Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Not sure how recent this is but I just discovered that fox sports go is available on android now. Good for the network and fans alike!
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TBC Alum » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Have they lost the Range Rover ad yet (where the dog sniffs and returns the woman's article of clothing?)
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby TheHall » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Professor_Bulldog wrote:Not sure how recent this is but I just discovered that fox sports go is available on android now. Good for the network and fans alike!

Didn't know that. Always felt jilted about that, thx.
TheHall

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Professor_Bulldog wrote:Not sure how recent this is but I just discovered that fox sports go is available on android now. Good for the network and fans alike!

Unfortunately, it's not available for most providers like mine (Verizon FiOS).
Jet915

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:10 am

I saw last night during the All Star game that Fox Sports 1 is going to be carrying some of the baseball playoffs (though I'm pretty certain the World Series will be on Fox). Good move for FS1.

In the post-season, TBS and ESPN will air two Wild Card Games. TBS and Fox Sports will air the Division Series, while TBS will air the American League Championship Series. Fox Sports will air the All-Star Game, National League Championship Series, and World Series.
TrueBlueJay

Postby BEwannabe » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:22 am

the big news of the last 24 hours is Rupert Murdoch bidding for Time Warner - FS1 would have all the content needed if successful but I don't necessarily equate more content as a good thing for Big East basketball because Big East basketball would be the lowest rated franchise Fox would own.
BEwannabe

Postby stever20 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:42 am

BEwannabe wrote:the big news of the last 24 hours is Rupert Murdoch bidding for Time Warner - FS1 would have all the content needed if successful but I don't necessarily equate more content as a good thing for Big East basketball because Big East basketball would be the lowest rated franchise Fox would own.

Time Warner rebuffed this though.

I do agree that more content isn't necessarily a good thing for Big East Basketball. Especially if FS1 got more winter content, that's the big thing to watch. If they got a NBA package, a Big Ten packaage- that's all going to be on prime spots on FS1. UFC isn't going anywhere. It's not like ESPN that has ESPN 2 as being viable- as well as ESPNU and ESPNews.

And wouldn't be shocked to see Fox see if they could get a package of NHL games quite frankly.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:09 am

BEwannabe wrote:the big news of the last 24 hours is Rupert Murdoch bidding for Time Warner - FS1 would have all the content needed if successful but I don't necessarily equate more content as a good thing for Big East basketball because Big East basketball would be the lowest rated franchise Fox would own.

Rising tide lifts all boats.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:26 am

Anyone know what sports content Time Warner actually has the rights to? The only thing I can think of is the Dodgers.....
Jet915

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:33 am

Jet915 wrote:Anyone know what sports content Time Warner actually has the rights to? The only thing I can think of is the Dodgers.....

Time Warner owns
"Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (Turner) operates international news, entertainment, animation, young adult and kids media networks as well as related businesses. Turner brands include CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, The Legal Talk Network, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, truTV, Turner Sports, The Legal Forum Radio Show, Atlanta Medical Journal and more. Turner’s brands and sub brands reach broad domestic and international audiences.[18] In addition to television network programming, Turner manages digital sports entities, including bleacherreport.com NBA.com, PGA.com and NCAA.com. Turner’s TBS channel reaches large audiences in the 18- to 34-year-old bracket[19] and its news network, CNN, provides a 24-hour news network that delivers news and analysis to domestic and international audiences across multiple platforms. Turner Sports produces sports programming and content for the Turner Networks and related digital properties. Turner Sports’ television line-up includes NBA and MLB games, the NCAA Tournament Games, NASCAR races and professional golf tournaments. Turner operates PGA.com and related digital properties of the PGA under agreements with the PGA. Turner and the NBA jointly manage a portfolio of the NBA’s digital businesses, including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA League Pass, NBA Mobile and the NBA GameTime app and also MLB jointly manage a portfolio of the MLB's digital businesses including MLB Network, MLB.com, MLB Extra Innings and the MLB Network App.[20]"
hoyahooligan

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board