Should the A-10 Add Wichita and UNI?

Re: Should the A-10 Add Wichita and UNI?

Postby jfan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:16 am

ScuM is one of the most usual ones. They accuse us of being sweater vest wearing elitists (Very true). They call Coach Mac Wookie and Doug was SOW ( Son of Wookie). Sounds like harmless fun, but it wasn't. There was constant belittling of anything Creighton. They call the BE-- mid major east.( just a little jealous)
CREIGHTON
jfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby handdownmandown » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:23 am

I used to refer to us as sCUm when talking to them. It used to irritate the hell out of them.
handdownmandown

Postby jfan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:38 am

handdownmandown wrote:I used to refer to us as sCUm when talking to them. It used to irritate the hell out of them.

Wish I would have thought of that!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Doge McDermott » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:42 am

Creighton fans may be pretty gun shy of UNI because of what happened to SIU, our old rival in the MVC. Back before WCC was good, our main rival was Southern Illinois. Those games could get a little...heated. It was pretty much Creighton and those damn Salukis duking it out for the autobid every year. SIU's coach went to U of Illinois about ten years ago, and they've never really recovered. Hell, U of I hasn't recovered from his tenure either.

To us, UNI is very much the same; a directional state school with a good coach who will jump when a better opportunity comes along. They're a middling MVC team who happens to have had a good year. Plus, they play in a fancy high school gym.

As for WCC, it's good to know they still hate us with the fire of 1000 suns. Hi guys! Hope y'all had fun eating Casey's Pizza in STL. Too bad that even after we left, you still couldn't manage to get into the MVC finals this year.
Doge McDermott

Postby ohiohsbball » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:59 am

I don't see Wichita and UNI joining the A10. I kind of think the A10 is waiting around to see what the BE will do. If the BE takes Dayton and SLU, then the A10 will definitely stay where they are because it is pretty much an eastern conference. If the BE definitely stays at 10 for the long haul then may be the A10 counters to please Dayton and SLU, but I just don't see that happening right now. From a competitive standpoint it would be a lot of fun, but I don't think that moves makes sense right now.
ohiohsbball

Postby Bluejay » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:08 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:
Bluejay wrote:Those two were are conference mates for a long time. Creighton fans know those schools and fanbases inside and out. Both our head coach and athletic director our alums of UNI.

I don't like to be "that" guy, but please just tell me you were kidding when you wrote this.

Good grief, that is embarrassing...trying to go too fast I guess....mea culpa!
Bluejay

Postby Bluejay » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:11 pm

ivet wrote:
jfan wrote:For those of you that don't speak Valley, Tards comes from Wichitard State (not PC) They are also called WCC for Wichita Community College.

Wichita Community College is pretty funny. What do they call you guys?

They usually called us "Conference Champions."

We dominated that thing so bad that the whole conference tourney was nicknamed, "The Creighton Invitational" and was even occasionally referenced as such during the TV broadcasts!
Bluejay

Previous

Return to Off Topic