchup on Thursday, March 10 (11:30 PM ET) and continuing with Friday’s second semifinal (11:30 PM ET) and Saturday’s championship (10:00 PM ET). Joe Davis and Sean Elliott call Pac-12 Tournament games on FS1, while studio host Kevin Burkhardt and analyst Casey Jacobsen are on-site at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas for pregame, halftime and postgame analysis.
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:48 pm

RetireFiftyTu wrote:Don't want to start a new thread so I'll just post this here.
FOX's coverage plan for the Big East Tournament: https://t.co/lbU2pwnJTF
Quick summary: Almost identical coverage as last year except Jim Jackson calls the Thursday afternoon quarterfinals with Justin Kutcher instead of Donny Marshall. Gus and Bill have the first round on Wednesday and the night quarterfinals on Thursday. Raft leaves to call the Big Ten Tournament so Jim Jackson pairs with Gus for the semifinals and final. Molly McGrath is the sideline reporter for all 9 games. Rob Stone, Steve Lavin, and Donny Marshall are onsite at MSG from Wednesday-Saturday for live pregame, halftime, and postgame coverage of all 9 games.

Tarik Turner did the quarterfinal in the day last year, not Donny Marshall.
MUPanther

Postby RetireFiftyTu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:45 pm

MUPanther wrote:
RetireFiftyTu wrote:Don't want to start a new thread so I'll just post this here.
FOX's coverage plan for the Big East Tournament: https://t.co/lbU2pwnJTF
Quick summary: Almost identical coverage as last year except Jim Jackson calls the Thursday afternoon quarterfinals with Justin Kutcher instead of Donny Marshall. Gus and Bill have the first round on Wednesday and the night quarterfinals on Thursday. Raft leaves to call the Big Ten Tournament so Jim Jackson pairs with Gus for the semifinals and final. Molly McGrath is the sideline reporter for all 9 games. Rob Stone, Steve Lavin, and Donny Marshall are onsite at MSG from Wednesday-Saturday for live pregame, halftime, and postgame coverage of all 9 games.

Tarik Turner did the quarterfinal in the day last year, not Donny Marshall.

Unless I'm reading this wrong I think Marshall called the afternoon quarterfinals, and Turner was part of the on-sight studio team. Last year's release for the Big East Tournament: http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/latestnews/2015/03/05/four-conference-championspunchncaaticketsonfoxsports1
Xavier
RetireFiftyTu

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Just curious, but seeing as we have quite a bit of data. Has anyone noticed any trends with viewership? So far it seems that the better the teams the better the ratings. The only team somewhat impervious to that trend seems to be Marquette who posts decent ratings regardless.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby MUPanther » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am

My mistake, Tarik Turner was in 2014.
MUPanther

Postby whiteandblue77 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:23 am

Hey MU panther, I appreciate this thread but is there any way to make an "Annotated Fox Sports 1 update" that explains what the hell any of those numbers actually mean, I don't understand them and have no intention of understanding them, as I really hate the television industry.

BTW, I have stever turned off so I would also ask not to quote him so I don't see his biased anti-Big East and anti-Fox Sports 1 posts on this thread.

THANKS!
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:37 am

I'm sorry I don't think FS1 is all that. I thought it had promise-but it's now nothing but a poor man's version of ESPN. A real poor man's version. I mean just look at late night. ESPN came up with the Sportscenter with SVP. FS1 bastardized their Fox Sports Live into something that is now closer to the Best Damn Sports Show on TV instead of anything close to a sports show. I think ESPN did a few things early on with FS1 that really hurt FS1. Olbermann for one. I thought that was a BRILLIANT move by ESPN. Also them reupping the NBA and not letting Fox even bid on it was brilliance.

Also what you are saying asking folks to not quote me. That's what's wrong with America today. Folks don't want to hear any view other than what they believe in. It's pathetic. I might not agree with Gumby, Westbrook, Billyjack, Jet, etc., but I sure as hell respect their opinions and want to hear what they have to say. AT the end of the day, this is sports. It isn't life or death.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:51 am

Fact is, Big East ratings are up this year (especially league play), we have way more exposure this year due to increased FOX national broadcasts along with CBS and our ratings are better than the PAC-12.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:56 am

whiteandblue77 wrote:Hey MU panther, I appreciate this thread but is there any way to make an "Annotated Fox Sports 1 update" that explains what the hell any of those numbers actually mean, I don't understand them and have no intention of understanding them, as I really hate the television industry.

THANKS!

Well, as of early January, the Big East was up 7% in ratings compared to last year.
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board