Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:29 pm

MUPanther wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:
MUPanther wrote:COLL BSKTBL: BIG EAST L FS1 MISSOURI/XAVIER 6:30 PM 8:44 PM 75K
COLL BSKTBL: BIG EAST L FS1 NEBRASKA/VILLANOVA 8:44 PM 10:43 PM 163K

I was hoping Neb/Nova would get over 100K :)
I wish during the Gavitt Game promos, when they showed the time of that game, that FOX would have listed Missouri/Xavier game on that screen shot.

It's too bad the GT-MD game wasn't on FS1.

Yep.
COLLEGE BKBL REG SSN L ESPN2 GEORGETOWN/MARYLAND 9:36 PM 11:16 PM 586k

And that was probably a fraction of the Duke and Kansas games right? I've always wondered where people get these rating number when they post them here.
ArmyVet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:30 pm

The Georgetown rating is pretty amazing considering:
COLLEGE BKBL REG SSN L ESPN KENTUCKY/DUKE 7:30 PM 9:42 PM 3.120m
CFP RANKINGS SHOW L ESPN 9:42 PM 10:12 PM 3.033m 1.3
COLLEGE BKBL REG SSN L ESPN KANSAS/MICHIGAN STATE 10:12 PM 12:26 AM 1.859m
stever20

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 pm

One thing I heard last night in the game which I thought I had heard opposite was that next years Maryland @ Georgetown game might not be part of the Gavitt games.
stever20

Postby anXUfan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Yeah I still think it would suck to be in the AAC.
anXUfan

Postby TBC Alum » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 pm

anXUfan wrote:Yeah I still think it would suck to be in the AAC.

Agreed. But at least it would be a low-def internet only feed with crappy announcers with a few hundred fans in the seats. :D
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby Bluejay » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:21 pm

anXUfan wrote:Yeah I still think it would suck to be in the AAC.

Not if you are a fan trying to buy tickets. Seems like there are plenty available for every home game - really good seats too!
Bluejay

Postby NovaBall » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Another great day of Big East basketball being broadcast into my living room with first rate production quality.

Thanks again to Fox Sports for delivering to me the desired content which I would like to view. I really appreciate it.
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:44 pm

NovaBall wrote:Another great day of Big East basketball being broadcast into my living room with first rate production quality.

Thanks again to Fox Sports for delivering to me the desired content which I would like to view. I really appreciate it.

Except that if you're just watching FS1, you are missing the best game of the Night(Creighton/Indiana), and quite possibly the 2nd best game of the night(Seton Hall/Long Beach St). But you get to watch what I've seen called the matchup of the 2 worst major college teams in the country.
stever20

Postby billyjack » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:15 pm

stever20 wrote:
NovaBall wrote:Another great day of Big East basketball being broadcast into my living room with first rate production quality.

Except that if you're just watching FS1, you are missing the best game of the Night(Creighton/Indiana), and quite possibly the 2nd best game of the night(Seton Hall/Long Beach St). But you get to watch what I've seen called the matchup of the 2 worst major college teams in the country.

So you've been in all-out Big East attack mode recently, abandoning your concern-troll angle, and not even hiding your dislike of the Big East. I actually like it much better this way. It's more honest, and I think you'll get a better response in general.

Also, there have been a couple of things that I agreed with you on over the past week. One was the Ronda Rousey thing over on the other board, where her aura of invincibility is completely lost and it can't be reclaimed... it's a pain for me to log in over there from my phone so I couldn't add my comment. I forgot what the other thing was.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:20 pm

billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:

So you've been in all-out Big East attack mode recently, abandoning your concern-troll angle, and not even hiding your dislike of the Big East. I actually like it much better this way. It's more honest, and I think you'll get a better response in general.

Also, there have been a couple of things that I agreed with you on over the past week. One was the Ronda Rousey thing over on the other board, where her aura of invincibility is completely lost and it can't be reclaimed... it's a pain for me to log in over there from my phone so I couldn't add my comment. I forgot what the other thing was.

I don't know how any one could argue the point about Rousey. Once you get taken behind the woodshed like she did, that's gone. Rousey had several of the girls beaten days before the fight began.... That's gone now though.

Was the other thing something with the tempo/new rules? Just curious.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board