Conference Realignment: What Next?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference Realignment: What Next?

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:36 am

An ACC implosion would keep alive everybody's dream of BC returning to the Big East. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wizard of Westroads

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUBoxer » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:43 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:An ACC implosion would keep alive everybody's dream of BC returning to the Big East. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Notre Dame for MU & DePaul that'd be big. I'm sure Butler & X would like a drivable game against an easily hateable school as well
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby butlerguy03 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:36 am

MUBoxer wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:An ACC implosion would keep alive everybody's dream of BC returning to the Big East. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Notre Dame for MU & DePaul that'd be big. I'm sure Butler & X would like a drivable game against an easily hateable school as well

Forcing Notre Dame to actually play Butler would be hilarious.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby BEwannabe » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:34 pm

why UD?

Have you looked at the crowd at Gtown tonight?

there is nobody there...embarrassing might as well be broadcasting from Amherst although I think they had maybe 2500 tonight
BEwannabe

Postby kayako » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:47 pm

BEwannabe wrote:why UD?

there is nobody there...embarrassing might as well be broadcasting from Amherst although I think they had maybe 2500 tonight

Dayton fans always bring up the bottom 2 or 3 crowds as the reason Big East needs to add them. Makes zero sense to me.
supernova
kayako

Postby BEwannabe » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:52 pm

really? find once in any post I've ever made here with that slant?
BEwannabe

Postby kayako » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:03 pm

BEwannabe wrote:really? find once in any post I've ever made here with that slant?

You're good and stay on topic from what I can tell. I took a peak at Dayton message board and it looked like a nonstop shitting on Georgetown and DePaul crowds. I've always thought if your program started winning more consistently it's a slam dunk, but the crowd argument is weak imo.
supernova
kayako

Postby MUBoxer » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:35 pm

Dayton fans like this are why nobody wants to be affiliated with you

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic ... #msg422884
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Xudash » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:23 pm

MUBoxer wrote:

Holy crap. What a delusional take in that thread.

When the C7 decided to break away and the very quiet phone call from Georgetown’s president was made to President Graham at Xavier about X’s interest in joining the BE, a special BoT meeting was called to decide on it. It was one of the shortest meetings they’ve ever held. It was a slam dunk. The university was giddy over the move, and we’ve all since experienced the reasons why.

Dayton fans have no idea of the BE’s strength. UD’s program doesn’t have the juice to take control of a weak, watered down A10. UD would get slaughtered in this conference.

Expansion for the BE, if and when it comes, should involve programs that can deliver brand value and competition.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MUBoxer » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:06 am

Xudash wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:

Holy crap. What a delusional take in that thread.

When the C7 decided to break away and the very quiet phone call from Georgetown’s president was made to President Graham at Xavier about X’s interest in joining the BE, a special BoT meeting was called to decide on it. It was one of the shortest meetings they’ve ever held. It was a slam dunk. The university was giddy over the move, and we’ve all since experienced the reasons why.

Dayton fans have no idea of the BE’s strength. UD’s program doesn’t have the juice to take control of a weak, watered down A10. UD would get slaughtered in this conference.

Expansion for the BE, if and when it comes, should involve programs that can deliver brand value and competition.

To see more of that Dayton fan's idiocy here's his other posts:

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?actio ... sts;u=2479

I know there was one or two other Dayton posters on scoop for awhile. One was obnoxious as a homer but fine overall (just couldn't grasp Creighton over Dayton for the final NBE position) the other was almost as insane as this guy though.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board