Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:53 am

NovaBall wrote:CBSSN college basketball coverage is great. I think that is coup for the Atlantic 10. No money, but much better exposure than what the AAC is getting from ESPN for equally low money.

If I see Saint Joseph's (PA) is playing on CBSSN, I usually watch. And their recap show is one of the better ones. The ESPN gameday show is unwatchable at this point. Not enough substance to be worth listening to all the blow hards touring their political agenda.

Oh, and of the 14 games for the A10 on ESPN, 5 of those are on ESPNU. So to recap
A10- CBSSN, ESPN, ESPN2- total of 36 games
AAC- CBSSN, CBS, ESPN, ESPN2- total of 41 games

you add in ESPNU
A10- total of 41 games
AAC- total of 67 games

Yeah it's not even close.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NovaBall » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:18 am

What a night on fox sports 1.

I know, bunch of morons scheduling these games while Duke was playing Kentucky. But for little old me I really enjoyed the games and was happy I had the option to view them instead if interweb streaming them on espn8.
NovaBall

Postby NovaBall » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:34 am

Seriously though, Gus and bill from the main line for villaniva against some garbage Midwest team on a Tuesday night in November? Since when does this happen???

Oh, I know... Since we ditched ESPN and went to greener pastures.

So much better now than before. Thank you fox sports!!
NovaBall

Postby Bluejay » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:11 am

stever20 wrote:
NovaBall wrote:CBSSN college basketball coverage is great. I think that is coup for the Atlantic 10. No money, but much better exposure than what the AAC is getting from ESPN for equally low money.

If I see Saint Joseph's (PA) is playing on CBSSN, I usually watch. And their recap show is one of the better ones. The ESPN gameday show is unwatchable at this point. Not enough substance to be worth listening to all the blow hards touring their political agenda.

You just showed how much of a moron you are.
A10:CBS Sports Network will carry 27 games, including 17 conference contests, eight non-conference games and the two championship semifinals.ESPN will air a total of 14 regular season games on its family of networks.
AAC: Fifteen conference games will be carried either on ESPN or ESPN2, many as part of ESPN's Thursday Night Showcase series. Twenty-six more will be seen on ESPNU, with 24 scheduled for ESPNEWS. CBS Sports will televise one conference game – SMU at Cincinnati on March 6 – while CBS Sports Network will carry 25.

So A10 has 41 games on CBSSN and ESPN combined. AAC has 41 on ESPN/ESPN2/CBS/CBSSN. How in the hell is that much better exposure? I think I'd rather have the 50 games on ESPNU/News than the 33 games on NBCSN. Also the AAC number doesn't include 5 conference controlled games on ESPN/ESPN2 OOC, along with 2 conference controlled games on CBS.

So, how in the hell outside your bizarre hatred for the AAC is the A10's package better exposure than what the AAC has?

LOL! Nothing brings out the fire in stever like saying a mid major conference has a better TV deal than the AAC!

I still don't understand why this troll hasn't been banned.
Bluejay

Postby Dew » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:25 am

I pray Steven never gets banned. I don't think he's trolling. I'm pretty sure he's 100% confident in his belief.

Dew

Postby marquette » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 am

stever20 wrote:

A10:CBS Sports Network will carry 27 games, including 17 conference contests, eight non-conference games and the two championship semifinals.ESPN will air a total of 14 regular season games on its family of networks.
AAC: Fifteen conference games will be carried either on ESPN or ESPN2, many as part of ESPN's Thursday Night Showcase series. Twenty-six more will be seen on ESPNU, with 24 scheduled for ESPNEWS. CBS Sports will televise one conference game – SMU at Cincinnati on March 6 – while CBS Sports Network will carry 25.

So A10 has 41 games on CBSSN and ESPN combined. AAC has 41 on ESPN/ESPN2/CBS/CBSSN. How in the hell is that much better exposure? I think I'd rather have the 50 games on ESPNU/News than the 33 games on NBCSN. Also the AAC number doesn't include 5 conference controlled games on ESPN/ESPN2 OOC, along with 2 conference controlled games on CBS.

So, how in the hell outside your bizarre hatred for the AAC is the A10's package better exposure than what the AAC has?

Where's robinreed when you need him? Care to call out stever on his name-calling and aggressive post? Or is that just reserved for me?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:25 am

marquette wrote:
stever20 wrote:

Where's robinreed when you need him? Care to call out stever on his name-calling and aggressive post? Or is that just reserved for me?

It's Wednesday. RR is getting his nails done.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby NJRedman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:30 am

Dew wrote:I pray Steven never gets banned. I don't think he's trolling. I'm pretty sure he's 100% confident in his belief.

A few things I have learned over the years dealing with Stever.

1. He is NOT a dayton troll. He's been around way before the C7 broke off and invited some A-10 schools along for the ride.

2. He totally and utterly believes everything he says and when presented with facts that prove him wrong he just moves the goal posts to suit his needs. He will admit to being wrong on small stuff in some attempt to act like he isn't insane, but after a while it's easy to see through the ruse.

3. He claims GTown fandom but did not attend that school nor any other BE school.
NJRedman

Postby NovaBall » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:40 am

Stever, you are a moron. The Atlantic 10 is in much better shape than the conference of community college commuter schools located in American is moving forward.
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:43 am

NovaBall wrote:Stever, you are a moron. The Atlantic 10 is in much better shape than the conference of community college commuter schools located in American is moving forward.

Thought you said the A10 gets better exposure than the AAC? Sorry but you are WRONG!!!!! 67-41. Might want to I don't know, actually know your facts before you talk.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board