Conference Realignment: What Next?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference Realignment: What Next?

Postby Django » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:20 pm

That’s a solid ass Mardi Gras post Billy, especially the STD part… now you got some churchin up to do, ashes on your forehead by 10am tomorrow bub!
Django

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:46 pm

Django wrote:That’s a solid ass Mardi Gras post Billy, especially the STD part… now you got some churchin up to do, ashes on your forehead by 10am tomorrow bub!

Haha!! And just writing "Rhody Rams" and "billyjack seasons tickets" in the same sentence gave me Linda Blair vibes.
Providence
billyjack

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:11 pm

jaxalum wrote:Am I missing something, or has it not reached this board that realignment is potentially at our front door in the worst possible way.

If those are my only options to choose from, I'll pick the former.
ArmyVet

Postby billyjack » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:20 pm

If i was a Pac-12 fan, i would go on Twitter and aggressively start rumors about the Big-12. Get these clowns on their heels.

Something about
"I'm hearing the B1G is in talks with Kansas and Oklahoma State, with Baylor and Texas Tech on deck."

"Also, the Big-12 is looking at Hawaii and Alaska-Fairbanks to get to 16. If Fairbanks balks, then look for a move towards Samoa at Pago Pago, sooner rather than later. McMurphy had a tweet but was warned to take it down.

Apparently UA-Fairbanks won't move unless UA-Skagway comes along... but Skagway BoT head Todd Palin has been resistant initially."
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:35 pm

billyjack wrote:If i was a Pac-12 fan, i would go on Twitter and aggressively start rumors about the Big-12. Get these clowns on their heels.

Something about
"I'm hearing the B1G is in talks with Kansas and Oklahoma State, with Baylor and Texas Tech on deck."

"Also, the Big-12 is looking at Hawaii and Alaska-Fairbanks to get to 16. If Fairbanks balks, then look for a move towards Samoa at Pago Pago, sooner rather than later. McMurphy had a tweet but was warned to take it down.

Apparently UA-Fairbanks won't move unless UA-Skagway comes along... but Skagway BoT head Todd Palin has been resistant initially."

Pac 12 has nothing right now though to sell. They've been so outplayed by the Big 12 to this point it's not funny.

I do think the Big East rumors of teams going to the Big 12 are utter garbage.
stever20

Postby adoraz » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:26 pm

Also, more UConn ACC talk on Twitter. They've been pretty obnoxiously public about it for the past year, but I doubt the ACC is interested. Maybe after they're poached they will be, but couldn't see them adding UConn before then.

Sadly looks as though the Big East may be affected by realignment. Same story for every conference outside of the P2.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby Django » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:00 pm

Yeah the west is drying up and the new south is just heating up and will continue to be the hotbed of talent for decades to come. TBH, if the Big East really wanted to “head down south to the land of the pines” we should see if Memphis wanted to try the football independent route… would be a great recruiting move for all big East teams and there’s history with DePaul
And Marquette….

But let’s be honest, the B12 would be dumb not to add Memphis, Tulane and USF before UCONN and Villanova, it’s all about football, and football is all about the Southeast
Django

Postby Burrito » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:32 pm

The Big 12 just needs to be patient. If the Big Ten grabs a couple more schools from the PAC-12, other PAC-12 schools may be interested in joining the Big 12 at that point.

And if the SEC eventually grabs 4 ACC schools once the GOR expires, other ACC schools may become interested in joining the Big 12 as well.
Burrito

Postby kayako » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:45 pm

Burrito wrote:The Big 12 just needs to be patient. If the Big Ten grabs a couple more schools from the PAC-12, other PAC-12 schools may be interested in joining the Big 12 at that point.

And if the SEC eventually grabs 4 ACC schools once the GOR expires, other ACC schools may become interested in joining the Big 12 as well.

I think ACC minus 4 of its best programs (5 if ND leaves as well) would still poach from the B12.
supernova
kayako

Postby Burrito » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:14 pm

kayako wrote:
Burrito wrote:The Big 12 just needs to be patient. If the Big Ten grabs a couple more schools from the PAC-12, other PAC-12 schools may be interested in joining the Big 12 at that point.

I think ACC minus 4 of its best programs (5 if ND leaves as well) would still poach from the B12.

I would think the media companies would find a conference that provides content across all four time zones more valuable than a conference that is primarily based in Eastern Standard time.
Plus, ACC football minus Clemson and Florida State would be awful.
SEC would probably take UNC as well, so that would be one of the ACC's premier basketball brands gone.
Burrito

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board