Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby NovaBall » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:38 pm

I haven't really followed stever's posts about how fox is getting screwed on football games as I don't follow college football. But during the nova broadcast I heard advertisements for fox having the biggest game of the weekend (Baylor v Oklahoma)

Looks like Stever is wrong again
NovaBall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:16 pm

stever20 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:Iowa/Marquette 210k
Rutgers/St.John's 104k

Those are actually pretty good.

yeah, especially the Marquette one.

Rut/STJ was up against an AAC football game on ESPN.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL ESPN EAST CAROLINA/CENTRAL FLORIDA 7:26 PM 10:56 PM 669K.
HoosierPal

Postby adoraz » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:53 pm

I'd say despite FS1 getting unlucky this year with Gavitt games it was overall a big success for the Big East. It's an 8 year contract and FS1 will get better games next year. This is why I don't freak out when, for example, FS1 got the AL games rather than the more desirable NL games in this year's MLB playoffs. Generally AL is more desirable with the Red Sox/Yankees and they simply got unlucky this year.

These are long contracts and sometimes you win sometimes you don't. What is to take away is that they are LONG TERM. FS1 and Big East clearly moving in the right direction and overall ratings look to be higher so far this year. Over 100K for a SJU/Rutgers game in November is very impressive.

Big East playing well and ratings look good.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Xudash » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:48 pm

adoraz wrote:I'd say despite FS1 getting unlucky this year with Gavitt games it was overall a big success for the Big East. It's an 8 year contract and FS1 will get better games next year. This is why I don't freak out when, for example, FS1 got the AL games rather than the more desirable NL games in this year's MLB playoffs. Generally AL is more desirable with the Red Sox/Yankees and they simply got unlucky this year.

These are long contracts and sometimes you win sometimes you don't. What is to take away is that they are LONG TERM. FS1 and Big East clearly moving in the right direction and overall ratings look to be higher so far this year. Over 100K for a SJU/Rutgers game in November is very impressive.

Welcome back. And stick around!
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby adoraz » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:38 pm

Xudash wrote:
adoraz wrote:I'd say despite FS1 getting unlucky this year with Gavitt games it was overall a big success for the Big East. It's an 8 year contract and FS1 will get better games next year. This is why I don't freak out when, for example, FS1 got the AL games rather than the more desirable NL games in this year's MLB playoffs. Generally AL is more desirable with the Red Sox/Yankees and they simply got unlucky this year.

Welcome back. And stick around!

Thanks, will do. :)
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby NovaBall » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:32 pm

These coach halftime interviews with Bill raferty are fantastic.

Thanks again to fox sports for such high quality production. We certainly have one of the better media partnerships in the entire country. Not sure I would trade with anyone. Fox is the best.
NovaBall

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Jet915

Postby FormulaX » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Thanks!

Year 3: FS1 is ahead of schedule.
FormulaX

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:24 pm

Monday's Big East ratings
NJIT/Providence 58k
NKY/Xavier 29k
LSU/MU 493k
St. John's/Vandy 203k
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby NovaBall » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:40 am

I watched the PC v njit game in fix go. It was good enough for interweb stream. Better than eson3 production (real announcers, better pixel resolution, less lag time). They need to make it available for archive viewing though.
NovaBall

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board