Out of Conference games for next yr

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Out of Conference games for next yr

Postby Irishdawg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:09 am

redmen9194 wrote:I don't believe the Johnnies have Cuse next year. We have Duke on the road and are going to Maui with a bracket that includes Indiana, UCLA, Kansas, Arizona, Purdue, SD State. Should have a power team coming into the Garden as well, just don't know who that will be.

Conferences are not allowed to have multiple teams in an exempt tourney unless it's a special situation where teams accept the bid to the tournament prior to being in the same league (i.e. Georgetown and Butler in this year's Battle 4 Atlantis).

Maui's field this year is Kansas, IU, UCLA, UNLV, Vandy and Wake Forest along with St. John's and Chaminade.

Arizona, Purdue and San Diego State were in the 2014 field.
Irishdawg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby HoosierPal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:25 am

From michaelpointer Butler Insider ; "Per Sports Business Daily Butler will play in the Las Vega Invitational in November 2016. Fox Sports is organizing the event."
HoosierPal

Postby xufan02 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:25 am

Xavier known games at this point:

Home: Cincinnati, Auburn, Missouri
Away: Wake Forest, Michigan (Gavitt Tip-off)
Neutral: 3 games, field includes: Alabama, Dayton, Iowa, Monmouth, Notre Dame, USC, and Wichita State

I would imagine that leaves Xavier with 5 more home games to schedule against buy type teams, or perhaps another series starting on the road that has not been announced.
xufan02

Postby XUFan09 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:23 am

xufan02 wrote:Xavier known games at this point:

Neutral: 3 games, field includes: Alabama, Dayton, Iowa, Monmouth, Notre Dame, USC, and Wichita State

I would imagine that leaves Xavier with 5 more home games to schedule against buy type teams, or perhaps another series starting on the road that has not been announced.

I hope they get at least one more road game in. Thinking about the Selection Committee, I'm more comfortable with three road games than with two. It doesn't even have to be a strong team, just someone in the likely 75-125 range.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby wildjays » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:22 pm

As usual, I am keeping track of the Big East Non-Conference games for the upcoming season and future seasons here:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/future-bi ... schedules/

Let me know if I am missing anything.
wildjays

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Decided to make a Google spreadsheet of the OOC Schedule.

If anyone wants to contribute this way we can easily track the upcoming OOC.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby robinreed » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:05 pm

xufan02 wrote:Xavier known games at this point:

That would make a very decent schedule for the muskies. I would like to see Iowa and ND in Chicago and at least one more away game. A XU vs Dayton away game would be great for our fans. Because of the peculiar way the NCAA handles neutral games a neutral site win over any of the teams you listed (except Monmouth) would be a major plus.
robinreed

Postby gosports1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:42 pm

wildjays wrote:As usual, I am keeping track of the Big East Non-Conference games for the upcoming season and future seasons here:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/future-bi ... schedules/

Let me know if I am missing anything.

I'm pretty sure PC-BC are keeping the series alive. I dont know date but it should be home game for PC this year
gosports1

Postby billyjack » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Hi gosports,
The PC-BC 10-year deal ran out this year. They will most likely renew it, but not for the 2016 season because we both are in the Wooden Classic this year.and so might meet up there.
Providence
billyjack

Postby FriarJ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:58 am

Looks like PC got Harvard to visit the Dunk for their first game this year, then of course Illinois before travelling to Anaheim for the Wooden Classic. That's a pretty tough opening for the Friars.
FriarJ

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board