Stever.

Stever.

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:30 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
Terrible day for the AAC. Could they be a 2 bid league?

stever20 ยป Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:23 pm

you are funny. Almost a zero percent chance that the AAC would be a 2 bid league. Temple now has 19 wins. SMU 20. Both pretty much just no bad losses and they are in. Cincy even with the loss still has a 37 RPI. They have a 6-5 record vs RPI top 100. They should be safe still. And Tulsa still has a 45 RPI. The Tulsa/Cincy winner from a game in a few weeks- should be pretty safe....

Tough day yesterday buddy. I don't want to pull out the month long quotes in which you felt that the BE was likely a 4 bid league and that the AAC 5 but this is a BE message board and I feel like you should officially answer for your crimes (LOL). Was thinking perhaps a kangaroo court in which we dissect the quotes about FL being in better shape than SJU or that Tulsa's # of wins vs the RPI 200+ meant nothing. But instead I thought I'd simply ask you to respond to the following... I stated 4 weeks ago that the BE was closer to a 6 bid league than the AAC to a 3 bid league and you dismissed me and called me "idiotic.".

stever20 wrote:
RedStormHoops wrote:Stever, can I ask, what is the reasoning for your love affair with the AAC? Are you a temple fan or something ?

I don't love the AAC, I just think they are far better than folks here want to give them credit for. When people stay absolutely idiotic stuff like AAC may get only 2 bids, when they have 4 top 45 teams in the RPI, plus UConn still lurking- that just gets to me.

Here is your opportunity to address this once and for all. We will welcome you back win open arms as the resident expectations manager, but you need to first answer for your crimes against the conference. What say you?
Last edited by GumbyDamnit! on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Stever.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Stever.

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:15 am

Stever, don't do anything rash, we need you as our devil's advocate.

Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:28 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Tough day yesterday buddy. I don't want to pull out the month long quotes in which you felt that the BE was likely a 4 bid league and that the AAC 5 but this is a BE message board and I feel like you should officially answer for your crimes (LOL). Was thinking perhaps a kangaroo court in which we dissect the quotes about FL being in better shape than SJU or that Tulsa's # of wins vs the RPI 200+ meant nothing. But instead I thought I'd simply ask you to respond to the following... I stated 3 weeks ago that the BE was closer to a 6 bid league than the AAC to a 3 bid league and you dismissed me and called me "idiotic.".

stever20 wrote:
RedStormHoops wrote:Stever, can I ask, what is the reasoning for your love affair with the AAC? Are you a temple fan or something ?

I don't love the AAC, I just think they are far better than folks here want to give them credit for. When people stay absolutely idiotic stuff like AAC may get only 2 bids, when they have 4 top 45 teams in the RPI, plus UConn still lurking- that just gets to me.

Here is your opportunity to address this once and for all. We will welcome you back win open arms as the resident expectations manager, but you need to first answer for your crimes against the conference. What say you?

In the immortal words of Pat Paulsen after Tommy Smothers rolled a videotape of Pat announcing his candidacy for president on another TV show:

"Uh . . . I was misquoted."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For those old enough to remember one of the great moments in TV history on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. 8-)
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:39 am

Wow, I am honored. To have a thread on a message board devoted to me.

I am very surprised that Temple missed the tourney. A team with that good of a RPI, with such a top notch win in the Kansas win- you think that gets in most all of the time. Am shocked that UCLA made the tourney- that's just a joke.

It's a good year for the Big East no doubt. But now the hard part- to make these seeds pay off.
stever20

Postby TheBall » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:57 am

You mean those espn news and espnu games weren't enough to carry the conference of americans to glory?

Thank god we split with the conference of americans and left espn.
TheBall

Postby Boyee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:00 am

I hope Connecticut and Cincinnati get invited to a Power Five conference soon. The American needs a 12th basketball school. I'm still surprised that they invited Tulsa and Tulane and didn't invite UMass.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Return to Off Topic