Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:22 am

Yes, Fox Sports bought the league so they can do what they want. But who set up the crazy schedule? Why are the Bulldogs off for 8 days here near the end of the season? Sure, it might be a welcome break for the players, at least that is what the politically correct spin would be, but let's get it on! The Big Fox Conference needs more consistent scheduling in the future. Let's not stop and start like this during conference play. It really isn't that hard to put together a schedule where fans know when to expect a Big Fox game on TV.
HoosierPal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:15 am

HoosierPal wrote:Yes, Fox Sports bought the league so they can do what they want. But who set up the crazy schedule? Why are the Bulldogs off for 8 days here near the end of the season? Sure, it might be a welcome break for the players, at least that is what the politically correct spin would be, but let's get it on! The Big Fox Conference needs more consistent scheduling in the future. Let's not stop and start like this during conference play. It really isn't that hard to put together a schedule where fans know when to expect a Big Fox game on TV.

Its the nature of the beast. FS1 has more programming than just Big East games to accomodate, that why the schedule is the way it is.
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:29 am

Jet915 wrote:
HoosierPal wrote:Yes, Fox Sports bought the league so they can do what they want. But who set up the crazy schedule? Why are the Bulldogs off for 8 days here near the end of the season? Sure, it might be a welcome break for the players, at least that is what the politically correct spin would be, but let's get it on! The Big Fox Conference needs more consistent scheduling in the future. Let's not stop and start like this during conference play. It really isn't that hard to put together a schedule where fans know when to expect a Big Fox game on TV.

Its the nature of the beast. FS1 has more programming than just Big East games to accomodate, that why the schedule is the way it is.

I don't even understand his beef exactly. 8 days off is a big deal to him? Playing games on nights other than Saturday or Wednesday is a problem to him? He doesn't like 1 BE game each weeknight, and would rather have a regimented schedule, stacking games on the same night and time? Each of these should be considered a positive.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:26 am

billyjack wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

I don't even understand his beef exactly. 8 days off is a big deal to him? Playing games on nights other than Saturday or Wednesday is a problem to him? He doesn't like 1 BE game each weeknight, and would rather have a regimented schedule, stacking games on the same night and time? Each of these should be considered a positive.

I think I'd have kind of preferred the schedule that the AAC has where every team entering today had 3 games left. 1 this weekend, 1 mid week, and then 1 next weekend. That's not bad at all.

I will say, during the regular part of the schedule, you will always have like 1-2 times where you go a week between conference games. Generally have like 20 slots to play 18 games. So going to have like 2 byes in there.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Can't argue with this...

Zak Keefer ‏@zkeefer Mar 5
Fox Sports 1 announces the trio of Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery and Erin Andrews will call 7 of 9 Big East Tourney games in NYC next week.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Jet915 wrote:Can't argue with this...

Fox Sports 1 announces the trio of Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery and Erin Andrews will call 7 of 9 Big East Tourney games in NYC next week.

wonder which 2 they aren't calling? the 2 QF on Thu or the 2 1st rd games on Wed?
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 am

stever20 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Can't argue with this...

wonder which 2 they aren't calling? the 2 QF on Thu or the 2 1st rd games on Wed?

2 QF early Thursday. Tariq Turner and Kutcher are calling those. They are calling Wednesday games and all the other games. Here is a press release for all the events. I like the "Creighton All-Access" they will be doing :D .

http://fangsbites.com/?p=30645
Jet915

Postby Chalmers0 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Random thought, but I was watching BTN The Journey the other night, great insight into the players/programs of the conference. It's obviously a pipe dream, but I would LOVE to see something similar done by FS1, even on maybe a bi-weekly basis during the conference season.
Chalmers0

Postby OutlawWales » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:Random thought, but I was watching BTN The Journey the other night, great insight into the players/programs of the conference. It's obviously a pipe dream, but I would LOVE to see something similar done by FS1, even on maybe a bi-weekly basis during the conference season.

FS1 *is* doing something kind of similar to this during tournament week (this week) covering Creighton's first trip to the BET.

According to a Fox press release:

"Throughout its tournament coverage next week, FOX COLLEGE HOOPS TIP-OFF presents exclusive behind-the-scenes access to one of the top teams in the country. CREIGHTON ALL-ACCESS is a series of backstage features chronicling the Bluejays’ journey during their first BIG EAST Tournament, with one feature running each night of the tournament."

http://fangsbites.com/?p=30645
OutlawWales

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board