Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby stever20 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:27 pm

That's the big thing. NBA got pushed by ESPN I'm sure to get it done early.

The thing will be starting now how the ratings are. where it's the same programming as last year.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:31 pm

FOX Sports 1 is television’s fastest-growing network on a total day basis, increasing its
average audience by 175,000, an increase of 164%.
• FOX Sports 1 the fastest-growing network in prime-time television in terms of
percentage audience growth (+303%) and viewers gained (+711,000).
• FOX Sports 1 is television’s fastest-growing sports network by far in terms of percentage
audience increase and increased viewership in prime time and total day.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:36 pm

FlyJays wrote:The ratings over the last month and a half have been promising for FS1. Largely due to baseball. However, FS1's year over year growth is the largest of any television network this year. That's the really good news. I still think they needed to make a bid for the NBA. Random Pac-12 football games and UFC aren't going to cut it when there isn't basketball to watch.

The NBA ship has sailed.

FS1 does have good amount of football from the Pac-12, Big 12 and Conf. USA. Problem is the major game they get lands on big Fox.
FS1 needs live games from Sunday thru Wednesday. Other than college basketball with the Big East and Pac-12 Nov thru the first week in March, they don't have it.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:50 pm

MUPanther wrote:
FlyJays wrote:The ratings over the last month and a half have been promising for FS1. Largely due to baseball. However, FS1's year over year growth is the largest of any television network this year. That's the really good news. I still think they needed to make a bid for the NBA. Random Pac-12 football games and UFC aren't going to cut it when there isn't basketball to watch.

The NBA ship has sailed.

FS1 does have good amount of football from the Pac-12, Big 12 and Conf. USA. Problem is the major game they get lands on big Fox.
FS1 needs live games from Sunday thru Wednesday. Other than college basketball with the Big East and Pac-12 Nov thru the first week in March, they don't have it.

Problem with their football- Big 12 is the #5 of the P5 conferences, and Pac 12 with being out west has a number of late night starts. And yes, the major game normally gets syphoned off to Fox.

And Fox from now until March- really the only Sun-Fri programming is Big East/Pac 12 bball and UFC(which don't compliment each other at all). Live rights are what Fox needs.
stever20

Postby billyjack » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:45 pm

MUPanther wrote:FOX Sports 1 is television’s fastest-growing network on a total day basis, increasing its
average audience by 175,000, an increase of 164%.
• FOX Sports 1 the fastest-growing network in prime-time television in terms of
percentage audience growth (+303%) and viewers gained (+711,000).
• FOX Sports 1 is television’s fastest-growing sports network by far in terms of percentage
audience increase and increased viewership in prime time and total day.

Great numbers.

Reminds me of something that happened this past Spring...

On a weekday late afternoon, my 11 year old and I went to Galilee to get chowder and clam cakes, and watch the boats go by. Sitting near the rocks. A busboy came out of the back of the restaurant (George's) and dumped two boxfuls of dinner rolls directly into the top of an open dumpster. There must have been 150 to 200 rolls, which I guess were stale. Anyway, the rolls were out in the open.

So, maybe 3 minutes passed by while we're crunching on our food. The Block Island Ferry was out in the distance approaching the harbor entrance. Anyway, at around the 4 minute mark, a lone seagull swooped over to the dumpster and grabbed a roll... downed it in like three bites.

Another 30 seconds went by, and two of the seagull's friends came over and grabbed a roll or two each... so 3 seagulls... and I think the seagulls notified some more friends too... because...

Within the next 90 seconds, near the 6 minute mark, there must have been 15 seagulls grabbing at these rolls... by the 8 minute mark I couldn't count the number of seagulls, probably 30 or 40 or more... a frenzy of seagull wings, rolls, and other assorted random garbage from the dumpster were just flipping in the air... seagulls were squawking, fighting, swooping, dive bombing, chaos... luckily we were way over on the other side of the parking lot...

Anyway, my son and I had a great day together...

Providence
billyjack

Postby murphy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:59 pm

As an impartial observer to this thread, one would ask why do we care what FS1 broadcasts other than BE basketball. I am guessing that everyone here desperately wants viewers to watch BE basketball just because it is carried on a network that has other shows that people actually watch and care about (like NFL, NBA)

Kinda seems like the ugly ignorant wanting to hang with they dude who gets all the girls in order to maybey someday have a chance at one of his castoffs.
murphy

Postby Jet915 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:06 pm

I have to believe FS1 will get some Big Ten football/basketball like how they currently split the Big XII/Pac-12 with ESPN. They own half the Big Ten Network and promote Big Ten Network games on FS1 already. Once FS1 gets the Big Ten, they will be fine IMO. This doesn't include MLS, Men's and Women's World Cup and U.S. Open Golf that are coming in the next few years....
Jet915

Postby R to the OB » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Would FOX go after American Sports Network (Currently owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group) if it grows large enough to fill FS2 with live content? That move makes a lot of sense to me.
R to the OB

Postby stever20 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Jet915 wrote:I have to believe FS1 will get some Big Ten football/basketball like how they currently split the Big XII/Pac-12 with ESPN. They own half the Big Ten Network and promote Big Ten Network games on FS1 already. Once FS1 gets the Big Ten, they will be fine IMO. This doesn't include MLS, Men's and Women's World Cup and U.S. Open Golf that are coming in the next few years....

Fox owning half of the Big Ten Network is MEANINGLESS. If ESPN pays more than Fox does(and if they don't allow it to go to open bidding)- ESPN will get it. It's a BIG TEN decision. Not a Big Ten Network decision. HUGE difference there.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:45 pm

stever20 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:I have to believe FS1 will get some Big Ten football/basketball like how they currently split the Big XII/Pac-12 with ESPN. They own half the Big Ten Network and promote Big Ten Network games on FS1 already. Once FS1 gets the Big Ten, they will be fine IMO. This doesn't include MLS, Men's and Women's World Cup and U.S. Open Golf that are coming in the next few years....

Fox owning half of the Big Ten Network is MEANINGLESS. If ESPN pays more than Fox does(and if they don't allow it to go to open bidding)- ESPN will get it. It's a BIG TEN decision. Not a Big Ten Network decision. HUGE difference there.

It is NOT meaningless. There is a working relationship and synergies in place. Although money will be the deciding factor, Fox owning half your network will get you a seat at the table.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board