Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:46 am

Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch · 22m22 minutes ago
FS1 drew a 1.3 overnight rating for Rangers-Blue Jays. That's very low for this postseason. Looking at two million or so viewers.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:06 am

MUPanther wrote:Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch · 22m22 minutes ago
FS1 drew a 1.3 overnight rating for Rangers-Blue Jays. That's very low for this postseason. Looking at two million or so viewers.

just looking last year's LDS games drew 3.96 million for Det/Bal and 4.15 for KC/LA. So 2 million would be quite bad.
last year's NLDS game 1's for FS1 drew 2.04 and 3.60 million.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:23 am

Are here are the stupid people who can't find FS1.....
Chris Sedenka ‏@ChrisSedenka · 52m52 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch Took me till the 3rd inning to find it. FS1 is never on my radar

Micheline Maynard ‏@MickiMaynard · 50m50 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch FS1 less widely available than other cablers. Also, rain delay (I gave up).

Skyler Gilbert ‏@SkylerJGilbert · 43m43 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch I don't get the channel... Pathetic for the playoffs.

Zingus Goloth ‏@Txgonzo · 46m46 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch our basic cable at work doesn't get FS1 I guess it's premium. We had to listen on radio

Nick Peto ‏@CoachP508 · 47m47 minutes ago  Massachusetts, USA
@richarddeitsch i honestly didn't even know what network it was on. Checked MLB, TBS, Fox. Burying these games on FS1 is awful.

Kenneth Davis ‏@dthova72 · 51m51 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch It shouldn't be on FS1...TBS or FOX!!!!

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington · 53m53 minutes ago
@eboland11 @richarddeitsch Nobody can find the channel is a big factor IMO.
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:26 am

MUPanther wrote:Are here are the stupid people who can't find FS1.....
Chris Sedenka ‏@ChrisSedenka · 52m52 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch Took me till the 3rd inning to find it. FS1 is never on my radar

Micheline Maynard ‏@MickiMaynard · 50m50 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch FS1 less widely available than other cablers. Also, rain delay (I gave up).

Skyler Gilbert ‏@SkylerJGilbert · 43m43 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch I don't get the channel... Pathetic for the playoffs.

Zingus Goloth ‏@Txgonzo · 46m46 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch our basic cable at work doesn't get FS1 I guess it's premium. We had to listen on radio

Nick Peto ‏@CoachP508 · 47m47 minutes ago  Massachusetts, USA
@richarddeitsch i honestly didn't even know what network it was on. Checked MLB, TBS, Fox. Burying these games on FS1 is awful.

Kenneth Davis ‏@dthova72 · 51m51 minutes ago
@richarddeitsch It shouldn't be on FS1...TBS or FOX!!!!

Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington · 53m53 minutes ago
@eboland11 @richarddeitsch Nobody can find the channel is a big factor IMO.

Yeah, I wonder if MLB after this year may force Fox's hands on this. Between the unappealing teams and this, could be a perfect storm....
stever20

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:37 am

He also acknowledged that the number doesn't include Canada so there's that. I suppose not counting an entire country viewing the game when one of their teams is playing could impact the rating, but the better angle is that no one can find FS1 and that's why the rating is low.
ArmyVet

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 am

ArmyVet wrote:He also acknowledged that the number doesn't include Canada so there's that. I suppose not counting an entire country viewing the game when one of their teams is playing could impact the rating, but the better angle is that no one can find FS1 and that's why the rating is low.

yeah that would be 1 and 1a there.

going to what Redman said- yeah there are transplants living in the states. However, you can say that about any team. what drives ratings is a lot local viewership. I mean look at the Cubs/Pirates game on Wednesday night. The game got a 21.8 rating in the #2 market in the country. It's no wonder that the game got great ratings just from that.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:50 am

I hope MLB doesn't force FOX's hand, because FOX doesn't want LDS games.

We need to stop feeding into the stupid. These people can some how tweet, but not find a channel. :evil: Rating were also low because, why does MLB put it's biggest games on during the day, when people are at work.
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:59 am

MUPanther wrote:I hope MLB doesn't force FOX's hand, because FOX doesn't want LDS games.

We need to stop feeding into the stupid. These people can some how tweet, but not find a channel. :evil: Rating were also low because, why does MLB put it's biggest games on during the day, when people are at work.

There was talk about that last year but didn't happen. Poor ratings this year may really make it happen. One factor is that TBS is in about 11 million more homes than FS1 is in. A few of the tweets was they didn't get FS1. Fox may not have a choice in this.

As for your question about games on during the day- they have to. Like yesterday they had 2 games. They can't have a game at KC start up at 9pm or 930pm. Or today, they have 4 games. 2 games have to be during the day.
stever20

Postby Westbrook#36 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:11 am

Anyone who says they can't find FS1 is being disingenuous or just stupid. On Directv it's near all the ESPN and sports networks, on comcast it's near ESPNU, ESPN classic, NBA TV, CBS sports net, NFL network, MLB network, etc. You don't have to pay extra to get it on either. If you really wanted to watch something in this day and age it's beyond easy to find out what and where that network is that is showing it.
Westbrook#36

Postby stever20 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:16 am

Westbrook#36 wrote:Anyone who says they can't find FS1 is being disingenuous or just stupid. On Directv it's near all the ESPN and sports networks, on comcast it's near ESPNU, ESPN classic, NBA TV, CBS sports net, NFL network, MLB network, etc. You don't have to pay extra to get it on either. If you really wanted to watch something in this day and age it's beyond easy to find out what and where that network is that is showing it.

Don't some systems still have it on a sports tier instead of the regular tier though?
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board