Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:38 pm

NJRedman wrote:Do you know what I love? I love that Stever is still peddling the idea that MLB is going to force the playoffs off of FS1 because one of the teams was in a market they can't count. Yes, MLB is going to punish it's TV partner because one of the MLB teams is in another country and their TV partner doesn't air the games in that country. Yes Stever, your logic is flawless! hahahaha

Keep posting that you're not a troll and that we're just mean bullies over here. hahahahahaha

So wait, I was right that Fox caught a bad break with the teams in the AL playoffs? I thought you said that wasn't the case....

Like I said, I think next year is make or break for FS1. MLB if FS1 has another bad playoffs run next year will really try to force the issue. Fox will get what is right now the better league as far as TV in the NL(of course watch, Fox's luck will give the AL New York, Chicago, and LA).
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 pm

The FOX networks don't want baseball. It overruns local news and other programming. MLB didn't force the issue with Turner. How about FS1 getting better times for it's games. You can blame stupid MLB for that. They need to be in primetime. NBA and NHL does it for their playoffs.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:45 pm

MUPanther wrote:The FOX networks don't want baseball. It overruns local news and other programming. MLB didn't force the issue with Turner. How about FS1 getting better times for it's games. You can blame stupid MLB for that. They need to be in primetime. NBA and NHL does it for their playoffs.

MLB doesn't have to force the issue with Turner because they get good ratings.....

NBA and NHL can do it for their playoffs because they have days off in between games. baseball you can't do that. They used to have games going on at the same time- and that killed ratings.

The thing that will be interesting if FS1 continues to have awful postseason ratings if MLB renews with Fox when the contract is up.
stever20

Postby NovaBall » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Stever is such a small picture thinker.

This is the type of argument I can picture him having
- guys, Meryl Streep is not nominated for Ana academy award this yr, that really sucks for (insert network carrying the awards) because nobody is going to watch the show.
- Bodie miller isn't in the downhill finals this year, NBC must be really pissed they invested in the Olympics
- it's going to rain this yr at the Kentucky derby, that's going to make the field less predictable so fewer people will bet. Man NBC sure is regretting bidding on those rights
- tiger woods isn't a factor in the majors anymore, nobody will ever carry the U.S. Open or masters again

When in reality the big picture is that the station got to carry a major event, and people will still watch the event, and the event is still worth airing, despite the little variable that he can find to try to downplay why it is worth having.

It's quite humorous to watch this Dayton troll try to spin those arguments.
NovaBall

Postby NJRedman » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:44 am

stever20 wrote:
NJRedman wrote:Do you know what I love? I love that Stever is still peddling the idea that MLB is going to force the playoffs off of FS1 because one of the teams was in a market they can't count. Yes, MLB is going to punish it's TV partner because one of the MLB teams is in another country and their TV partner doesn't air the games in that country. Yes Stever, your logic is flawless! hahahaha

Keep posting that you're not a troll and that we're just mean bullies over here. hahahahahaha

So wait, I was right that Fox caught a bad break with the teams in the AL playoffs? I thought you said that wasn't the case....

Like I said, I think next year is make or break for FS1. MLB if FS1 has another bad playoffs run next year will really try to force the issue. Fox will get what is right now the better league as far as TV in the NL(of course watch, Fox's luck will give the AL New York, Chicago, and LA).

Once again MLB took the extra money from fox to be on cable. They can't force fox to move the games. Also one of those two teams were in another country, MLB isn't going to punish its TV partner because they don't carry the games in the teams home country. Get a life you don't work for MLB so you don't know what the F they are going to do. Just like you're NOT a Big East fan. Go away troll, you're a loser who actually thinks he is not only a network executive but also someone who knows how a professional sports league runs behind the scenes. You don't know anything, stop acting like you do. All you do is make erroneous statements then when someone points out how you're wrong you move the goal posts. MLB needs Fox. Fox has made them very very rich. You think MLB is going to force them into something after they took the extra money? Are they going to give that money back Stever? No, of course they aren't. Now please stop rambling on about things you clearly have no idea about.
NJRedman

Postby HoosierPal » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:50 am

Huge black eye last night for Fox Sports screwing up the World Series. When is the last time you saw a "Technical Difficulties" sign flash across your screen? And in a championship series? This just cannot happen. If the Series had been on ESPN, this board would be in melt down mode right now.
HoosierPal

Postby stever20 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:18 am

NovaBall wrote:Stever is such a small picture thinker.

This is the type of argument I can picture him having
- guys, Meryl Streep is not nominated for Ana academy award this yr, that really sucks for (insert network carrying the awards) because nobody is going to watch the show.
- Bodie miller isn't in the downhill finals this year, NBC must be really pissed they invested in the Olympics
- it's going to rain this yr at the Kentucky derby, that's going to make the field less predictable so fewer people will bet. Man NBC sure is regretting bidding on those rights
- tiger woods isn't a factor in the majors anymore, nobody will ever carry the U.S. Open or masters again

When in reality the big picture is that the station got to carry a major event, and people will still watch the event, and the event is still worth airing, despite the little variable that he can find to try to downplay why it is worth having.

It's quite humorous to watch this Dayton troll try to spin those arguments.

In sports you are damn right that certain things impacts ratings....
Just look at golf. Tiger Woods. When he's in contention, the ratings goes WAY up. In the Greensboro Open this year, where he was in contention- the tournament had it's best rating since 1993. The 3rd round of it had the exact same rating as the US Open and British Open's 3rd rounds. For a minor golf tournament.

I have NEVER and I repeat NEVER said that it's not worth having. But you are a f'ing MORON if you think that there aren't good breaks or bad breaks in things. And those breaks have a HUGE impact on the ratings of the event. There are FAR more people than you ever want to admit that them watching an event is governed by what's going on. Casual fans mean a LOT.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:22 am

HoosierPal wrote:Huge black eye last night for Fox Sports screwing up the World Series. When is the last time you saw a "Technical Difficulties" sign flash across your screen? And in a championship series? This just cannot happen. If the Series had been on ESPN, this board would be in melt down mode right now.

You realize that both power generators went out in KC right? This is equivalent to blaming CBS for the power going out at the Raven's Superbowl.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby MUPanther » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:04 pm

stever20 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:The FOX networks don't want baseball. It overruns local news and other programming. MLB didn't force the issue with Turner. How about FS1 getting better times for it's games. You can blame stupid MLB for that. They need to be in primetime. NBA and NHL does it for their playoffs.

MLB doesn't have to force the issue with Turner because they get good ratings.....

NBA and NHL can do it for their playoffs because they have days off in between games. baseball you can't do that. They used to have games going on at the same time- and that killed ratings.

The thing that will be interesting if FS1 continues to have awful postseason ratings if MLB renews with Fox when the contract is up.

Baseball can do days off. They need to stop with the sold-age.

TBS more often get poor ratings.

They just renewed the contract.

Swing and a miss on all three!
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:08 pm

HoosierPal wrote:Huge black eye last night for Fox Sports screwing up the World Series. When is the last time you saw a "Technical Difficulties" sign flash across your screen? And in a championship series? This just cannot happen. If the Series had been on ESPN, this board would be in melt down mode right now.

It's live TV, it's happens. Thank god, for the back up feed.
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board