check out UCONNS boneyard forum

Postby SJU1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:23 pm

They're having a lively discussion about whether to join the Big East again. Many see no other alternative but to come back. Many posters think UCONN should park their football in the MAC or go independent. They see an obvious Bias against the AAC and really were shocked that the New Big East was on equal footing with the P5 conferences.
The ACC won't take them and it's rumored that Cincinati and Memphis are headed to the B12. UCONN will be all alone after they leave and very desperate.
According to the UCONN people, the State of Ct. invested almost $250 million in the football program.
Adding a Gonzaga and a UCONN would make a great league. Fox would love it !
SJU1987

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: check out UCONNS boneyard forum

Postby NJRedman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:28 pm

SJU1987 wrote:They're having a lively discussion about whether to join the Big East again. Many see no other alternative but to come back. Many posters think UCONN should park their football in the MAC or go independent. They see an obvious Bias against the AAC and really were shocked that the New Big East was on equal footing with the P5 conferences.
The ACC won't take them and it's rumored that Cincinati and Memphis are headed to the B12. UCONN will be all alone after they leave and very desperate.
According to the UCONN people, the State of Ct. invested almost $250 million in the football program.

They can crap in one hand and wish in the other and they'll see which one fills up first. Until the day they park their FB program in a 1-AA conference they will NOT be invited back.

Oh and the Zags are to far away. IF and thats a very big IF, UConn does come back look for one of the following teams to come along as well. VCU, Saint Louis, Wichita St. and Dayton.
NJRedman

Postby SJU1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:41 pm

NJRedman wrote:
SJU1987 wrote:They're having a lively discussion about whether to join the Big East again. Many see no other alternative but to come back. Many posters think UCONN should park their football in the MAC or go independent. They see an obvious Bias against the AAC and really were shocked that the New Big East was on equal footing with the P5 conferences.

They can crap in one hand and wish in the other and they'll see which one fills up first. Until the day they park their FB program in a 1-AA conference they will NOT be invited back.

Oh and the Zags are to far away. IF and thats a very big IF, UConn does come back look for one of the following teams to come along as well. VCU, Saint Louis, Wichita St. and Dayton.

The schools you mentioned are nice schools with good programs. The Big East should patiently wait and watch what happens with football. I hope the Fathers ( and Butler's President ) don't rush out and add schools just because they're Catholic. The goal is to get a league like the Old Big East and it can happen if we stay patient.
SJU1987

Postby DeltaV » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:01 pm

I may not go out and argue for it, but if it were announced we picked up UConn and VCU I wouldn't be disappointed.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby SJU1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:05 pm

DeltaV wrote:I may not go out and argue for it, but if it were announced we picked up UConn and VCU I wouldn't be disappointed.

Would Georgetown oppose VCU ?
SJU1987

Postby Steve Lavin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:45 pm

"We are insane not to be crawling to Providence and begging the Big East for an invitation tomorrow."

Hah, I love it. I almost feel bad for them. But nah :lol: . UConn is living with its decision to prioritize football (something they are awful at) over basketball (something they are historically great at). The money clouded their minds and they made a terrible mistake. I saw some posters though saying that the Big East is running off the fumes of the old Big East and that's why we got good seeds and had success. Funny, because that's exactly what happened to UConn. They won the championship off the fumes of Calhoun's recruits and all his success. Calhoun retired and this year they had a few leftovers and almost made a run. Now Boatright is gone. If UConn is still in the AAC in another 5 years you will see the slow death of a former giant. They are moving into post Big East, post Calhoun mode now. It will never be like it once was for them. At the very worst we still have the brand names/blue bloods like Nova/G'Town and other respectable brand names like SJU, PC, SHU, Butler, Creighton, Xavier, etc. They will be stuck with Tulane, UCF, ECU, and SMU after Brown retires any time now.

UConn is like that girl who had a great man who was a very loyal boyfriend…perfect for her. Then she goes out and cheats on him with some jerk and wants the other guy back. UConn was a perfect fit in the Big East. Right in the tri-state area, tons of local alumni, tons of hype and rivalries. But that didn't matter. They wanted more money. UConn is exhibit A for how money isn't everything. If they still don't get an invite to a football 5 conference it will be VERY interesting to see what happens, because they will be forced to do something. They have to know staying put is a death sentence.
Steve Lavin

Postby FriarFan4Eva » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:49 pm

If we took UConn back they would jump ship in a heartbeat if a P5 came calling....Untrustworthy.....Let them schedule BE teams in their OOC schedule....Arrogant entitled fans who believe Storrs is sacred ground and Basketball was invented in 1988....I say No Never !!!
Go FRIARS !!!!!!
FriarFan4Eva

Postby handdownmandown » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:06 pm

I went over there yesterday. If schadenfreude is your thing, grab a bag of Oreos and head on over because it's a certifiable laugh riot over there.
handdownmandown

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 pm

SJU1987 wrote:
DeltaV wrote:I may not go out and argue for it, but if it were announced we picked up UConn and VCU I wouldn't be disappointed.

Would Georgetown oppose VCU ?

Why would Georgetown in particular oppose VCU?

Not on the basis of geography since they were openly lobbying for Richmond.
Bill Marsh

Postby NJRedman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:58 pm

SJU1987 wrote:
NJRedman wrote:

The schools you mentioned are nice schools with good programs. The Big East should patiently wait and watch what happens with football. I hope the Fathers ( and Butler's President ) don't rush out and add schools just because they're Catholic. The goal is to get a league like the Old Big East and it can happen if we stay patient.

You know the President of St. John's isn't a priest right? Also like half the schools aren't run by priests.

Also I didn;t say add them today but they are the list of candidates at the moment. UConns football disqualifies them at the moment.
NJRedman

Next

Return to Off Topic