Chris Beard

The home for Big East hoops

Chris Beard

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:00 pm

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... hris-beard

Chris Beard fired for cause. Seems excessive given his fiancé doesn't want to file charges and the state hasn't decided on anything yet.

Think he will take a year off before taking a new job. St. John's should go after him unless the state charges (and convicts?) him.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Chris Beard

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Chris Beard

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:26 pm

Fired for cause without any actual charges? I'm sure UT has big gun contract lawyers who feel like they can do so, but it's a lose-lose for everyone. I would assume that he'll be a hot coaching candidate very soon and whoever hires him will have plenty of questions to answer.
ArmyVet

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:18 pm

"He just snapped on me and became super violent...he choked me, threw me off the bed, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around and going nuts.” - Original statement that led to FELONY domestic assault charges.

The guy apparently has a serious drinking problem on top it being OK to him to beat up his Fiancé / gf. The ONLY reason she didn't want to press charges after the fact was b/c she was informed that the Golden Goose wouldn't be able to lay those eggs any more.

Good riddance. College BB needs less guys like him. And if St. John's pursues him, then shame on them.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:27 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:"He just snapped on me and became super violent...he choked me, threw me off the bed, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around and going nuts.” - Original statement that led to FELONY domestic assault charges.

The guy apparently has a serious drinking problem on top it being OK to him to beat up his Fiancé / gf. The ONLY reason she didn't want to press charges after the fact was b/c she was informed that the Golden Goose wouldn't be able to lay those eggs any more.

Good riddance. College BB needs less guys like him. And if St. John's pursues him, then shame on them.

There was a lot of physical evidence on her of what he had done too. Plus, it's super common for domestic violence victims to renege on their initial testimony, so her doing so is no shocker. Whether it's financial reasons with the assailant being the provider or reasons of love and "it wasn't that bad and it won't happen again and and and..."
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby ecasadoSBU » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:31 pm

nowadays I'm not surprised with this outcome.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:02 pm

XUFan09 wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:"He just snapped on me and became super violent...he choked me, threw me off the bed, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around and going nuts.” - Original statement that led to FELONY domestic assault charges.

There was a lot of physical evidence on her of what he had done too. Plus, it's super common for domestic violence victims to renege on their initial testimony, so her doing so is no shocker. Whether it's financial reasons with the assailant being the provider or reasons of love and "it wasn't that bad and it won't happen again and and and..."

https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/24/chris-be ... es-arrest/

I guess "believe all women" is out of style again.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:08 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
XUFan09 wrote:

https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/24/chris-be ... es-arrest/

I guess "believe all women" is out of style again.

I basically summarized why recanting of testimony is super common, so don't know why you think this is some sort of "gotcha." Domestic violence disputes are complicated.

Also, there was *physical evidence* of what he did. Come on, man.
Last edited by XUFan09 on Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XUFan09

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:55 pm

“I guess "believe all women" is out of style again.”

Yeah Dude I actually believe her when she reported that Beard beat her up. I provided the initial quote she gave police. And XUFan is spot on.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:45 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:“I guess "believe all women" is out of style again.”

Yeah Dude I actually believe her when she reported that Beard beat her up. I provided the initial quote she gave police. And XUFan is spot on.

Exactly. I believe her when she called the called the cops and gave her testimony, which was corroborated by the injuries she suffered, pretty much eliminating any doubt. It could be a nightmare for her, as it often is with domestic violence. She's already living with him too, so it's not easy to duck out. And hell, it's common for victims in these situations to try to rationalize it and shrug it off, because they don't want to give up on the relationship (not to mention the financial situation), so she might not want to duck out. Who knows, maybe the dude goes through some therapy, improves himself from this, and their relationship is strong after that, but that doesn't changed what happened. For UT, this was fairly straightforward.
XUFan09

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:19 am

Not try to stir something up. I just disagree. I believe the woman when she says she started the fight and Chris acted in self-defense. Obviously its nothing to be proud of, but I guess I have grown up around a whole lot worse than what was described here. People get drunk and fight about stupid shit, if that costs someone their job the country shuts down next Monday.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board