Justin Moore

The home for Big East hoops

Justin Moore

Postby stever20 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Just saw from Jon Rothstein on twitter-
Source: Villanova's Justin Moore (achilles) is returning to practice on a limited basis.

There is still no timetable for a return.

Moore averaged 14.8 PPG and 4.8 RPG last season and was injured in the Elite Eight against Houston.

Significant Big East news.
stever20

Justin Moore

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Justin Moore

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:35 pm

Even a 75-80% Justin M. would mean a whole lot to this team. Sort of like bringing in someone at the trading deadline. Middle of January is what the scuttlebutt on the Nova boards. But no one knows how effective he may be. It's certainly a tough injury.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:35 am

Villanova’s Justin Moore will be in uniform and available for today's game.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby stever20 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:54 am

Omaha1 wrote:Villanova’s Justin Moore will be in uniform and available for today's game.

boy one hell of a week to come back with- today Providence, Wed @ Marquette, and Sat @ Creighton.
stever20

Postby billyjack » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:18 pm

Villanova's a completely different team witj Moore. He looked great today, and provides another scoring option.
Providence
billyjack

Postby admin » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:40 pm

billyjack wrote:Villanova's a completely different team witj Moore. He looked great today, and provides another scoring option.

I was surprised how much he played and that really no one from the school or press commented publicly that he was going to play. I thought Moore was great and that makes me rethink where Nova will end up.

It was almost a storybook return too. With Nova down one and a minute or so to go, Moore had a contested layup that rimmed out. The next possession, Moore committed a turnover on a pass that missed it's mark and went out of bounds.
admin
Site Admin

Postby EMT » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:23 am

admin wrote:
billyjack wrote:Villanova's a completely different team witj Moore. He looked great today, and provides another scoring option.

I was surprised how much he played and that really no one from the school or press commented publicly that he was going to play. I thought Moore was great and that makes me rethink where Nova will end up.

It was almost a storybook return too. With Nova down one and a minute or so to go, Moore had a contested layup that rimmed out. The next possession, Moore committed a turnover on a pass that missed it's mark and went out of bounds.

Nova needs to win the tourney but that's not out of the question.
EMT

Postby stever20 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 pm

EMT wrote:
admin wrote:

Nova needs to win the tourney but that's not out of the question.

Nova is definitely going to be the team you don't want to see in your side of the bracket.
stever20

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:53 pm

Naturally, SHU gets both Villanova games with Moore back healthy and having plenty of time to get re-integrated into their lineup. And we'll need to win both for any realistic tournament chances.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby BEhomer » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:07 pm

Hall2012 wrote:Naturally, SHU gets both Villanova games with Moore back healthy and having plenty of time to get re-integrated into their lineup. And we'll need to win both for any realistic tournament chances.

ha. but you guys wouldn't want it any other way right?
BEhomer

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board