Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:
stever20 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Fox Sports 1 announced a new show called "America's Pregame" with Mike Hill hosting at 6 ET. Good move, I think they needed a sportscenter type show in the late afternoon before all the nightly sporting events. Hopefully, they will eventually have a morning show as well.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/17/americas-pregame-to-premiere-monday-april-7-on-fox-sports-1/245384/

Totally agree with you. Great move. Just wonder come football season what will happen. Will they move the Fox Football Daily to 5pm?

Per Awful Announcing, Fox Football Daily is getting the ax and there are no current plans to bring it back. I would not have guessed that would get the ax before Crowd Goes Wild

Wow, that's a surprise. I figured that was the one show they keep. Can't imagine them not having a football show. I'm sure they'll bring back some reincarnation of it when NFL starts again. That would be dumb to have no football show on FS1.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 am

Got a 0.5 rating for the title game this year
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/03 ... day-night/

only big conference worse than us looks like the Pac 12 also on FS1.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:13 am

stever20 wrote:Got a 0.5 rating for the title game this year

A 0.5 rating is actually pretty good for FS1. Our games were averaging 0 to 0.2 ratings. It's an FS1 thing, not a Big East thing given the fact that the Pac-12 also suffered. It will take a few years but FS1 will be in the same league as ESPN2. MLB, US Open, Nascar and World Cup are coming. Eventually, as contracts renew, FS1 will be put near ESPN and other sports channels. It just takes time.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:22 am

Jet915 wrote:

A 0.5 rating is actually pretty good for FS1. Our games were averaging 0 to 0.2 ratings. It's an FS1 thing, not a Big East thing given the fact that the Pac-12 also suffered. It will take a few years but FS1 will be in the same league as ESPN2. MLB, US Open, Nascar and World Cup are coming. Eventually, as contracts renew, FS1 will be put near ESPN and other sports channels. It just takes time.

I know Directv and Fios, FS1 is near ESPN and other sports channels.

FS1 needs a lot more content. Even the 4 you listed. US Open is like 3-4 weeks. World Cup is a month. Nascar doesn't have that wide of a following, a lot of folks do not follow it. MLB is good, but they need more than just that.
stever20

Postby HoosierPal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:57 am

Jet915 wrote:

Saturday night isn't a good time to draw a large audience. Too many other things going on. Yeah, many bars had the game on, but if the game was played during the day, it perhaps would have drawn higher. Plus, as I stated in another thread - and was thoroughly shot down by Bill Marsh [but that's okay, he didn't convince me I was wrong] - Providence v Creighton is not the game Villanova v Creighton would have been regarding drawing national attention. Two national powers v one national powers. Casual fans opted out of the Big East title match which means TV's were not tuned into Fox Sports 1.
HoosierPal

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:59 am

HoosierPal wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Saturday night isn't a good time to draw a large audience. Too many other things going on. Yeah, many bars had the game on, but if the game was played during the day, it perhaps would have drawn higher. Plus, as I stated in another thread - and was thoroughly shot down by Bill Marsh [but that's okay, he didn't convince me I was wrong] - Providence v Creighton is not the game Villanova v Creighton would have been regarding drawing national attention. Two national powers v one national powers. Casual fans opted out of the Big East title match which means TV's were not tuned into Fox Sports 1.

the year before same time(actually 30 minutes later)- the game got a 2.1 rating.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:00 am

*Yawn* wake me up in 10 years when this stuff matters.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 am

DudeAnon wrote:*Yawn* wake me up in 10 years when this stuff matters.

If it doesn't improve in a year or two, you know other schools will start to use this against us recruiting. That's the danger. Wouldn't be shocked to see schools using it against us now even.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 am

The one benefit of FS1 right now atleast is that almost ALL of our games are on national TV. Not just the conference games, the OOC games against crappy MEAC/SWAC teams are being shown. Sure, that kills the ratings but family members of recruits can see almost all the games of their kid on TV (not ESPN3).
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 am

Jet915 wrote:The one benefit of FS1 right now atleast is that almost ALL of our games are on national TV. Not just the conference games, the OOC games against crappy MEAC/SWAC teams are being shown. Sure, that kills the ratings but family members of recruits can see almost all the games of their kid on TV (not ESPN3).

The danger for us will be next year, does Fox put more and more of those games on FS2 or FSN. Also, will the schools schedule more home and homes, which would force more road games that aren't controlled by Fox?
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board