2015 BE Tourney - Thurs night games GU-CU, BU-XU

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2015 BE Tourney - Thurs night games GU-CU, BU-XU

Postby butlerway » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:11 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:Lol at that flop by Barlow. His Sportsmanship award is a bigger farce than Arcidiacono's POY. He flops so much.

Wouldn't you after Xavier was constantly rewarded for it, including 30 seconds prior?
butlerway

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Good job, good effort
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Great game. X vs Georgetown should be a good.
Jet915

Postby Xudash » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:32 pm

butlerway wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:Lol at that flop by Barlow. His Sportsmanship award is a bigger farce than Arcidiacono's POY. He flops so much.

Wouldn't you after Xavier was constantly rewarded for it, including 30 seconds prior?

Ha! Give me a break. You guys take this crap to an art form. You're problem now is that the Big East doesn't put up with that crap. Well, except for when Jones literally dives out of control into the lane and gets a foul called on one of our bigs.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby BEX » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Refs let them play. Welcome to BE Basketball. Gritty win.
BEX

Postby kellernr » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:36 am

butlerway wrote:

I liked how Mack called out Dunham for throwing out his legs and kicking the defender when he shoots trying to draw the foul. That should be an offensive foul.
Lets Go X!
kellernr

Postby Irishdawg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:11 am

Disappointing, but honestly probably for the best with the short bench that Butler has. At least now I won't have to keep streaming the Big East tourney on different sites because of U-Verse.
Irishdawg

Postby kmacker69 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:17 am

Really X fans? Kellen has fouled out of two games all year... Tony Chiazza was a ref in each of them, but I digress. 16 to 24 fouls and 2 of our starters fouled out and you complain about our guys showing when they get fouled for the refs? :roll: Both team played very physical and a lot more fouls could have been called both ways but as usual BE officials were inconsistent. Didn't cost us the game, but was very frustrating.
If X played that hard all year they'd have a much better record! They got into BU's head and took them out of their game after a few mins in both halves. I expect a Hangover against GT and a bad loss, but play like you did against us and it'll be on to the BE finals.
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby RomainSato10 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:17 am

The flopping on both sides was awful last night. The rule needs to change, when you are backing down a guy in the post and the defender falls over, its not a charge. Butler is screaming about the officials, but there were terrible calls on both ends. Dunham acts like he gets mauled on every shot with the leg kick outs. Jalen had 3 phantom calls on him, stainbrook had 2 charges called blocks. Goes both ways.

All in all, every team in the big east, stop the flops. It shouldnt be rewarded by the officials

Its kind of rich coming from butler fans complaining about fouls, when they had Stevens his mentality was "they wont call all of them." Matt Howard probably should have fouled out every game in the first 5 mins. Not taking anything away from those incredible accomplishments by any means, but the Stevens butler teams were very physical
RomainSato10

Postby kmacker69 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:41 am

RomainSato10 wrote:The flopping on both sides was awful last night. The rule needs to change, when you are backing down a guy in the post and the defender falls over, its not a charge. Butler is screaming about the officials, but there were terrible calls on both ends. Dunham acts like he gets mauled on every shot with the leg kick outs. Jalen had 3 phantom calls on him, stainbrook had 2 charges called blocks. Goes both ways.

All in all, every team in the big east, stop the flops. It shouldnt be rewarded by the officials

Its kind of rich coming from butler fans complaining about fouls, when they had Stevens his mentality was "they wont call all of them." Matt Howard probably should have fouled out every game in the first 5 mins. Not taking anything away from those incredible accomplishments by any means, but the Stevens butler teams were very physical

I try and stay away from the refs sucked against us most of the time, since many calls are subjective, as in even two refs will call the same play different when it comes to block/charge. BE officials tend to be inconsistent and it always feels like they are against you when you are losing, but that's not at all what I was "screaming" about. I brought up the disparity in numbers of fouls, with both teams playing very physical, and noted more fouls could have been called both ways. And the anomaly of Dunham only fouling out of two games all year and both having the same official. Only 5 games all year did he have more than 2 and he averaged 1.3 thru 32 games. I bet you would scratch your head on that one also, if you didn't feel like he flops on every shot? (I get it he exaggerates when he is hit on the arm, but gets grabbed and double teamed almost every game, all game, and doesn't shoot that many FT's most games? Took exactly 6 in all 3 X games this year which is about his average for the season.) :roll:

X played really hard last night and took BU out of their game, and that is why BU lost. Period. I brought up the number of fouls and the extra on Dunham because it explains a little the difference in total number when you factor in the extra fouls at the end of the game. If the BE wants to replace a few officials, Tony Chiazza might be a good start, but there are a bunch that need to work on being more consistent in their calls across the board, not just in this game. That is why I brought it up on this board. (Bitching about the refs losing the game for you should be reserved for your own homer board even though everyone reads the other teams boards which is where you most likely got the screaming thing. Didn't see that on this board, so leave the homer board stuff where it belong on the homer boards.) ;)
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board