Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:18 am

something to bare watching:
http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/outgoin ... -nlcs.html

Outgoing MLB Commissioner Bud Selig discussed Fox Sports 1′s role in the postseason with SiriusXM’s Chris Russo on Friday. Selig said he was concerned about fans not being able to find Fox Sports 1:

“The FS1 thing is something we’re going to have to review in the offseason; there’s no question about that. I really like Fox. They’ve been a great partner. And I know there was some concern although, frankly, it was interesting, I hear – a lot of mail, a lot of phone calls from people on a lot of subjects – I didn’t get a lot on that.”

Incoming MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred will have to deal with the Fox Sports 1 situation should the sport want to have the Fox broadcast network air the League Championship Series in full.

Selig told Russo after the bombastic talk show pressed him on Fox Sports 1′s distribution: “Look, I understand that and it’s something that we’ll take a look at.”
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:09 am

Maybe MLB should look at the Giants and Cardinals really don't turn the needle.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:20 am

I think the question would be how much volume there actually was in folks calling MLB. It's not really the Giants/Cards not moving the needle, it's that folks that want to watch the game not being able to find it.

The question is could MLB force Fox to air the LCS on Fox network next year. It sounds like that could be possible.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Big East basketball is finally on TV! I know it's just a crappy exhibition game but Villanova vs. Northwood tonight on FS1!
Jet915

Postby Freshjive2103 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Here is another issue with Fox Sports (which I actually like more than ESPN... but still); their mobile app. ESPN has the To Go app which is free to watch if you have service with one of the providers; NBCSports has an app for free, Fox's app... as a DirecTV person, I cannot get it to play anything because there is no agreement. Major loss.
Freshjive2103

Postby stever20 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Freshjive2103 wrote:Here is another issue with Fox Sports (which I actually like more than ESPN... but still); their mobile app. ESPN has the To Go app which is free to watch if you have service with one of the providers; NBCSports has an app for free, Fox's app... as a DirecTV person, I cannot get it to play anything because there is no agreement. Major loss.

read about that yesterday with the Lauren Hill game. Fox actually suspended that for the Hill game.

I'd kind of guess for Fox- when it goes up for bidding again, you'll see the app on there....
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Freshjive2103 wrote:Here is another issue with Fox Sports (which I actually like more than ESPN... but still); their mobile app. ESPN has the To Go app which is free to watch if you have service with one of the providers; NBCSports has an app for free, Fox's app... as a DirecTV person, I cannot get it to play anything because there is no agreement. Major loss.

Fox is trying to get some carriers to pay higher rates. Alot of them are currently still paying the carriage rates that they got for the Speed channel. I'm in the same situation, I have Verizon FiOS and therefore can't get the mobile app either.
Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Jet915 wrote:Big East basketball is finally on TV! I know it's just a crappy exhibition game but Villanova vs. Northwood tonight on FS1!

Will be cool with Rollie back and 1985 Title team. Plus, Brando and Raft! Onions!
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:07 pm

stever20 wrote:I think the question would be how much volume there actually was in folks calling MLB. It's not really the Giants/Cards not moving the needle, it's that folks that want to watch the game not being able to find it.

The question is could MLB force Fox to air the LCS on Fox network next year. It sounds like that could be possible.

We need to stop feeding into the stupid. FS1 is in over 90 million home. It's not you think of TBS when it comes to baseball.
MUPanther

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:18 pm

WatchESPN wasn't provided by many companies when it first started. Given time more will sign up for fox's app
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board