Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby HoosierPal » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:39 pm

TBS got 6.2 million for Cards Cubs game 4. Later that night, Dodgers Mets drew 6.3 million on TBS. Baseball is popular no matter what channel it is on.
HoosierPal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:53 pm

Jet915 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:Game 5 of the Houston Astros-Kansas City Royals American League Division Series played last night at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, tallied 5,944,000 viewers on FS1, making it the most-watched telecast in the network’s history, and peaked in the 10:30-10:45 PM ET quarter hour at 6,708,000 viewers.

Earlier in the day, Rangers-Blue Jays ALDS Game 5 proved to be the second most-watched weekday afternoon telecast in FS1 history with 3,199,000 viewers.

That is impressive. Stever?

Like I said- you get to a game 5(or 7) and it turns the casual fans way up. Really no matter the sport.

The ratings shown for the Toronto game are what hurts FS1 now. Local audiences are important. I mean Chicago is getting over 20% of their market watching the Cubs games now. New York is getting 13.5 ratings for Mets games. Toronto's home market doesn't help fox at all.

Fox also is catching a bad break with the schedule. Game 1 on a Friday night. Game 2 Saturday during college football at 3:30 pm(same time as Alabama/Texas A&M and Michigan/Michigan St. Game 3 on Monday night opposite Monday night football. Meanwhile- for TBS games 1 and 2 are Saturday/Sunday night. Saturday night going up against a diminished Notre Dame/USC game. Game 2 going up against Patriots/Colts(which should be an absolute blood bath rout that will make folks turn the channel). Everything is set for Turner to have record ratings.
stever20

Postby billyjack » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

stever20 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:Game 5 of the Houston Astros-Kansas City Royals American League Division Series played last night at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, tallied 5,944,000 viewers on FS1, making it the most-watched telecast in the network’s history, and peaked in the 10:30-10:45 PM ET quarter hour at 6,708,000 viewers.

Earlier in the day, Rangers-Blue Jays ALDS Game 5 proved to be the second most-watched weekday afternoon telecast in FS1 history with 3,199,000 viewers.

Like I said- you get to a game 5(or 7) and it turns the casual fans way up. Really no matter the sport.

The ratings shown for the Toronto game are what hurts FS1 now. Local audiences are important. I mean Chicago is getting over 20% of their market watching the Cubs games now. New York is getting 13.5 ratings for Mets games. Toronto's home market doesn't help fox at all.

Fox also is catching a bad break with the schedule. Game 1 on a Friday night. Game 2 Saturday during college football at 3:30 pm(same time as Alabama/Texas A&M and Michigan/Michigan St. Game 3 on Monday night opposite Monday night football. Meanwhile- for TBS games 1 and 2 are Saturday/Sunday night. Saturday night going up against a diminished Notre Dame/USC game. Game 2 going up against Patriots/Colts(which should be an absolute blood bath rout that will make folks turn the channel). Everything is set for Turner to have record ratings.

Ok, i started a new thread over on your other favorite board (csnbbs realignment). Grow some stones and get over there and apologize to all us for being completely wrong.

EDIT:
The Patriots vs Colts game is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year. We've been talking about Deflate-gate for 8 months, and many fans wonder if the Patriots will run the score up. They could hit 75 to 80 points.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:40 am

billyjack- I wasn't wrong.

right now in the playoffs....
FS1 has the #6 game(game 5 KC and Houston)(behind both wild card games and 3 LDS games so far- will be 4 after last night's game comes in).
and then the 9 lowest rated games of the playoffs

And a LOT of it was exactly what I said- the Toronto factor:
According to Numeris the Jays - Rangers Game 5 averaged 4.85 million viewers in Canada with 11.5 million Canadians having watched part of the game. Viewership peaked at 8.1 million late in the game. The entire series averaged 3.55 million up here with over 16 million Canadians having watched at least a part of the series (almost half the country). Incredible numbers considering all the weekday afternoon start times.

So think 8 million folks watched the Toronto/Texas game- but Fox only gets credit for 3.2 million.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:02 am

For the entire LDS so far before last night
ALDS on FS1- avg game 2.8 million viewers
NLDS on TBS- avg game 5.5 million viewers

So billyjack, how exactly was I wrong with what I said? I said fox caught a bad break with the teams in the playoffs this year- while Turner struck it rich. Obviously that bared out big time. Turner just raw numbers has had 44 million viewers in the 8 games. FS1 has had raw numbers 28 million viewers in the 10 games. So 16 million more viewers in 2 fewer games. And last night's game 5 of New York/Los Angeles may get 8+ million viewers. The NLDS will get DOUBLE what the ALDS got. How am I wrong again???

And the most bizarre part of this. What I said- I wasn't dinging FS1 at all. I said that Fox caught a bad break.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:22 am

stever20 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Just saw the Mets game 5 last night got a 18.4 rating in New York, best for Mets game in New York since 2006.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:28 pm

You're wrong because you keep saying Fox can't count Toronto viewers but that MLB will force Fox to air all the games just on Fox OTA because of the low #'s. Why would MLB punish Fox for not being able to count Canada? Your arguments make no sense. If TBS had the ALDS this year you would NOT be saying MLB might move away from TBS because they can't count Canadian #'s. Guess what, your precious ESPN can't count Canadian viewers either. Oh and no one said or acted like what you said was treason, we're just all sick and tired of you finding fault in everything we do and what FS1 does. Yes, yesterday you applauded the Big East for doing all the things you wanted them to do, move the tourny finale to earlier (which doesn't really help Fox prime time on a saturday night which was something else you were wrong about) and moved away from the CFP for the marathon. But that doesn't matter because you are still a negative nancy constantly. Saying one positive thing every 3 months doesn't mean you're NOT a pessimistic person who poo poos every single thing we or our TV partner does. Stop acting like you know everything when it's pretty darn clear you don't.

One more thing quit calling us out by name on that other board. If you got something to say about us, say it here and don't run over there where some of us are unable to respond back. Yeah, you know i'm banned over there you coward.
NJRedman

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:41 pm

NJRedman wrote:You're wrong because you keep saying Fox can't count Toronto viewers but that MLB will force Fox to air all the games just on Fox OTA because of the low #'s. Why would MLB punish Fox for not being able to count Canada? Your arguments make no sense. If TBS had the ALDS this year you would NOT be saying MLB might move away from TBS because they can't count Canadian #'s. Guess what, your precious ESPN can't count Canadian viewers either. Oh and no one said or acted like what you said was treason, we're just all sick and tired of you finding fault in everything we do and what FS1 does. Yes, yesterday you applauded the Big East for doing all the things you wanted them to do, move the tourny finale to earlier (which doesn't really help Fox prime time on a saturday night which was something else you were wrong about) and moved away from the CFP for the marathon. But that doesn't matter because you are still a negative nancy constantly. Saying one positive thing every 3 months doesn't mean you're NOT a pessimistic person who poo poos every single thing we or our TV partner does. Stop acting like you know everything when it's pretty darn clear you don't.

One more thing quit calling us out by name on that other board. If you got something to say about us, say it here and don't run over there where some of us are unable to respond back. Yeah, you know i'm banned over there you coward.

What I like about this year is that the Big East has basically told Fox to stop using us to build up FS1. More games on Big Fox instead of FS1. Moving the final away from FS1, not doing the marathon against the CFP- even start times of regular games- those are all things that help the Big East infinitely more than FS1. It's about time.

So 1 series had Canadian team. So the other series was great? Wrong. KC/Houston yes had 5.9 million for game 5. The other 2 games got 2.2 and 3.3 million.

Oh, and I'll stop calling people out by name over there if I can post freely here. Deal?
stever20

Postby billyjack » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Remember the old Maxell or Memorex ad back in the 70's...?
We're the guy sitting in the chair.
The speaker in front of the guy is stever.
Buckle yourself in and hold on for dear life.
I make one post and i get 15 responses from him in return.

Providence
billyjack

Postby handdownmandown » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 pm

I sometimes wonder if Stever is a bot.

First, no sane person could put in as much time as he does rebutting anything and everything on several chat boards at a time. Also, his desire to control all narratives has to be a program, because I dont think I have ever met a human that relentless in their pursuit.
handdownmandown

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board