UConn to the Big 12?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: UConn to the Big 12?

Postby Xudash » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:08 pm

Vill wrote:Let 'em go. Not the end of the world.

50 -7

Maryland

I doubt they’re going anywhere.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:55 pm

Talks between UConn and the B12 have been “paused” by the league. Would seem to indicate the at UConn doesn’t have the votes.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:52 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:Reports were that B12 Presidents did not give the votes necessary to approve UConn (or Gonzaga) months ago when BY pushed for them then. If they have changed their tune now, wonder what is now different.

So, nothing changed. What was true months ago remains true today: B12 Presidents/ADs do not majorly support accepting UConn as a member.

This will be an interesting dynamic to monitor moving forward: Yormark clearly has a fixation with not only adding additional basketball powers into the B12 (UConn/Gonzaga) but also planting a flag right in the heart of NY (UConn, and other future additions). B12 members do not share that same vision. At (already) 16 full members, a conference's size is not infinite. The Big 12, or any league, cannot continue expanding without eventually draining the per school payouts annually. If/when the ACC loses FSU/Clemson, their media deal (present/future) will be impacted, leading to at least a few considering moves elsewhere. Wouldn't a Louisville, Miami, Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech be considerably more valuable to an all-sports league than a UConn (or any basketball-only school)? At some point, the pie-in-the-sky declarations from BY will wear thin on B12 leaders. Again, will be interesting to follow moving forward.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby billyjack » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:48 pm

The Big 12 currently has 16 schools.
Of those 16, i think only 2 have every made the college playoff (maybe i missed one of them?).

The two that made it were:
- Cincinnati in 2021, which got crushed by Alabama 27-6.
- TCU in 2022, which got absoluted dismantled 65-7 by Georgia.

This year, they have Utah ranked at #11, and several others in the high teens. They just lost by far their top 2 historic programs (and Texas is currently #3, and Oklahoma is #15).

They have super public relations, cuz the sportsworld continuously tells me how amazing they are.

The have a commissioner who is just a chaos agent, who rolls out stinkbombs to distract from people noticing his mammoth football conference blows.

He basically snuck up like a freakin hyena on the battered and shellshocked Pac-12 and poached 4 schools while everything was in chaos. The media deal was done by this blowhard during this uncertainty.

I dont know how long Yormark's contract is with the Big-12, but i see him as the type of guy that will claim victory and bail. When the conference struggles he'll just make believe adding UConn would've solved everything.

Then he'll move on to his next project, throwing stinkbombs, destroying things, and claiming he's a genius. The only question is what remaining beloved field in America is destroyable for him-- maybe he'll move the Baseball Hall of Fame to Vegas, or maybe he'll paint the Golden Gate Bridge blue, or put a neon advertising sign on the moon.

Sorry-- subconsciously i cant overlook that during an interview about his sports fandom, he said he's been to one college football game, at his alma mater Indiana, but at halftime they were losing "21 to zero".

Eff this guy.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Django » Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:49 am

billyjack wrote:The Big 12 currently has 16 schools.
Of those 16, i think only 2 have every made the college playoff (maybe i missed one of them?).

The two that made it were:
- Cincinnati in 2021, which got crushed by Alabama 27-6.
- TCU in 2022, which got absoluted dismantled 65-7 by Georgia.

This year, they have Utah ranked at #11, and several others in the high teens. They just lost by far their top 2 historic programs (and Texas is currently #3, and Oklahoma is #15).

They have super public relations, cuz the sportsworld continuously tells me how amazing they are.

The have a commissioner who is just a chaos agent, who rolls out stinkbombs to distract from people noticing his mammoth football conference blows.

He basically snuck up like a freakin hyena on the battered and shellshocked Pac-12 and poached 4 schools while everything was in chaos. The media deal was done by this blowhard during this uncertainty.

I dont know how long Yormark's contract is with the Big-12, but i see him as the type of guy that will claim victory and bail. When the conference struggles he'll just make believe adding UConn would've solved everything.

Then he'll move on to his next project, throwing stinkbombs, destroying things, and claiming he's a genius. The only question is what remaining beloved field in America is destroyable for him-- maybe he'll move the Baseball Hall of Fame to Vegas, or maybe he'll paint the Golden Gate Bridge blue, or put a neon advertising sign on the moon.

Sorry-- subconsciously i cant overlook that during an interview about his sports fandom, he said he's been to one college football game, at his alma mater Indiana, but at halftime they were losing "21 to zero".

Eff this guy.

I’ve heard people speculate that all of his actions are because he really wants Val’s job. I’m guessing it’s safe to say you wouldn’t be a fan of that :lol:
Django

Postby billyjack » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:29 pm

Lol, correct Django !
Providence
billyjack

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board