Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:35 pm

HISTORIC @NHRA on @FOXSports television package revealed; 4 LIVE events on broadcast TV, including #USNationals http://foxs.pt/1kD5MXb
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NovaBall » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:48 pm

something I think is funny about the whole stever hearting ESPN obsession is that I rarely watch ESPN these days. And not because I am trying to avoid ESPN, but they just don't have the content I am looking for.

In the summer I mainly watch MLS soccer. ESPN has the occasional game, but so does FS1, and I usually just stream because I have the MLS Live package. In the spring I watch FS1 because they carry the UEFA league. I watch NFL, but that is CBS and Fox on Sundays for the most part. I don't watch any of the talking head shows on football. I watch some occasional golf, which is usually broadcast networks or golf channel, but never ESPN. I watch the rolex equestrian jumping series on NBC Sports. Horse racing which is also on NBC Sports or the Fox regional simulcasts. In the winter I am all about the Big East games so tons of FS1, but I am just as likely to watch a A10 game on CBS Sports as I am some random ACC game on ESPN2. The only baseball I watch is the playoffs, which is a lot of TBS and FS1. The only talking head show I would watch would be college basketball, and CBS and FS1 have better inside college basketball shows for my time. I never do shows like pardon the interruption or sportscenter or whatever else is out there these days.

I never watch college football, so that's a non-starter. I don't watch NBA. If you aren't into the NBA or college football then you really are no longer in the ESPN target audience. With so many more options to chose from, we aren't slaves to one network anymore. And I fully understand the money in college football and I'm not criticizing ESPN for carrying college football, but they really have thrown most of their eggs into just a couple of baskets and I personally fall outside of those baskets.
NovaBall

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:54 pm

I do like alot of the shows and college games on CBSSN.
MUPanther

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:04 pm

MUPanther wrote:I do like alot of the shows and college games on CBSSN.

+1, their nightly cbb recap show is great
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby NovaBall » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:11 pm

CBSSN college basketball coverage is great. I think that is coup for the Atlantic 10. No money, but much better exposure than what the AAC is getting from ESPN for equally low money.

If I see Saint Joseph's (PA) is playing on CBSSN, I usually watch. And their recap show is one of the better ones. The ESPN gameday show is unwatchable at this point. Not enough substance to be worth listening to all the blow hards touring their political agenda.
NovaBall

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:20 pm

My package doesn't have CBSSN, I might have to upgrade since a few Creighton games are on it this year...
Jet915

Postby NJRedman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:25 pm

I am a college FB fan but i have barely watched much of it this year. I watch Monday Night Football and thats really it. I'm sure i'll watch a handful of CBB games but thats really it. I've found my viewership has declined since we left as well. Not consciously, just sort of tapered off.
NJRedman

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:34 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
MUPanther wrote:I do like alot of the shows and college games on CBSSN.

+1, their nightly cbb recap show is great
I'm a huge college football fan. 12 plus hours every Saturday with my two HDTV's! I like Inside College Football on Tuesday nights. We Need To Talk is not bad as well.
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Jet915 wrote:My package doesn't have CBSSN, I might have to upgrade since a few Creighton games are on it this year...

As you are a hoops junkie my friend as I am, CBSSN is the great! Same graphics and theme music as CBS. Good tv crews.
Big East
Atlantic 10
Mountain West
MVC
MAC
American Athletic Conference
Patroit League
OVC
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:48 am

NovaBall wrote:CBSSN college basketball coverage is great. I think that is coup for the Atlantic 10. No money, but much better exposure than what the AAC is getting from ESPN for equally low money.

If I see Saint Joseph's (PA) is playing on CBSSN, I usually watch. And their recap show is one of the better ones. The ESPN gameday show is unwatchable at this point. Not enough substance to be worth listening to all the blow hards touring their political agenda.

You just showed how much of a moron you are.
A10:CBS Sports Network will carry 27 games, including 17 conference contests, eight non-conference games and the two championship semifinals.ESPN will air a total of 14 regular season games on its family of networks.
AAC: Fifteen conference games will be carried either on ESPN or ESPN2, many as part of ESPN's Thursday Night Showcase series. Twenty-six more will be seen on ESPNU, with 24 scheduled for ESPNEWS. CBS Sports will televise one conference game – SMU at Cincinnati on March 6 – while CBS Sports Network will carry 25.

So A10 has 41 games on CBSSN and ESPN combined. AAC has 41 on ESPN/ESPN2/CBS/CBSSN. How in the hell is that much better exposure? I think I'd rather have the 50 games on ESPNU/News than the 33 games on NBCSN. Also the AAC number doesn't include 5 conference controlled games on ESPN/ESPN2 OOC, along with 2 conference controlled games on CBS.

So, how in the hell outside your bizarre hatred for the AAC is the A10's package better exposure than what the AAC has?
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board