Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:27 pm

MUPanther wrote:
stever20 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:The FOX networks don't want baseball. It overruns local news and other programming. MLB didn't force the issue with Turner. How about FS1 getting better times for it's games. You can blame stupid MLB for that. They need to be in primetime. NBA and NHL does it for their playoffs.

MLB doesn't have to force the issue with Turner because they get good ratings.....

NBA and NHL can do it for their playoffs because they have days off in between games. baseball you can't do that. They used to have games going on at the same time- and that killed ratings.

The thing that will be interesting if FS1 continues to have awful postseason ratings if MLB renews with Fox when the contract is up.

Baseball can do days off. They need to stop with the sold-age.

TBS more often get poor ratings.

They just renewed the contract.

Swing and a miss on all three!

Baseball can't do days off. Little thing called the calendar. They're already pushing having games in November(if this years series goes 7, game 7 would be on November 5). So no, days off to split the LCS just isn't an option at all.

TBS got better ratings I think for every single game this year than any game on FS1. So much for poor ratings for TBS.

The contract is already 1/4 over now. So hardly just renewed.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Good thing it wasn't a Big Ten Network feed (Fox carries it)... ol' hoosierpal would've shat his shorts. ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Nicholas Klein (1918)
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Just saw a Big East commerical on FS2. Looks like they are starting to promote. Using the "Soul of College Hoops" slogan again.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Baseball can change the calendar. Shorten the regular season. There has been talk from going to 162 to 154. Baseball needs it's most important games, which are the playoffs in late afternoon and primetime.

Your judging TBS on this year. I'm going over the past 8 years or so, when they got some trashy ratings for their bad timeslots, just like FS1. ;)

MLB's new TV deal runs through 2021, long way off to be think about new deals.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:49 pm

MUPanther wrote:Baseball can change the calendar. Shorten the regular season. There has been talk from going to 162 to 154. Baseball needs it's most important games, which are the playoffs in late afternoon and primetime.

Your judging TBS on this year. I'm going over the past 8 years or so, when they got some trashy ratings for their bad timeslots, just like FS1. ;)

MLB's new TV deal runs through 2021, long way off to be think about new deals.

No sport is ever going to shorten it's season. Period. Way too much $$$ involved... You may hear talk, but teams aren't losing 4 home games. Just a DOA concept.

The playoff games were in the late afternoon and primetime. It's actually later now than it used to be when games were on starting at 3:07 if memory serves me correct.

AS far as TBS- they NEVER have had ratings like what FS1 has had. FS1 has had 2 of the 3 worst rated LCS EVER. Only 2007 which was a series with Arizona/Colorado breaks it up being the 2 worst ones ever. even there, that averaged 44k more per game than the LCS this year had. FS1 has now the 4 worst rated LCS games in history(out of the 9 that they've ever shown)- and 5 of the 6 worst rated ever.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:14 am

It's caused by terrible times. If their head is in the sand by terrible times from MLB and not doing games in primetime, ratings will stink for TBS and FS1 in the day, because baseball is not the sport it was.

The playoff games were not always late afternoon. You had some at noon and at 4pmET/3CT. Move that to on 5et might help.
MUPanther

Postby R Jay » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:28 am

C'mon guys, don't you realize that the playoffs would constantly be breaking records if it were on ESPN? I mean, it's ESPN. That's all I need to justify my claim.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby stever20 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:00 pm

MUPanther wrote:It's caused by terrible times. If their head is in the sand by terrible times from MLB and not doing games in primetime, ratings will stink for TBS and FS1 in the day, because baseball is not the sport it was.

The playoff games were not always late afternoon. You had some at noon and at 4pmET/3CT. Move that to on 5et might help.

They can't do all the games in prime time. Sorry- they moved games away from being at the same time because that killed ratings for both games. That's not head in the sand. Also- all of the LCS games- were late afternoon. The 3 that started in the afternoon all were 4:07pm. That's late afternoon. They want it where the 1st game is over so there is no overlap. It's actually like I said an hour later than they used to do(they used to way back in the day have all games at 3:05). The problem though for FS1 is they did have record ratings. Record bad ratings. You can say all you want about afternoon games and everything- but there's been afternoon games for a long game, and none of those were record bad ratings. It's not like MLB just started doing afternoon games this year.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:52 pm

All I hear is can't, can't. Games can overlap. They could have started at 5pm ET. Games need to be primetime, just like NBA and the NHL. MLB needs to get there head out of sand! All I hear is your little winnie ways, MLB has always played day games. Things have changed in the world. Back in days the biggest game in college football was 12et on ABC, now everything big is on primetime for all networks. NFL playoffs were at 1 and 4et, now 4:30 and 8et on that Saturday. Thing change with the times, something MLB has failed to do with LDS and LCS games being played in the middle of the day.. Period!
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:02 pm

MUPanther wrote:All I hear is can't, can't. Games can overlap. They could have started at 5pm ET. Games need to be primetime, just like NBA and the NHL. MLB needs to get there head out of sand!

They aren't going to overlap the game times. You can't compare MLB to NBA and NHL because the NBA and NHL can absolutely stagger the games so 1 series is on odd days the other on even days. With the calendar the way it is- that's just not an option for baseball(and even without that- they aren't going to do every other day). You have to be realistic. They aren't going to help 1 network out by hurting the other network. And that's exactly what you are wanting them to do.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board