Conference realignment discussion - v. 2015

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference realignment discussion - v. 2015

Postby marquette » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:54 pm

Xudash wrote:
We're not in the Roman Coliseum here in some kind of verbal death match - I have absolutely no desire to throw anything in your face or give you a hard time. There is no punishment to take.

You offered you're opinion and specific scenario. As I noted in my earlier post, I think your post was well reasoned. If it had to be next year and Georgetown and Villanova, in particular, did not care about East/West balance, then it probably would work out the way you described it.

I was simply adding a perspective that had to do with whether or not Fox would address it's inventory issues in some manner other than expanding our conference. Hoya, thanks for pointing out where the A-10 television agreement stands.

Sorry, my post might have come across more snippy than intended. Didn't mean anything by it. I should probably sleep more before posting but the semester is coming down the home stretch so... My bad.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xudash » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:53 pm

marquette wrote:
Xudash wrote:
We're not in the Roman Coliseum here in some kind of verbal death match - I have absolutely no desire to throw anything in your face or give you a hard time. There is no punishment to take.

You offered you're opinion and specific scenario. As I noted in my earlier post, I think your post was well reasoned. If it had to be next year and Georgetown and Villanova, in particular, did not care about East/West balance, then it probably would work out the way you described it.

I was simply adding a perspective that had to do with whether or not Fox would address it's inventory issues in some manner other than expanding our conference. Hoya, thanks for pointing out where the A-10 television agreement stands.

Sorry, my post might have come across more snippy than intended. Didn't mean anything by it. I should probably sleep more before posting but the semester is coming down the home stretch so... My bad.

No problem. And best of luck to you in school.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby marquette » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 pm

https://twitter.com/SammyAlbano/status/588138169251561472

Says UConn is seeking an audience with the Big East, possibly about membership. Not sure how legit.

If this turns out to be legit (BIG IF), then who do we bring along with? Dayton? VCU (would like to see how coaching change works out first, they've lost all their recruits for this season and had 1 transfer out already)? SLU?
Last edited by marquette on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby marquette » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Xudash wrote:
marquette wrote:
Xudash wrote:

Thanks!

Class of '16
marquette

Postby mel ott » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Xudash wrote:
marquette wrote:
Xudash wrote:

And this is another great example of the many reasons we at Creighton are exited to be in the Big East! Thoughtful comments and a singular focus ( on the success of the conference and the solidarity of the mission of the schools)!
mel ott

Postby jaxalum » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Some very well thought out posts the last couple of pages. Is it just me, or would the additions we are talking about, besides a Gonzaga/ND/Uconn, be depressingly underwhelming from a perception standpoint? Don't get me wrong, some very solid points have been presented in support of these schools candidacies. Besides the aforementioned schools, which would seem to be long shots presently, the schools being considered, in my opinion, would be baffling and confounding to the average basketball fan. There's no "wow" factor, no big " splash" , no national waves being made with these candidates. Maybe it's me wanting the dangerous, smoking hot girl vs the girl that is "big boned" but with a great personality.
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby marquette » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:54 pm

marquette wrote:https://twitter.com/SammyAlbano/status/588138169251561472

Says UConn is seeking an audience with the Big East, possibly about membership. Not sure how legit.

If this turns out to be legit (BIG IF), then who do we bring along with? Dayton? VCU (would like to see how coaching change works out first, they've lost all their recruits for this season and had 1 transfer out already)? SLU?

I should probably not have posted immediately after putting this one up. Anyone have thoughts on this? I don't know who the guy is, this was passed along to me by friend.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:32 pm

marquette wrote:

I should probably not have posted immediately after putting this one up. Anyone have thoughts on this? I don't know who the guy is, this was passed along to me by friend.

Obviously cool if true. But the guy ain't exactly an unbiased news source.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Burrito » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:50 pm

I prefer a conference with 10 members (all private).
Burrito

Postby sheg » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm

UConn LAX going D1 in 2018 according to my LAX nut friend. It could be as simple as that.
sheg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board