Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Xudash » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:59 am

billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:keep telling yourself that. Money and Exposure are what is going to decide it. Not who owns their network. What's fox going to do if Big Ten goes to ESPN- just drop the Big Ten Network? No way.

And the question I have- is the Big Ten contract like the AAC deal was- where ESPN has the right of first refusal. If that's the case- the Big Ten isn't going anywhere.

It's a no lose situation for us.
If Fox doesn't get the Big Ten, then they'll buy Time Warner or whatever else they need to.
You're thinking too small.
Rupert Murdoch and his sons are ruthless dudes, and they dont think small.

Plus, every recent post of yours has been either dripping with sadness that things are breaking in favor of the Big East, or making ridiculous claims that go against reality... like Baghdad Bob in cyberspace.

Ha! One of the greatest video moments of all time. That poor, clueless bastard being trotted out by Saddam, standing outside with the Baghdad airport in the background with smoke rising all around, emphatically pronouncing that all was well.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:31 pm

stever20 wrote:
billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:keep telling yourself that. Money and Exposure are what is going to decide it. Not who owns their network. What's fox going to do if Big Ten goes to ESPN- just drop the Big Ten Network? No way.

And the question I have- is the Big Ten contract like the AAC deal was- where ESPN has the right of first refusal. If that's the case- the Big Ten isn't going anywhere.

It's a no lose situation for us.
If Fox doesn't get the Big Ten, then they'll buy Time Warner or whatever else they need to.
You're thinking too small.
Rupert Murdoch and his sons are ruthless dudes, and they dont think small.

Plus, every recent post of yours has been either dripping with sadness that things are breaking in favor of the Big East, or making ridiculous claims that go against reality... like Baghdad Bob in cyberspace.

That's assuming that Time Warner wants to sell. I don't think that's the case at all.

And no not everything is breaking in favor of the Big East. Did you see the preseason top 25 with exactly 1 top 25 team and 3 teams getting any votes period. That's not in favor of the Big East.

SETTING:
Midtown Manhattan.
Street corner near W 34th Street.
Midday. Sunny.

SCENE:
Camera at street level, showing Jay Bilas on payphone, facing camera, wearing a dunce cap, nodding quietly while listening, looking at papers from folder labeled "ESPN Talking Points".

Behind him, and unaware of scene, Val Ackerman and Jim Delany exit nearby building, talking, smiling, shaking hands, as Stu Jackson pats Tom Izzo on the back. Delany, Izzo and Big Ten officials climb into limo, give thumbs up sign, and drive off.

As Bilas continues to nod in his dunce cap, still holding folder, over his left shoulder on the news scroll ticker in Times Square, a scrolling message reads "Five-Star Top-5 Recruit Henry Ellenson Signs With Marquette... Five-Star Top-5 Recruit Henry Ellenson Signs With Marquette..."

Scene ends as Bilas turns suddenly to his right... camera pans slowly over to reveal NYPD cops chasing a sprinting Bernie Fine (with shirt untucked, in process of buckling his belt), Fab Melo and the UNC Tarheel Academic Board down Fifth Avenue...
Providence
billyjack

Postby BigmanU » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14 am

I don't know if this has been posted

Bill Raftery's BIG EAST Preview Show Debuts Sunday on FOX Sports 1.
BigmanU

Postby MUPanther » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:29 am

I got to say these rating results from Saturday bothers me. Some people just can't find FS1. I know Ole-Miss-LSU was on before ASU-Wash and before the USC-Utah game was UFC.

1.2 rating ESPN 11:00 pm #14-Arizona State at Washington
0.70 rating FS1 10:00 pm #20-USC at #19-Utah
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:36 am

murphy wrote:As an impartial observer to this thread, one would ask why do we care what FS1 broadcasts other than BE basketball. I am guessing that everyone here desperately wants viewers to watch BE basketball just because it is carried on a network that has other shows that people actually watch and care about (like NFL, NBA)

Well, the low rating the Big East got last year was more of a result of the new network than the league itself. So, if the network grows, the Big East grows.
Many TV viewers can't walk and chew gum at the same time. :(
MUPanther

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:48 pm

MUPanther wrote:I got to say these rating results from Saturday bothers me. Some people just can't find FS1. I know Ole-Miss-LSU was on before ASU-Wash and before the USC-Utah game was UFC.

1.2 rating ESPN 11:00 pm #14-Arizona State at Washington
0.70 rating FS1 10:00 pm #20-USC at #19-Utah

USC/Utah was insanely entertaining game with extremely minimal competition. FS1 absolutely needs games like that to draw at least a 1.
Chalmers0

Postby MUPanther » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:40 pm

If you flip those games around, USC/Utah gets the bigger rating on ESPN. The common fan just can't think or find FS1.
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:09 am

MUPanther wrote:If you flip those games around, USC/Utah gets the bigger rating on ESPN. The common fan just can't think or find FS1.

Yes. And w/o the live events to force folks to come watch- that's not changing anytime soon.
stever20

Postby bmorex » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:21 am

http://www.bigeast.com/sports/w-soccer/ ... 14aaa.html

Fox Sports to air women's soccer, men's soccer and volleyball championships.

Women's soccer on FS1, men's and volleyball on FS2.

No clue why they wouldn't put the men on FS1...the game is scheduled for a Sunday at 5 PM. Football maybe?
bmorex

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:15 pm

bmorex wrote:http://www.bigeast.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/102814aaa.html

Fox Sports to air women's soccer, men's soccer and volleyball championships.

Women's soccer on FS1, men's and volleyball on FS2.

No clue why they wouldn't put the men on FS1...the game is scheduled for a Sunday at 5 PM. Football maybe?

I know the men's soccer final- 5pm on a Sunday- is on FS2 because there's a basketball game already on FS1 at 5:30(Chicago St @ Creighton).
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board