Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby Jet915 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:34 pm

BEwannabe wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Michigan State vs. Georgetown pulled in a very good number at 539K. Highest total for a Big East game year to date. Probably due to Michigan State being ranked and Georgetown pulling the upset. St. John's vs. Creighton was next at 124K.

The big audience is the direct result of playing a school with a large alumni base and a national following.

Partially true, but the audience was twice as much as Syracuse vs. St. John's and Kentucky vs. Providence and I think those two programs have a pretty big following.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:21 am

Jet915 wrote:
BEwannabe wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Michigan State vs. Georgetown pulled in a very good number at 539K. Highest total for a Big East game year to date. Probably due to Michigan State being ranked and Georgetown pulling the upset. St. John's vs. Creighton was next at 124K.

The big audience is the direct result of playing a school with a large alumni base and a national following.

Partially true, but the audience was twice as much as Syracuse vs. St. John's and Kentucky vs. Providence and I think those two programs have a pretty big following.

I think moreso of a difference is the fact that it's actually "basketball" season now. Both of the other games you mentioned were buried going up against NFL football. Good luck There.
stever20

Postby shupirate98 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:26 am

Reports that FS1 has signed on to simulcast Mike Francesa's radio show. A national sports network giving over 5 and a half hours a day to a local radio gasbag? Uhhhh...

Disclaimer: I actually kind of like the gasbag. But still.
shupirate98

Postby BEwannabe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:41 am

Mike F has no national following and I'm confident the simulcast sports talks have next to no ratings. You would have to have no life to actually watch a radio show.
BEwannabe

Postby CPJays » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:34 am

Cheap programming.
CPJays

Postby senditinjerome » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:52 am

mike francesa is too much of new yorker to have a national audience...it was fine when his show was on the YES network becasue that's mostly limited to the tri-state area.
senditinjerome

Postby Jet915 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 pm

senditinjerome wrote:mike francesa is too much of new yorker to have a national audience...it was fine when his show was on the YES network becasue that's mostly limited to the tri-state area.

I don't even know who this guy is but I guess it's better than 6 hours of Fox Sports Live reruns I guess. Cheap programming.
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:07 pm

How great is Fox Sports 1 for us? And how screwy is ESPN?....
I noticed that Syracuse was in a tight one with NC State with under 5 minutes.
I put it on ESPN, and they were in the Kentucky pregame show on the court with Digger and Bilas.
On ESPN2, they had the BYU at St Mary's game, and were interviewing Matt Dellavadova during the action.
On ESPNU, they were showing the K-State vs Baylor game.
On ESPN News, they had the news. Saw highlights on Houston vs Cincinnati.

Not that i cared, but I couldn't find the SU game. ESPN News showed a couple of SU highlights and told us that we could watch the game on ESPN-something... I'm guessing it was online? Did anyone else run into this, or was it just in my area?
Providence
billyjack

Postby Jet915 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm

billyjack wrote:How great is Fox Sports 1 for us? And how screwy is ESPN?....
I put it on ESPN, and they were in the Kentucky pregame show on the court with Digger and Bilas.
On ESPN2, they had the BYU at St Mary's game, and were interviewing Matt Dellavadova during the action.

Not that i cared, but I couldn't find the SU game. ESPN News showed a couple of SU highlights and told us that we could watch the game on ESPN-something... I'm guessing it was online? Did anyone else run into this, or was it just in my area?

I watched on ESPN3. That's the problem, they have too much content, can't show everything on their main channels. It's probably safe to assume that they didn't think NC State AT Syracuse would be a close game.
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Jet915 wrote:
billyjack wrote:How great is Fox Sports 1 for us? And how screwy is ESPN?....

I watched on ESPN3. That's the problem, they have too much content, can't show everything on their main channels. It's probably safe to assume that they didn't think NC State AT Syracuse would be a close game.

Ok, so ESPN3... Yeah, kinda crazy that when they have the #1 ranked team, that they wouldn't switch on the fly. I guess I really never use ESPN3... just not convenient enough for me...
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board