Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:35 pm

sorry, but to think the leagues can't dictate networks to some degree is just foolish. If Fox could push back, don't you think either one of the games on Big Fox would have wound up on FS1?
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:22 pm

stever20 wrote:sorry, but to think the leagues can't dictate networks to some degree is just foolish. If Fox could push back, don't you think either one of the games on Big Fox would have wound up on FS1?

Frank the Tank already explained this to you on the other board. BTW good job moving the goal post after someone already had shown that ESPN just has first pick this weekend. The Big XII signed the contract and took the money. They don't get to then dictate to their TV partners (Fox) where there games will be shown. Frank obviously went into greater detail explaining to you just how wrong you were, I don't have the time to find it and repost it for you since you clearly forgotten or ignored it.
NJRedman

Postby Hoopfan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:49 pm

NovaBall wrote:I welcome the new partners. These cupcake games really belong on fs2 anyway. As long as they provide the games somewhere and we get our share of big FOX Saturday and conference FS1 weeknight games then I am happy.

Now go adjust you rabbit ears so you can find the local dayton feed you jealous troll.

So you agree with me then. And so glad the 8 posters on this board try to run everyone with other thoughts and ideas off. Like a bunch of liberals on Here. I dont agree with your thinking do you're racist (or a troll)
Hoopfan

Postby NovaBall » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 pm

I think if the Big Ten joins up as a partner, that will cut into some of the FS1 Big East weeknight games. And that's not a bad thing. The games that are still worth airing will be aired on FS1, and the ones that are a bit more questionable will go to FS2. Seton Hall v. DePaul on Wednesday night in February, or St. John's v. UMBC, might be games better suited for FS2. And again, that's not a bad thing. Also, the Big 10 usually starts their games later than the Big East, so it could end up where we have a situation like ESPN had with Big Monday where the Big East goes first and then another conference grabs the slot two hours later.

And I think we would continue to receive a good number of Big FOX Saturday games in January and February, usually at the noon slot, and that the Big 10 would then grab the 2:30 slot. And that's a good thing.

And by cutting into FS1 games, that does not mean taking the games off the air. It just means a few more FS2 games. But we only have 10 teams and a round robin, so it's not like there will be a ton of games that make the change. Maybe 25% from what we do now.

FS1 needs more content to continue the growth of the station and the exposure of the station. We benefit by them increasing their inventory, even if that means that Marquette v. IUPUI is on FS2 instead of FS1.

But since you are a jealous Dayton fan you will try to spin that as a negative. Meanwhile us fans of the Big East will continue to enjoy watching our desired content that Fox delivers to our living rooms.
NovaBall

Postby Hoopfan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 pm

I'm glad you've resorted to your childish ways again. So im a jealous dayton troll because i agree with you that some games should be on Fs1 and Fox and some of these games should be on Fs2 or even a regional network at best? You seem like a guy/kid that was picked on all your life and now your team is better than most and you dont know how to handle it. But go on and tell me how Im a jealous dayton troll again
Hoopfan

Postby handdownmandown » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Are you a Dayton troll?
handdownmandown

Postby NovaBall » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:46 pm

You are a Dayton troll. There are only two people that complain about Fox Sports instead of ESPN, you and stever. And if I recollect you have both been outed as being Dayton trolls.

If you were Temple or Cincy or Wichita State trolls, I would call you out as such. But since it is established you are Dayton trolls, that is what you are called out as.

And my team didn't just get good, they were good when I was a kid and they won it all, they were good in the 1990's and had a bunch of top 10 teams and NBA players, they were good ten years when the Jay Wright era began to hit its stride. This is not some new thing here.
NovaBall

Postby admin » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:32 pm

handdownmandown wrote:Are you a Dayton troll?

I can confirm this. However, it should be pointed out that there are plenty of fans of non-BigEast schools who post here and add something to the discussion and I enjoy their perspective. They are welcome and I appreciate their participation. But when you join this board for the sole purpose of disparaging the league or schools, we are all better off without your commentary.
admin
Site Admin

Postby handdownmandown » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

The Dayton people don't bother me much. I wouldn't spend one second here if Creighton weren't involved but to each his own. In fact for a long time Billikenswin was one of my favorite posters on here.

I was just wondering.
handdownmandown

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:38 pm

admin wrote:
handdownmandown wrote:Are you a Dayton troll?

I can confirm this. However, it should be pointed out that there are plenty of fans of non-BigEast schools who post here and add something to the discussion and I enjoy their perspective. They are welcome and I appreciate their participation. But when you join this board for the sole purpose of disparaging the league or schools, we are all better off without your commentary.

VCU fans and SLU fans have both at times been great assets to this forum. For some reason Dayton fans are a special breed. I get it. Dayton should for all intents and purposes be a better program than Xavier. Bigger school, bigger arena, etc. But they have just been plagued with losing when it matters while X has had the opposite problem.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board