Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Jet915 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:19 am

Just saw a nice Gavitt Tipoff Games commercial on FS2.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:35 am

Jet915 wrote:Just saw a nice Gavitt Tipoff Games commercial on FS2.
I saw one fast add on FOX during the Packer game and a 20 second clip on FS1 last night during the MLS playoffs.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:52 pm

well just was seeing the selections for college football..... they will announce some games today for a week from Saturday- with the others set on this Sunday...

next week Big 12 has 2 great games.....
Baylor/Oklahoma St
TCU/Oklahoma

those 2 games were put on 6 day hold. But they have a narrow channel list- either Fox, ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. Not FS1.

So of those 6 games between those 4 schools
TCU/Oklahoma St- on Fox
Baylor/Oklahoma- on ABC
Baylor/Oklahoma St- 6 day hold- but on Fox, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2.
TCU/Oklahoma- 6 day hold- but on Fox, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2.
TCU/Baylor- on ESPN
leaves only Oklahoma/Oklahoma St. Pretty safe bet that will be on Fox given TCU/Baylor is on ESPN(although Texas Tech/Texas is on FS1 on Thanksgiving, so who knows).

meanwhile- FS1 is stuck with....
this week- Kansas/TCU, Kansas St/Texas Tech
next week- Iowa St/Kansas St

FS1's schedule has gotten progressively worse in college football. Only reason ratings are up this year is the 1st game with Michigan/Utah. Very possible with these dreg games coming up that they could wind up down this year.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Kinda hard for FS1 to get a good game, if they are getting the 4th or 5th best game from the Big 12. Not breaking news there.

Dec. 5th WVU at Kansas State on FS1
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:53 pm

MUPanther wrote:Kinda hard for FS1 to get a good game, if they are getting the 4th or 5th best game from the Big 12. Not breaking news there.

Dec. 5th WVU at Kansas State on FS1

Yeah. What's interesting the deal that they originally had with the Big 12 would have been light years better for FS1. But when they redid the contract, that split that up with ESPN getting several of the games that FS1 would have gotten. So great for Big Fox, not so great for FS1.
stever20

Postby NovaBall » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Lots of promos for the nova v Nebraska game during the NFL games this weekend

When did we ever have our games promoted like that from ESPN? Haters like stever will point to negatives, but it's not all about ratings. Having your program plastered all over the commercial breaks in every bar across America during NFL ticket time is worth more than some ratings for your midweek conference game that even in the old days would probably just be an espn3 internet stream or espnu broadcast. That's the type of exposure, along with the fox weekend games, along with being treated with respect by your media partner, that makes fox so much better for our group of schools than ESPN. It's not even close at this point.

I was in some biker bar in a rural coffee farming town on an island watching the games. And ever ten minutes one of the games was showing a picture of Josh hart and the ranked villaniva Wildcats taking on Nebraska. Now I'm not going to fool myself and say that I think anyone who was at the bar with me will actually watch the game, but that type of brand promotion and recognition is like gold. Worth so much more than any random big Monday game on ESPN was ever worth. Stever of course won't understand what I am talking about and will post some nonsense, but I think most people here get it.
NovaBall

Postby stever20 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:26 pm

NovaBall wrote:Lots of promos for the nova v Nebraska game during the NFL games this weekend

When did we ever have our games promoted like that from ESPN? Haters like stever will point to negatives, but it's not all about ratings. Having your program plastered all over the commercial breaks in every bar across America during NFL ticket time is worth more than some ratings for your midweek conference game that even in the old days would probably just be an espn3 internet stream or espnu broadcast. That's the type of exposure, along with the fox weekend games, along with being treated with respect by your media partner, that makes fox so much better for our group of schools than ESPN. It's not even close at this point.

I was in some biker bar in a rural coffee farming town on an island watching the games. And ever ten minutes one of the games was showing a picture of Josh hart and the ranked villaniva Wildcats taking on Nebraska. Now I'm not going to fool myself and say that I think anyone who was at the bar with me will actually watch the game, but that type of brand promotion and recognition is like gold. Worth so much more than any random big Monday game on ESPN was ever worth. Stever of course won't understand what I am talking about and will post some nonsense, but I think most people here get it.

1st off- the last Big East contract was absolute Garbage. The AAC contract NOW is better than what the old Big East TV contract was. Oh, and sorry but being on ESPNu is better than being relegated to regional sports networks that folks may or may not get. And just stop with the games never got promoted on ESPN. They sure as hell did.

I'm sorry- but Big Monday was huge for ESPN. It flipping made the Big East for gosh sakes. Well between that and all the CBS games that we got all the time. You can act like ESPN had no part in making the Big East what the Big East was- but you are a moron if you truly believe that.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:26 pm

11-7-15 Saturday on FS1
UFC FS1 BELFORT/HENDERSON 3 10:00 PM 12:56 AM 757K
COLL FOOTBALL: BIG 12 FS1 TEXAS TECH/WEST VIRGINIA 12:00 PM 3:30 PM 710K
UFC FIGHT NIGHT PRELIM L FS1 BELFORT/HENDERSON 3 8:00 PM 10:00 PM 609K
COLL FOOTBALL: PAC 12 L FS1 ARIZONA ST/WASHINGTON ST 3:30 PM 7:16 PM 384K
BUNDESLIGA L FS1 BAYERN MUNICH/STUTTGART 9:27 AM 11:30 AM 61k
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Sunday MLS playoffs:
ESPN:
Columbus/Montreal: 259K
NY Red Bulls/DC United: 242K

FS1:
Whitecaps/Timbers: 221K
Dallas/Sounders: 339K
MUPanther

Postby NovaBall » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Is stever posting? I bet he called me a moron for not hearting ESPN enough.

We are in such a better place now. Our media rights deal is one of the top in the nation.
NovaBall

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board