Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Jet915 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:30 pm

Can't agree more, I watched Georgetown (unfortunately), Butler, Providence, Depaul and Creighton on Fox networks today in HD :D .
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NovaBall » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:55 pm

Watching seton hall v Wagner in beautiful hd quality in my living room. Thank you fox sports.
NovaBall

Postby MUPanther » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:00 pm

I like Sims and Marshall on the boardcast of Wagner at Seton Hall.

I could only watch the first 30 minutes of Harvard at Providence, since FS WISCONSIN had the Cavs/Bucks and the overflow channel switch to the Minnesota Wild game. Sucked, that other FSN games not in my area are not on Fox Sports Go.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Hoopfan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:16 pm

NovaBall wrote:
NJRedman wrote:This is why i love our deal with Fox, and it's not just the large sum of money either. I sat in my home in LA and watched Bill Raftery and Kenny Albert call the St. John's/Wagner game on national TV. Thats a game buried on SNY if it's even aired at all 4 or more years ago. The fact I can watch these early season chump games in LA without having to buy some crazy TV package is amazing. ESPN would NEVER give us that.

Exactly. There are some haters who will sit back and laugh at the low ratings that nova v Farleigh Dickerson will receive. But as a nova fan I am amazed a game like this is even televised at all. Fox is the best!

I remember the days I grew up in northern new engkand rooting for providence. I had to order the providence journal which arrived a day late so I could follow the rick Barnes PC team of the early 1990's just to see the boxscore. The number of games actually televised were not that many. Now every one of the games are aired. Even thinking back 10-14 years ago when I lived in Boston I was only able to catch about a third of Villanova's games. Now I'm tivo'ing games against farleigndickerson. Amazing.

Fox would like to thank you and the other 28K people who tuned in this weekend for the game. :roll:

You do realize that low ratings means sooner than later Fox will bring in new "partners" who will take these time slots
Hoopfan

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Hoopfan wrote:
NovaBall wrote:
NJRedman wrote:This is why i love our deal with Fox, and it's not just the large sum of money either. I sat in my home in LA and watched Bill Raftery and Kenny Albert call the St. John's/Wagner game on national TV. Thats a game buried on SNY if it's even aired at all 4 or more years ago. The fact I can watch these early season chump games in LA without having to buy some crazy TV package is amazing. ESPN would NEVER give us that.

Exactly. There are some haters who will sit back and laugh at the low ratings that nova v Farleigh Dickerson will receive. But as a nova fan I am amazed a game like this is even televised at all. Fox is the best!

I remember the days I grew up in northern new engkand rooting for providence. I had to order the providence journal which arrived a day late so I could follow the rick Barnes PC team of the early 1990's just to see the boxscore. The number of games actually televised were not that many. Now every one of the games are aired. Even thinking back 10-14 years ago when I lived in Boston I was only able to catch about a third of Villanova's games. Now I'm tivo'ing games against farleigndickerson. Amazing.

Fox would like to thank you and the other 28K people who tuned in this weekend for the game. :roll:

You do realize that low ratings means sooner than later Fox will bring in new "partners" who will take these time slots

shoo troll, I think you need to adjust the bunny ears on your tv to pick up 10.2 for Dayton's next game.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Jet915 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Hoopfan wrote:
NovaBall wrote:

So i guess you'd rather have your team not shown at all then on national tv?
Jet915

Postby NovaBall » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:19 pm

I welcome the new partners. These cupcake games really belong on fs2 anyway. As long as they provide the games somewhere and we get our share of big FOX Saturday and conference FS1 weeknight games then I am happy.

Now go adjust you rabbit ears so you can find the local dayton feed you jealous troll.
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 pm

NovaBall wrote:I welcome the new partners. These cupcake games really belong on fs2 anyway. As long as they provide the games somewhere and we get our share of big FOX Saturday and conference FS1 weeknight games then I am happy.

Now go adjust you rabbit ears so you can find the local dayton feed you jealous troll.

The games would go most likely to regional sports networks though. which like the Marquette fan- don't always get aired everywhere- or only part of the game.

And I think you're kidding yourself if you think a new partner wouldn't impact the conference games being on FS1 or Big Fox. Probably would find more conference games on FS2(or shipped off to CBSSN), and then fewer Big Fox slots on the weekends.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:48 am

and the final shoe drops on FS1 with regards to the Big 12....

Nov 27/28 schedule out.
FS1 gets Texas Tech/Texas on Thanksgiving
Iowa St/West Virginia @ Noon(opposite Ohio St/Michigan on ABC)
Kansas St/Kansas @ 4pm(opposite Alabama/Auburn on CBS)

ESPN gets
TCU/Baylor 730 Day after Thanksgiving
Oklahoma/Oklahoma St TBA time (most likely 8pm Saturday on ABC)

so of the big 6 games- FS1 got none. Big Fox got 2. ABC has 2. ESPN got 1. 1 left between ABC and ESPN.

It's got to kill Fox folks that they got none of the games on FS1. Especially considering of the 45 conference games, there were 6 good ones.
stever20

Postby NovaBall » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:56 am

As long as we get our fair share of fs1 and big fox games, which we will continue to get, then I'm happy. I welcome any new college be partners as it will only expand the stations viewer base.

I realize the iupui v marquette and umbc v St. John's really don't belong on fs1 anyway, so I won't be disappointed when they get moved to fs2.

Meanwhile, the mere fact that nova v fdu, or seton hall v Dartmouth, or marquette v iupui or at johns v umbc are even televised is amazing. Thanks again fox sports, you guys are the best!
NovaBall

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board