Conference Realignment: What Next?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference Realignment: What Next?

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:48 am

Could be something, could be nothing.

PAC holding one final meeting in attempts to keep everyone together. Arizona BOR appears to be having second thoughts, as they want to keep Arizona/ASU together, and ASU Prez doesn't sound confident in leaving. Washington/Oregon talks to the B1G have cooled overnight per Auerbach and others.

Quick change from 12 hours ago.
GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:40 pm

Sounds like Oregon and Washington to the B1G. Washington and Rutgers gonna be in the same conference...........c'mon down Gonzaga lol.
Jet915

Postby butlerguy03 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:49 pm

The East-West Big 10(s) makes me think no one would bat an eye at the Big East adding Gonzaga and St. Mary's. I think 2 is important because you can package the west coast swing for every team.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby kayako » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:49 pm

Jet915 wrote:Sounds like Oregon and Washington to the B1G. Washington and Rutgers gonna be in the same conference...........c'mon down Gonzaga lol.

I think Gonzaga's value to the BE takes a dip with 4 or more western teams in the B10.

I like how this is all setting up for the SEC to take whatever they want from the ACC when the time comes. B10 is IMO stretched way too thin now after taking PAC schools in addition to Rutgers and Maryland. I don't think they can outbid the SEC for the likes of UNC anymore.
supernova
kayako

Postby Xudash » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:58 pm

Gents, poor yourself a favorite beverage.

Sit down.

Here you go.

Wow. Just wow.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/third-party-influence-may-soon-shake-foundation-of-college-football-impacting-conferences-programs/

My conditioned "old school; collegiate; business analyst" thought process: UCONN isn't worth $31mm per year in media payouts within the Big 12.

The attached article? Uhm, go "F" yourself. This is about buying low and selling high.

You'll run into the UCONN discussion towards the bottom of the article. Just know that, before you get to that piece, your jaw will already be firmly planted into the floor.

BTW, if the hedge fund and private equity guys could find a way to rip out perfectly groomed 200 year old ivy from the walls of some college buildings and sell it for some premium smoking product, they would do it.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Django » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:48 pm

Xudash wrote:Gents, poor yourself a favorite beverage.

Sit down.

Here you go.

Wow. Just wow.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/third-party-influence-may-soon-shake-foundation-of-college-football-impacting-conferences-programs/

My conditioned "old school; collegiate; business analyst" thought process: UCONN isn't worth $31mm per year in media payouts within the Big 12.

The attached article? Uhm, go "F" yourself. This is about buying low and selling high.

You'll run into the UCONN discussion towards the bottom of the article. Just know that, before you get to that piece, your jaw will already be firmly planted into the floor.

BTW, if the hedge fund and private equity guys could find a way to rip out perfectly groomed 200 year old ivy from the walls of some college buildings and sell it for some premium smoking product, they would do it.

I’ve been ripping on UCONNs horrific football team and pathetic history but to be fair I can say that the hedge fund analogy actually has worked with Creighton in the Big East. But that was a hedge on a lot of strong leverage considering our fan base, our geographic location close to KU (which we have poached recruits from) our coach and AD etc. etc. UCONN football is NOT leveraged and their geography is a college football wasteland. UCONN football is more like a mega millions ticket :lol: Better have GOOD LUCK!
Django

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:54 pm

kayako wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Sounds like Oregon and Washington to the B1G. Washington and Rutgers gonna be in the same conference...........c'mon down Gonzaga lol.

I think Gonzaga's value to the BE takes a dip with 4 or more western teams in the B10.

I like how this is all setting up for the SEC to take whatever they want from the ACC when the time comes. B10 is IMO stretched way too thin now after taking PAC schools in addition to Rutgers and Maryland. I don't think they can outbid the SEC for the likes of UNC anymore.

The B1G will be making more than the SEC, with greater national exposure. If the B1G wants FSU or UNC, they will get them. The academic association may push school leaders to the B1G by default.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby kayako » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:28 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:
kayako wrote:

The B1G will be making more than the SEC, with greater national exposure. If the B1G wants FSU or UNC, they will get them. The academic association may push school leaders to the B1G by default.

I think the SEC is in better position to offer full, or close to full shares.
supernova
kayako

Postby admin » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:18 pm

Xudash wrote:Gents, poor yourself a favorite beverage.

Sit down.

Here you go.

Wow. Just wow.

Lord, have mercy. At face value, it's incomprehensible. However, in reality, it's not hard to envision at all.
admin
Site Admin

Postby kayako » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:20 pm

It looks like PAC is down to 4 schools already. I keep coming back to this, but SDSU's dumb letter may end up preventing PAC's ability to backfill in time for 2024 season.
supernova
kayako

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board