Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Chalmers0 wrote:Ratings for the NYE Marathon.

Xavier/St. Johns - 0.1
Providence/Seton Hall - 0.0
Georgetown/DePaul - 0.0
Villnova/Butler - 0.1
Creighton/Marquette - 0.1

The only other 2 games during the week (Dec 30th - Jan 5th) to muster up a .1 were USC/UCLA and Oregon/Colorado.

The highest viewed programming for the week was Monster Energy Supercross with a .2

Not exactly ideal.

http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/2014/ ... -1_10.html

Darn, looks like SpongeBob beat us again. Darn that Patrick!
HoosierPal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pki1998 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:27 pm

tsmithohio1234 wrote: Fox is continuing to cross promote the Big East on Fox News, Fox Business and Fox and Friends The networks political viewpoint is in sever conflict with the Catholic experience. I doubt that the Nuns on the bus are pleased.

Well should Notre Dame give up its NBC contract because of MSNBC? The commentators their are pretty much pro-baby killing (I believe they call it pro-choice, I call it what it is). The only network that reflects the catholic experiance that I know of is etwn, so come off your high horse and realize that Catholics can be republicans democrats or independents
Xavier
pki1998

Postby billyjack » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:21 am

pki1998 wrote: ...experience that I know of is EWTN...

EWTN...
I think Mother Angelica pulled in only a 0.2 last night. They had her head-to-head with "Dr Quinn Medicine Woman" on Hallmark AND Spongebob... nutty, i know... in my opinion the good sister should've been moved to the 6pm timeslot to solidify the 88-108 year old demographic... especially with PBS slotting both Lawrence Welk re-reruns and Cadfael (3rd season) on Tuesday nights.

The big question is, will they renew Mother Angelica's contract...? She's looking for something in the range of 4-years at 8 million per... not unreasonable... it's not even John Lackey money... but EWTN has been balking, and NBC Sports Network is said to be making a big push for her... stay tuned...
Providence
billyjack

Postby lukecu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Did anyone else watch the Creighton-Xavier game and think the CBS Sports broadcast was much better than Fox Sports 1? I certainly did.
Nebraska raised, Creighton by choice!
lukecu

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:22 pm

lukecu wrote:Did anyone else watch the Creighton-Xavier game and think the CBS Sports broadcast was much better than Fox Sports 1? I certainly did.

I agree, CBSSN did a nice job, unfortunately, no one probably saw it. Maybe it has something to do with the CBS Final Four music and what not, but definitely was a great broadcast. Fox is pretty new at doing hoops so give them some time.

As an aside, NFL is putting up Thursday night football up for bid, if Murdoch opens his wallet, this would be a gamechanger for FS1 for sure (and be huge for the Big East). Thursday night football would only take up one prime-time slot during the week (or every other week) but make the ratings soar and easily match ESPN2.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/12/nfl-thursday-night-foootball-broadcast/
Jet915

Postby Cio » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:08 pm

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I rather like the Gametrax that is on the foxsports.com. The updates seem to come pretty quickly, and I like all the information it shows for the game. They just need to figure out how to make the colors for each team actually be one of that team's colors.
Cio

Postby billyjack » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 pm

A general observation:
ESPN-U has been showing low budget commercials, like "MyCleanPC", "Get Perfect Bacon", "Wax Vac" ear wax remover, and the "Olde Brooklyn Lantern".
Both Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 have been showing higher budget commercials, even during snowboarding events, like Ford, Cooper Mini, KFC, and similar.

Not sure what it means, but would think the FS1 and FS2 commercials are signs of healthy stations.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Chalmers0 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:26 am

billyjack wrote:A general observation:
ESPN-U has been showing low budget commercials, like "MyCleanPC", "Get Perfect Bacon", "Wax Vac" ear wax remover, and the "Olde Brooklyn Lantern".
Both Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 have been showing higher budget commercials, even during snowboarding events, like Ford, Cooper Mini, KFC, and similar.

Not sure what it means, but would think the FS1 and FS2 commercials are signs of healthy stations.

I would assume that Fox is just basically giving away those spots (obviously that's a stretch) while FS1 and FS2 continue to grow, but that's just me guessing.
Chalmers0

Postby stever20 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:10 am

Chalmers0 wrote:
billyjack wrote:A general observation:

I would assume that Fox is just basically giving away those spots (obviously that's a stretch) while FS1 and FS2 continue to grow, but that's just me guessing.

I thought I had seen somewhere where Fox is having to do make up ads for their FS1 games not getting the ratings they needed to make.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Meh, could they have nobody watching it for all I care. As long as ratings are better 10 years from now all is good.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board