Source: Lakers preparing massive offer to UConn's Dan Hurley

The home for Big East hoops

Postby admin » Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:13 am

This is interesting. I don't really see him as an NBA head coach, but we shall see what happens.

The Los Angeles Lakers are targeting UConn's Dan Hurley as the franchise's next coach and are preparing a massive, long-term contract offer to bring the back-to-back NCAA national champion to the NBA, sources told ESPN.

The Lakers have had preliminary contact with Hurley and the sides are planning to escalate discussions in the coming days, sources told ESPN. Hurley has been at the forefront of the Lakers' search from the beginning of the process, even while the organization has done its due diligence interviewing several other candidates, sources said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/402 ... dan-hurley
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Source: Lakers preparing massive offer to UConn's Dan Hu

Postby stever20 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:46 am

Watching ESPN with Woj this morning sure sounds like it's very possible. They were mentioning that the NBA they said had always been a goal of his.

The buyout for him going to the NBA is only 1.875 million dollars right now.

I think this really speaks to what college sports has become. Pretty much pro basketball with no rules. Would be really notable that both Hurley and Harbaugh go pro right after winning titles.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:37 am

I am hearing 6 years for 100 million to coach the greatest franchise in basketball. He's gone.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:57 am

From Fanta:
Dan Hurley met with his players at UConn this morning and informed them he's been in talks with the Lakers, a source tells Fox Sports. Hurley didn't want to hide the fact that this is real. Huskies have a noon practice and Hurley told his players it's business as usual for now.
stever20

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:16 am

Dan doesn't seem to have the temperament to coach any NBA team, let alone a Lebron led sqaud.
ArmyVet

Postby billyjack » Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:55 am

DudeAnon wrote: ... "the greatest franchise"... in basketball. He's gone.

Sad thing is i nodded in agreement as a reflex, then i wiped a tear for the almost total 38-year drought for my Celtics (of course, this year has been sweet)...
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:25 pm

so supposedly Monday is decision day. My gut says he's going to stay. I think if he was going to leave it would have already happened. what do you guys think?
stever20

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:46 am

stever20 wrote:so supposedly Monday is decision day. My gut says he's going to stay. I think if he was going to leave it would have already happened. what do you guys think?

My gut says the same.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby stever20 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:12 am

From Zagoria:
Sources: @UConnMBB has moved practice to 2 p.m. from noon.

Dan Hurley is not yet on campus, but police are there anticipating a potential scene.

"Nobody knows," one source said.
stever20

Postby Xudash » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:29 pm

stever20 wrote:so supposedly Monday is decision day. My gut says he's going to stay. I think if he was going to leave it would have already happened. what do you guys think?

I'm with you on this. I see him staying. A Jersey guy. An East Coast guy. Primarily a coach and just seems better fitted to collegiate level coaching.

Gordon Gekko versus Bud Fox - I see him as being more of a Bud Fox. How many yachts can you ski behind Dan Hurley?
XAVIER
Xudash

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board