Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby billyjack » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Is there anyone else besides me that enjoys watching obscure ooc matchups, especially featuring Big East teams. I like seeing obscure coaches, and i try to figure out how they've built their teams, and their strategies and all. Plus i like scouting BE teams. St John's vs Niagara was awesome. Same with Villanova vs UMES, Xavier vs IUPUI, etc... I watched a little tv last nite-- the MU vs Arizona State game. So Maine at Seton Hall sounds cool. I'll flip back and forth between the Hall and the Hoyas.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mel ott » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:09 pm

billyjack wrote:Is there anyone else besides me that enjoys watching obscure ooc matchups, especially featuring Big East teams. I like seeing obscure coaches, and i try to figure out how they've built their teams, and their strategies and all. Plus i like scouting BE teams. St John's vs Niagara was awesome. Same with Villanova vs UMES, Xavier vs IUPUI, etc... I watched a little tv last nite-- the MU vs Arizona State game. So Maine at Seton Hall sounds cool. I'll flip back and forth between the Hall and the Hoyas.

I've enjoyed watching the BE OOC games. No way, two years ago would I watch Marq- ASU, or virtually any other BE school (unless it was a top 20 matchup). Now, I love to watch our teams and for the most part it's been great this year. The BE is getting love- even from Jay Bilas. It's the BIG 12 and the BE top conf from top to bottom. That is the major difference with the depth of the league!
mel ott

Postby MUPanther » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:42 pm

billyjack wrote:Is there anyone else besides me that enjoys watching obscure ooc matchups, especially featuring Big East teams. I like seeing obscure coaches, and i try to figure out how they've built their teams, and their strategies and all. Plus i like scouting BE teams. St John's vs Niagara was awesome. Same with Villanova vs UMES, Xavier vs IUPUI, etc... I watched a little tv last nite-- the MU vs Arizona State game. So Maine at Seton Hall sounds cool. I'll flip back and forth between the Hall and the Hoyas.

If I'm not at the game, I'm watching the Big East games on FS1 and CBSSN.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby xavierfano8 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Agree. I love it I watch as many BE games as I can. Never used to watch the Bonnie's, Fordham, or even the better teams in the A10 because it didn't really matter too much. You knew all of those teams would be average.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby Jet915 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:19 pm

I agree, love watching and rooting for Big East brethren on TV. Even wear my Big East shirt every week!
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:55 am

Kansas vs. Georgetown with a 0.2 rating and 354K viewers.
Jet915

Postby gosports1 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:02 am

i hope Nova-Cuse does well in ratings today. I wish FOX would promote FS1 more on its "standard" FOX channel
gosports1

Postby BigMac » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:12 am

gosports1 wrote: I wish FOX would promote FS1 more on its "standard" FOX channel

FWIW, ABC doesn't promote ESPN directly.
BigMac

Postby stever20 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:05 am

gosports1 wrote:i hope Nova-Cuse does well in ratings today. I wish FOX would promote FS1 more on its "standard" FOX channel

saw several promos last week for the Nova/Cuse game on Fox with the NFL game. Really surprised because hadn't seen that much before.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:41 am

Jet915 wrote:Kansas vs. Georgetown with a 0.2 rating and 354K viewers.

Not bad, but not good. Folks just have the mindset to go to FS1 for sports. It takes time.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board