Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:34 pm

ChelseaFriar wrote:I think they probably should have slotted Villanova vs. Georgetown at 7 PM EST today (or maybe 8 PM EST).

They had two women's hoops game before. Oklahoma State at Oklahoma and a Top 10 match-up with Texas at Baylor.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ChelseaFriar » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:48 pm

MUPanther wrote:
ChelseaFriar wrote:I think they probably should have slotted Villanova vs. Georgetown at 7 PM EST today (or maybe 8 PM EST).

They had two women's hoops game before. Oklahoma State at Oklahoma and a Top 10 match-up with Texas at Baylor.

Should have swapped one of them, especially considering those schools are all in a more accommodating time zone for a 9 PM EST game. I'm just basing this on the guess that the largest majority of Villanova fans and Georgetown fans live in the DC/Philly/NYC/NJ areas (I realize both schools have grads all over the country, but I'd think the largest % live on the East Coast).
ChelseaFriar

Postby stever20 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:17 pm

It was 9pm because there was a MLK matinee for the Wizards today at the Verizon Center.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:11 pm

The UFC fight got a 1.7 rating, making it the 4th highest sporting event all weekend! Behind the NFC, AFC and Duke at L'ville.
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:44 pm

MUPanther wrote:The UFC fight got a 1.7 rating, making it the 4th highest sporting event all weekend! Behind the NFC, AFC and Duke at L'ville.

2.7 million viewer average for the event.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:07 pm

Jet915 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:The UFC fight got a 1.7 rating, making it the 4th highest sporting event all weekend! Behind the NFC, AFC and Duke at L'ville.

2.7 million viewer average for the event.

Peaked at 3.2 million at midnight. Fox Sports Live followed with 1.2 million
MUPanther

Postby TheBall » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:52 am

Here is the thing still with fS1:

I have 2 tvs at my house. Both have cable. One has digital cable and gets tons of stations, the other has just regular plug in cable. It has espn, espn2, golf channel, food network and a bunch of other regular stations, as well as fox sports west and a local market tv station (oceanic sports).

But fox sports 1 is not available yet. You need to be paying for digital cable still in many markets for fox sports 1.

I am sure this will change in time, and it doesn't affect me particularly, but it will always lag behind espn and even espn2 until it gets on basic cable subscription packages.
TheBall

Postby stever20 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:19 am

TheBall wrote:Here is the thing still with fS1:

I have 2 tvs at my house. Both have cable. One has digital cable and gets tons of stations, the other has just regular plug in cable. It has espn, espn2, golf channel, food network and a bunch of other regular stations, as well as fox sports west and a local market tv station (oceanic sports).

But fox sports 1 is not available yet. You need to be paying for digital cable still in many markets for fox sports 1.

I am sure this will change in time, and it doesn't affect me particularly, but it will always lag behind espn and even espn2 until it gets on basic cable subscription packages.

I'd say as big of a problem as this is- another problem are hotels. I was in hotels last summer that didn't have FS1. Some media folks were in cities this fall that had to go to bars to watch the MLB playoffs because their hotel didn't have FS1.
stever20

Postby billyjack » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:25 pm

stever20 wrote:
TheBall wrote:Here is the thing still with fS1:

I'd say as big of a problem as this is- another problem are hotels. I was in hotels last summer that didn't have FS1. Some media folks were in cities this fall that had to go to bars to watch the MLB playoffs because their hotel didn't have FS1.

Jeesh, you and your hotels. What are you, a gigolo...?
:D :shock:
Providence
billyjack

Postby MUPanther » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:52 pm

In total viewership for its entire week in Prime Time (8 p.m. to 11 p.m.), FS1 is up 141 percent (320,000 vs. 133,000) from one week earlier and up 55 percent (320,000 vs. 206,000) from the same week one year ago (January 13-19, 2014).

In total viewership for its entire week in Total Day (6 a.m. to 5:59 a.m.), FS1 is up 91 percent (107,000 vs. 56,000) from one week earlier and up 43 percent (107,000 vs. 75,000) from the same week one year ago (January 13-19, 2014).
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board