If Wichita St. runs the table, do they deserve a #1 seed?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: If Wichita St. runs the table, do they deserve a #1 seed

Postby Bill Marsh » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Deleted.
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BillikensWin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Until they lose, they deserve a 1.

If they lose, new question.
Saint Louis University: Proud Members of the Big Atlantic Valley Conference
BillikensWin

Postby handdownmandown » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Starting to sound to me like Buckswope has a dog in this fight.
handdownmandown

Postby BillikensWin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:10 pm

handdownmandown wrote:Starting to sound to me like Buckswope has a dog in this fight.

Buckswope is a SLU fan if I remember right. So I guess somewhat of a dog in it.
BillikensWin

Postby buckswope » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:32 pm

handdownmandown wrote:Starting to sound to me like Buckswope has a dog in this fight.

A SLU season ticket holder. I respect both WIchita St and Creighton and would love to see them paired as the 1 and 2 in the same region.

I think the anti-Wichita St 1-seed arguments are largely misguided, as if Wichita St intentionally engineered a soft schedule in order to go undefeated and claim a 1 seed...

Misguided argument becomes ironic when coming from Creighton fans.
buckswope

Postby Sumdumguy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:41 pm

buckswope wrote:

A SLU season ticket holder. I respect both WIchita St and Creighton and would love to see them paired as the 1 and 2 in the same region.

I think the anti-Wichita St 1-seed arguments are largely misguided, as if Wichita St intentionally engineered a soft schedule in order to go undefeated and claim a 1 seed...

I'm looking for a serious explanation. Buckswope, what is ironic about the CU arguments?
Sumdumguy

Postby BillikensWin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Well, Creighton and WSU were pretty big rivals not long ago...maybe some residual hatred?
BillikensWin

Postby Sumdumguy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:54 pm

I just want to know if Buckswope knows the definition of irony. I could be wrong, that's why I'm seeking an explanation, but I don't see the CU comments as ironic.
Sumdumguy

Postby buckswope » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Sumdumguy wrote:
buckswope wrote:

I'm looking for a serious explanation. Buckswope, what is ironic about the CU arguments?

It's ironic because Creighton leaving the Valley took 3 massive games against top a 10 opponent off Wichita St's schedule...

I don't fault Creighton for leaving the MVC. It was a no brainer to jump to the better conference. However, from a purely neutral basketball fan perspective, Creighton's leaving created this situation where Wichita St aren't seriously challenged in the conference. We'll never know if Wichita St would have been able to sweep Creighton 3 times - but I think we all agree that if they did, they'd be a 1-seed.

If Creighton tried to keep the series going and Wichita St denied them, I will stand down and retract my statement - but my understanding is that Wichita St will play anyone home and home starting the series on the road - thus I assume Creighton is (more) to blame for the lack of a head to head OOC matchup in 2013-14.

Like I said, the perfect solution is to just stick them in the same region and let it play out naturally on a neutral court in the regional final (assuming each side can beat 3 other teams).
buckswope

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Creighton played a really good OOC schedule. CU isn't responsible for Wichita's scheduling.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board