Chris Beard

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Chris Beard

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:48 am

DudeAnon wrote:she started the fight and Chris acted in self-defense.

Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby XUFan09 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:52 am

Lol acted in self-defense.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:57 am

Again, I envy the environment some of you seem to have lived in. I have seen firsthand drunken women start fights (and seriously try to hurt people). She herself said she did this, what am I missing again?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby billyjack » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:23 pm

I've always respected Chuck Finley, the former 6-6 lefty pitcher for the Angels. He refrained from hitting back at his late ex-wife Tawny Kittaen (of Whitesnake video fame), who was beating him in their car with her high heel shoe.

Going a little off topic, in terms of a controversial coach getting re-hired somewhere... domestic violence-- this is a big hurdle and to me would be a true hit to PR of a hiring school... in comparison to a guy that cheats in recruiting (Bruce Pearl) or cheats on their wife, etc, or both, such as Pitino.

Like, to me St John's should have little to no PR worries if they chose to hire Pitino. Beard at this point to me would be a completely different animal.

Mike Rice or the former George Washington coach would be in third category.
Providence
billyjack

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:35 pm

ArmyVet wrote:Fired for cause without any actual charges? I'm sure UT has big gun contract lawyers who feel like they can do so, but it's a lose-lose for everyone. I would assume that he'll be a hot coaching candidate very soon and whoever hires him will have plenty of questions to answer.

Based on the conversation that followed my post quoted above, I take this back. I wasn't aware of the details of his accuser (whether subsequently retracted or not). He shouldn't be a candidate for other jobs any time in the near future.
ArmyVet

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:40 pm

DudeAnon wrote:What am I missing?

Everything apparently.

I was raised to NEVER raise your hands to a woman. Women and kids should never, ever, be punched, kicked, choked or bit by a grown man--especially one who has 6-7" and 100+ lbs on her. Be a man; walk away. If your circles include Rhonda Rousey maybe it changes the dynamic but in this case Beard's g/f appears to be quite petite.

This is what he did. Full stop. No excuse.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby XUFan09 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:58 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:What am I missing?

Everything apparently.

I was raised to NEVER raise your hands to a woman. Women and kids should never, ever, be punched, kicked, choked or bit by a grown man--especially one who has 6-7" and 100+ lbs on her. Be a man; walk away. If your circles include Rhonda Rousey maybe it changes the dynamic but in this case Beard's g/f appears to be quite petite.

This is what he did. Full stop. No excuse.

My toddler bit me on the knee, so I punted him across the room. Gotta defend myself!
XUFan09

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:17 pm

I understand online conversation isn't real so I would hope you don't mock and belittle people in conversations in real life. We will just agree to disagree. Just noting that Chris Beard's fiance is on my side.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:21 pm

DudeAnon wrote:I understand online conversation isn't real so I would hope you don't mock and belittle people in conversations in real life. We will just agree to disagree. Just noting that Chris Beard's fiance is on my side.

I would hope you don't rush to the defense of a domestic violence perpetrator in real life, but since online is part of real life, I guess you're already doing that. It's sincerely too bad. I really mean that. Gumby is right; you appear to be missing everything.

Physical evidence of the violence, dude. Physical evidence. This is clear cut yet you're digging your heels in. Also, please try to appreciate the concept of "disproportionate response," because it's very applicable here. That's what makes self-defense a bullsh-- claim.
XUFan09

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:39 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:Fired for cause without any actual charges? I'm sure UT has big gun contract lawyers who feel like they can do so, but it's a lose-lose for everyone. I would assume that he'll be a hot coaching candidate very soon and whoever hires him will have plenty of questions to answer.

Based on the conversation that followed my post quoted above, I take this back. I wasn't aware of the details of his accuser (whether subsequently retracted or not). He shouldn't be a candidate for other jobs any time in the near future.

Yeah, I totally get your initial reaction when UT didn't even wait for the legal process to play out. Then when you look at the details, UT's decision makes a lot of sense. When the incident first happened, I remember Beard or his lawyer releasing a statement in his defense and one thing that stood out about it is that it didn't really deny his actions. Beard has probably been far more worried about the legal ramifications, which lucky for him require a higher burden of proof and involve a possibly uncooperative witness (very normal in domestic violence incidents).
XUFan09

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board