What the heck is going on here?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: What the heck is going on here?

Postby stever20 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:00 pm

jfan wrote:
stever20 wrote:maybe I need to go back to how i used to be? lol. j/k
Where's that Stever GIF we all know and love?

Including me! Sort of lost its luster once the RPI went away just a bit as projected RPI went by the wayside!
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:04 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
jfan wrote:

A classic.

How is the AAC doing anyway? I honestly have no idea.

AAC is doing ok. Houston a real threat obviously. Memphis in right now probably. Going forward the best part of this year is Tulane looking fairly decent at 13-7. #101 in the NET right now. Oh and also what is happening with the CUSA- where 4 of the teams moving over are in the top 100 in NET, to include Florida Atlantic.
stever20

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:12 pm

jfan wrote:

You got it, man!

Wizard of Westroads

Postby jfan » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:33 pm

Still hilarious!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby MUBoxer » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:58 pm

Well X and MU have been having great years with a good mix of conference and non con successes. Other than that here's my thoughts as why nobody's intrigued:

Creightons still checked out from getting punched in the Kaulk

UConn's downtrodden from conference

PC is late to the party because of weak non con

SHU is way too bubblicious to be cocky.

Villanovas a team ripped apart from injuries coming off their two decade long high.

Butler, DePaul, St J, and Georgetown suck
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby kayako » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:21 pm

We have a bigger bottom (BET or bust group) than ever before since the realignment. Having 6 fan bases mentally checked out isn't good for site traffic, I guess.

Agree with Adoraz regarding the platform issue.

Personally Jay's sudden retirement took a lot out of me. I thought I'd recover by the time season started, but losing to Temple, Portland, and DePaul didn't help. But I am thankful that UCONN, Marquette, and Xavier has kept the conference relevant while Nova's trying to figure things out ATM.
supernova
kayako

Postby XUFan09 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:06 pm

stever20 wrote:AAC is doing ok. Houston a real threat obviously. Memphis in right now probably. Going forward the best part of this year is Tulane looking fairly decent at 13-7. #101 in the NET right now. Oh and also what is happening with the CUSA- where 4 of the teams moving over are in the top 100 in NET, to include Florida Atlantic.

It would be the perfect year for you to shit on the A-10 by comparison as they have their worst performance in the Kenpom era.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby XUFan09 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:07 pm

kayako wrote:We have a bigger bottom (BET or bust group) than ever before since the realignment. Having 6 fan bases mentally checked out isn't good for site traffic, I guess.

That's actually a good point. Usually there are a few more weeks before some of these teams have an lost hope. I'd argue that Seton Hall might still have hope, but the advanced metrics aren't promising for them.
XUFan09

Postby stever20 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:18 pm

XUFan09 wrote:
stever20 wrote:AAC is doing ok. Houston a real threat obviously. Memphis in right now probably. Going forward the best part of this year is Tulane looking fairly decent at 13-7. #101 in the NET right now. Oh and also what is happening with the CUSA- where 4 of the teams moving over are in the top 100 in NET, to include Florida Atlantic.

It would be the perfect year for you to shit on the A-10 by comparison as they have their worst performance in the Kenpom era.

For sure. But they were so bad from the jump just about that it got to be almost too easy if you know what I mean.
stever20

Postby XUFan09 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:21 pm

stever20 wrote:
XUFan09 wrote:

For sure. But they were so bad from the jump just about that it got to be almost too easy if you know what I mean.

Hey now, they have *three* top 100 teams.
XUFan09

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board