Big East Championship 3/11/23

The home for Big East hoops

Postby MUPanther » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:56 am

Xavier vs Marquette, 6:30pm, FOX - Gus Johnson, Jim Jackson and Kristina Pink
Line: Marquette -1.5/154

Pre-game at 5:30pm on FOX
Last edited by MUPanther on Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big East Championship 3/11/23

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:04 am

An all Midwest Big East affair at the Garden.

How exciting. I'm happy for the midwestern teams. This must be the first time this has happened and it guarantee a Midwest champion this year.

May the best team win.

UConn was so darn close... but gotta recognize Marquette played a heck of a game!
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby Xuperman » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:09 am

Showtime Boxer!

What have we learned? The 2 most deserving teams will slug it out to cut down the nets. We got some practice in already when X cut down the NIT nets there last year, so it will be old hat tonight. There will be blood.
Wisdom is what you get 5 seconds after you needed it.
Xuperman

Postby SJUBBALL » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:25 am

UConn had this vibe about them they all thought this week was gonna be a coronation as them atop the new big East.

Good job Marquette. It ain’t that easy Huskies. THE CATHOLIC 7 IS ALIVE. Good luck in the dance
SJUBBALL

Postby MUBoxer » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:27 am

Xuperman wrote:Showtime Boxer!

What have we learned? The 2 most deserving teams will slug it out to cut down the nets. We got some practice in already when X cut down the NIT nets there last year, so it will be old hat tonight. There will be blood.

I wish I had a fight on showtime when I was still a boxer.

Thankfully we also have had some practice cutting down the nets this year from winning the conference and matching the all time Wins record.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Xuperman » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:37 am

All kidding aside, for what Shaka pulled off this year is just stunning. I don't see how any Big East team preseason 9 has ever won it outright...the nets tonight would be legendary stuff.

This is going to be WEBN style fireworks man!
Xuperman

Postby Jasper67 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:44 pm

Xuperman wrote:All kidding aside, for what Shaka pulled off this year is just stunning. I don't see how any Big East team preseason 9 has ever won it outright...the nets tonight would be legendary stuff.

This is going to be WEBN style fireworks man!

Great point! When I looked at the talent he had coming back and what new recruits he brought in, I thought that this would be a very mediocre team. If anyone had suggested they’d be fighting for a conference championship, I would have said they’d be more likely fighting for the bottom of the conference than the top.

I’ve always loved Shaka as a coach and this season has just reinforced that impression. I loved one point in last night’s game when he needed to correct a mistake by one of his players when there was a timeout. As the player was walking off the court, Shaka walked up to him, put his arm around the kid’s shoulder and spoke softly and quietly to him about what needed correction. That’s the guy I want coaching my kid! He’s always calm and composed on the sidelines. Compare that with the jerk coaching his opponents. Throwing F bombs all over the place, screaming FU at the refs, getting in his players’ faces. Out of control. Not composed. Disruptive to his own team. Disgraceful behaviour. A poor representative of his university.

Congratulations to both Xavier and Marquette. Without casting aspersions on any other teams (other than the one mentioned in the last paragraph), I think it can be fairly said that the two best coached teams have won their way into the final game. To think that Freemantle is done for the season with surgery on his foot and Xavier is playing for the championship anyway just says it all about Miller. He hasn’t just held his team together, but he has them peaking at just the right time is amazing,

May the best team win!
Jasper67

Postby stever20 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:31 pm

Probably won't be much of a pregame show tonight on Fox- WBC game with Mexico vs Columbia starting at 2:30 and these games have no pitch clock so they're going long.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:46 pm

Baseball game is in the 7th inning.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Xuperman » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:22 pm

Very eager to see which fanbase makes the most noise!!
Xuperman

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board