*breaking* new TV Deal

The home for Big East hoops

*breaking* new TV Deal

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:42 pm

From The Athletic:
Big East men’s and women’s college basketball is on the verge of adding new television partners as NBC Sports and TNT Sports are expected to join Fox Sports in presenting games beginning this season, sources briefed on the negotiations told The Athletic.

While Fox Sports will remain the top partner, both NBC, which will feature most of its games on Peacock, and TNT Sports, which operates the streaming service Max, are anticipated to add a large number of games.

The financial terms of the expected new agreements are not yet known. The agreement is not yet formalized and the other incumbent, CBS Sports — which does a smaller package of games — is still holding discussions.

NBC Sports, TNT Sports and Fox Sports all declined to comment. A Big East spokesperson didn’t immediately return messages.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/555934 ... broadcast/
stever20

*breaking* new TV Deal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: *breaking* new TV Deal

Postby Husky_U » Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:58 pm

So everyone but ESPN wants a piece of the BE? Interesting. Hopefully the streaming aspect results in a decent raise. We got some increased bills to pay...
Husky_U

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:22 pm

Big East Tournament title game will stay on FOX, but other tournament games could be on NBC Sports or Peacock.
ArmyVet

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:34 pm

It'll be interesting to see if CBS gets anything. I would think Ackerman would want it for sure.

Interesting that NBC and TNT would be adding games this year even.... Makes me wonder how much Fox/FS1 will be airing the Big Ten now.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:01 pm

stever20 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if CBS gets anything. I would think Ackerman would want it for sure.

Interesting that NBC and TNT would be adding games this year even.... Makes me wonder how much Fox/FS1 will be airing the Big Ten now.

I can't see the link. Behind a paywall. Yet, the top reads 2025-26 season it starts. So, next seasom when the Big 12 is added to FOX/FS1.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:10 pm

MUPanther wrote:
stever20 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if CBS gets anything. I would think Ackerman would want it for sure.

I can't see the link. Behind a paywall. Yet, the top reads 2025-26 season it starts. So, next seasom when the Big 12 is added to FOX/FS1.

from the article it says that NBC and TNT showing games this year.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:14 pm

Editor’s note: An earlier version of this article misstated the year NBC, TNT Sports could join Fox as broadcast partners for Big East basketball games. The deals, if completed, are expected to start before the 2025-26 season.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby billyjack » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:52 pm

Nice, would love if we had games on Peacock. TNT is also a great move too. I dont want us taking a backseat to the Big Ten nor anyone else.
Providence
billyjack

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:56 pm

Outstanding news.

More national providers across multiple platforms. We are still apparently talking with CBS too.

We will definitely get a significant bump in pay and even more exposure. Can't wait to see the financials and length.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:58 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:Outstanding news.

More national providers across multiple platforms. We are still apparently talking with CBS too.

We will definitely get a significant bump in pay and even more exposure. Can't wait to see the financials and length.

Big East will need a media bump just to break even after the increased NIL lawsuit payouts are figured in.
ArmyVet

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board